Forum

Another Smart Decision . . . . Jim Chaney

7 years 9 months ago #73956 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Another Smart Decision . . . . Jim Chaney
Buc, don't think I want to wager after a little thought. This place is a little slow and I was just trying to get some chatter going.

I would like to make a site donation if there is a way to do this. Is there a paypal link available I'm not seeing.

I am looking forward to the game as my father is a uga grad and my kids are unc grads. Believe it or not I would rather uga win. Just never became a heel fan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73957 by Buc
Scooby, just say "calf rope" or "uncle". ;)

Or . . . . let's you and I move the "donor stuff" up a few bucks. Or . . . . ???

Dawgs.com is a site that apparently you sign in to when checking up on some of the UGA "stuff". Believe you said that earlier in a post. It is not a "pay for play site", but it is one of the better sites that try and keep the "lid on the kettle".

Occasionally there are those that "depart", looking for greener pastures, but there is a solid group on this site that stop, look and listen. Most are "free thinkers". Some leave because they don't agree with posts on Dawgs.com. Have yet to see or read a site that "everyone" had the same opinion.

I am the loud mouth on this site . . . . more than willing to pass the torch, not run away because I don't agree. Problem with that . . . . some like to post once or twice a year and tell the rest of us that we have taken the wrong fork in the road.

BS is just that BS.

Scooby, what say you? Others have pulled up stakes.

For you Scooby . . . . I like the coaches at UNC. UNC has some very good players, believe UNC is going through what UGA did prior to Smart and Company . . . . no 'DEPTH'. Think you understand 'DEPTH', that was the sole reason that Mark Richt now lives in Boca Raton . . . . again. Mark Richt did/does not understand the "entire game" of "SEC Football". Running backs are a beautiful thing, but . . . . someone has to move the defensive line in the "opposite direction".

Welcome Coach Sam Pittman, you will be appreciated not only in Athens/Classic City, but here in Florida also. We know and we discuss the changes, often. Georgia Football is much larger than the Peach State . . . . Kirby Smart understands that. Allow me to "repeat"

We (UGA) now have a group of coaches that understand what has to happen to compete in the SEC. That is without a doubt something that was either not "understood" or . . . . take your "choice".

Sold on Smart and Company. Understand and communicate with a lot of folks. Head Coach Kirby Smart arrived in Athens/Classic City to move the Red and Black forward. What is not for "FANS" to like? We hear the media saying that "FANS" are a bit dependent on what "they" have to say, without saying where the "message" is coming from.

For those that feel they have lost their place on Dawgs.com, makes me wonder why. Simple question . . . . "why"? Say again, we do not have to be on the "same page" everyday. Some like the "past", I did for a while but not the "entire past".

I do not like what I have seen since the 1980's. Numerous mistakes have been made not only in football, and what really "bothers" me is this . . . . the players since the 1980's have had enough. That is the sole reason we have Kirby Smart in Athens right now. Greg McGarity heard the "noise" from those that played between the "Hedges". That "noise" found its way to Mahogany Row.

Whether any FAN(s) believe this or not . . . . the one thing that happened to Georgia Football in the past two years that is currently turning our football program around was Jeremy Pruitt "speaking out". Ever wonder why Nick Saban hired Pruitt to replace Smart? I don't.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73959 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Another Smart Decision . . . . Jim Chaney
Scooby, thanks for offer to help with the finances. I have been planning on sending an email soon showing how to do it.

GO DAWGS!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

7 years 9 months ago #73962 by Buc
Four (4****) defensive end? Really?

If that is the case when it comes to rating a players ability . . . . Five Star Players should not be allowed to play high school football.

Watching Malik Herring, already has a great "swim move" . . . . damn.

Really like Smart and Company working their collective butts off signing young men that would already be going to play elsewhere had not the "change" been made. Several commits have said that.

Time now for the "bleeding hearts" to step up or . . . .

www.hudl.com/video/3/2882212/5721da1dbd746d007c7c1b6b

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73971 by Buc
Find the numbers in Miami recruiting more than interesting.

Remember one of the big issues prior to Smart and Company was players leaving the State of Georgia. There was also "loose talk" about building a wall around the state.

Appears that is happening since Smart and Company took over in Athens, Georgia.

Mentioned before that I chat with folks in South Florida and there is some concern. Concern is that too many of the better or higher rated players in South Florida are going elsewhere. Sound familiar? Miami calling in the guys that once played at the "U" to try and shore up recruiting.

Takes me to this . . . . Kirby Smart pulled coaches from all over and the results speak for themselves. The gap between Kirby Smart and Mark Richt is huge, in more areas than recruiting. The coaches in Athens are very impressive on the trail to date.

Some as I have said before when mentioning South Florida are genuinely concerned with the lack of signings after supposedly hiring a top D1 coach. Often pays to do ones homework.

miami.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73972 by Buc
Doing a little mental drill with myself.

Checking the number of players that will graduate after 2016, maybe a few that will try the NFL early, my friends there is a lot of talent returning in 2017.

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/geo-m-footbl-mtt.html

Moving on to the 2017 commits thus far, more to come for sure, not too hard for me to visualize a very strong football team, including 2016 forward. With success on the field insures our program gets the stability that we have not had in the past.

georgia.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits/Preview

No more of this wait until next year. That now resides in South Florida. Just my opinion. Said several times that as long as I continue to see folks on other sites complaining about the coaching changes, I will continue to defend what I feel is and has been the needed change. Know that many on Dawgs.com feel the same.

EDIT:

I believe as many others do that winning is the key to success. Want to win every game, but . . . . winning against "stiff competition" regularly, year after year, game after game is the formula that Nick Saban brought to Alabama. He understood the need to build "depth" on both sides of the ball. Looking at his record since returning to D1 Football, appears he has the "formula" right. Did well at LSU, now Alabama, Coach Nick Saban seems to know more than many coaching in the college ranks.

For those that like to beat Saban up because he left the Dolphins, or the BS that Paul Finebaum pulled for "clicks" at the SEC meetings, that is for losers, commonly referred to on this board as "bleeding hearts".
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds