Forum

Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

11 years 6 months ago #50140 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

WoodstockDawg wrote: Great points, saddlerdawg. I think you are right, just concerns me we have no one battle tested at QB right now behind AM, which is fairly normal at a D1 school. Only person I would trust, I think, is HM, and we are trying to Red Shirt him.

Another coaching sore spot with me, WD. Red shirting Mason and giving him no playing time is idiotic, IMO. What if Murray was injured yesterday, even for a few series? Probably an automatic loss since Mason hasn't been in a game in over a year. What if Murray gets hurt in practice and can't play in one of our remaining games? We have to put somebody in that hasn't taken a snap all year. And that's why we don't have the option of sitting Murray down mid game to collect himself in a big game, because they don't want to burn Mason's red shirt and they aren't going to put LeMay in a big game. Maybe we could have fared better against USCe if Murray could have sat a series or two. I just don't get that reasoning (or lack thereof).
But what do I know, I've never been in the arena, according to richt.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, OldSouthDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #50141 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
We chose to go all in with Murray.

He 's proven time and time and time again that he's not a
big game QB at all, but that's the choice we made.

It's up for everyone to decide what anointing him our starter
for 4 years says about our coaching staff, but it is what it is.

Oh and just for the record...

17-9

:)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #50144 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

thriller wrote: Don't know if I've ever heard - er, read - so much negativity after beating Florida. I've said before - and many on this board have said it too - if we only win ONE FREAKING GAME, let it be over Florida. And we did.

Did Murray play great? . . . heck no, he stunk. But he won. And it was a big game. And it was a win over a ranked team (number 2 at the time). Winning - in the end, that's the ONLY thing I could give a rats butt about. Winning. There is simply no substitute. Winning makes me happy. The defense gets the credit for this one. That's okay. They owed the offense a big one anyway, and everyone on planet earth knows that. So we are 7-1, as are the Gay-tors, as is LSU. The 'Cocks have 2 losses and almost rang up a third today. They are gone (unless we go back to playing like we did against them, in which case we just did them a big favor).

I would be a whole lot happier if we had beaten Spurrious and his 'Cocks. That loss RUINED our season.

But NOTHING is going to spoil a win over the Gay-tors. I will gloat all week over this one. I'll put the "G" flags on my car for the whole week.

It's DAMN fine to beat the Gay-tors! GO DAWGS!!!!!

thriller, for me, you are spot on. A win over UF almost trumps the rest of the year (almost).

And a great point saying the D really owed our offense.

I honestly feel that AM studies and cares SO much that he tries TOO hard and makes his mistakes by forcing the ball trying to make a play. He just needs a valium and accept the fact that an opposing D is going to win plays sometimes.......run it or throw it away.

Also agree with all of WD's posts. ENJOY people, stop the griping and enjoy we BEAT UF.....all's great in the world again for another 364 days.

Btw, I think CMR did the right thing during that ONE incident with CTG.......looked to me like CTG was all over a ref and that ref could have thrown a 15 yard penalty flag on CTG. I'm sure CMR was tired of senseless penalties.....certainly didn't need one on a coach, for crying out loud.

Was happy with CMR's intensity yesterday.....about time.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 6 months ago #50145 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Pace a bit slower today, blood pressure down to near normal . . . .:)

Know that many of you record the UGA games and play them back. This particular game in JAX was a game that needs to be saved for several reasons. Win always comes first. Second comes from watching an intimidating performance by our defense. Did anyone on this board think that we would hold Florida to 9 points, if you did, not sure you are being honest. Not with the way we had played against Kentucky and others. :)

Garrison Smith had one heck of a game. Hate losing Abry Jones, but Garrison really stepped up and played "grown man football". Garrison has a mean streak and if you replay the game, it is evident. Hard to replace folks that fall or fail on the defensive line, Garrison Smith came in played a great game replacing a teammate that had manned the position for a long time.

Not going to go into what everyone in the country knows now or will by Monday. Jarvis Jones, I can't say anymore than has been said. Those are not "funny" or "inflated" numbers showing what he did in the game. Above it all, he is a true gentlemen and shuffles all of the back slaps and high fives to his teammates, he could care less. Might be the single greatest defensive effort I have seen watching UGA football in my lifetime. That is a loooooooong time. Jarvis is not 100% yet, scary, I think so.

Would really like to see Ogletree tighten his game up a bit more. For a lot of linebackers in the country, the game he played yesterday would be a really good game for them. Saw a couple of missed tackles that were simply because he did not wrap up. Other side of the coin, he was flying around all afternoon. When players have the talent that Ogletree has, so much more is expected of them and for good reason. Tree is head and shoulders above 95% of the players in the country that play the same position. If he ever comes close to what his God given talents are, there is no limit.

Jordan Jenkins, glad he is getting a lot of playing time. Grantham apparently knew that Jenkins was needed at UGA. Jarvis had some pretty lofty things to say about Jordan, in my mind, that is high praise coming from a real man.

Really like going back and watching games like this, can stop and look and look again and get a true picture of what is going on.

Just a couple of things that are crossing the gray matter today. Great win, defense finally looked like what most of us expected to see from the beginning. ogredawg said it, I believe it . . . . Ole Miss would love to cause some problems for a top ten rated team.

I did see what happened to Miss State yesterday. Yikes. Saw a quarterback doing his job, look closely AM.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #50146 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Buc, I thought Jordan Jenkins played a great game and created a lot of havoc on the field.....he's going to be a real good one.

Also, did you see Muschamp and Jarvis talking after the game? The camera zeroed in on them.....while they talked, they kept the "hammer handshake" the whole time and you could see Muschamp telling him "great job" and much more for a good while. Really respected that from Muschamp, he didn't have to do that....

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 6 months ago #50147 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
I am very pleased. This was the perfect victory. It accomplished everything that a win over Florida accomplishes, but the way the Dawgs won doesn't help the regime's credibility.

More
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds