Forum

Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

11 years 6 months ago #50126 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

WoodstockDawg wrote: Thanks Buc...

Great Points, and I am with you...

Did like the intensity by the coaches yesterday...

GO DAWGS...

WoodstockDawg, thanks. Thought this clip might be an interesting one to watch.

georgia.scout.com/2/1234198.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #50127 by Buc

sadlerdawg wrote: Is richt going to wait until the offseason to learn how to better motivate the troops, and if so, won't that interfere with his learning of kicking and punting techniques for the special teams?
And if he's doing all this learning, I'd suggest he also learn how to evaluate a quarterback's performance, not his potential. Murray has potential, but the results don't match up to the potential--so, IMO, next man up.

Excellent point you make sadlerdawg. Really liked the Dawg/Gator shot that your son sent you. Think I will cut and paste that one . . . .:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #50128 by Buc

Roaming around the internet, and read where some of the reporters and others were surprised to see Richt showing emotion. Personally, think it proves a point that head coaches and others do read what is being said on many boards. If Richt ever visits this board, he has had a sampling of what is often repeated about his lack of showing emotion. Just a thought . . . . :)
Attachments:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #50129 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Do believe that AM needs to sharpen up, but we did say for several weeks, that UF defense was a good defense. AM made some poor decisions, but he did show up, in the fourth, and played turnover free in the 2nd half.

Do we have someone else to lean on at this point at QB, I don't think so... Not Sure though?!?!

GO DAWGS!!!

More
11 years 6 months ago #50130 by Buc

WoodstockDawg wrote: Do believe that AM needs to sharpen up, but we did say for several weeks, that UF defense was a good defense. AM made some poor decisions, but he did show up, in the fourth, and played turnover free in the 2nd half.

Do we have someone else to lean on at this point at QB, I don't think so... Not Sure though?!?!

GO DAWGS!!!

Appears that someone got AM's ear at halftime WoodstockDawg. Think he sometimes thinks that he is playing against high school caliber players. You are right about playing better in the second half, had me a bit upset in the first half. Still reminds me a lot of a quarterback that once played for the Packers in the NFL.

On another note, hope that yesterdays game moves a certain offensive lineman in his senior year high school to cross the border and wear the Red and Black.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #50131 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
The defense bailed Murray out. I don't know if alot of folks would be as forgiving if the 2 FU field goals that were the result of Murray's INT's went for touchdowns. I'm not saying he shouldn't be the starter--maybe he shouldn't, I don't know--what I'm saying is there is nothing wrong with benching a struggling QB for a series or two in a big game if he needs to re-focus. Maybe his 2nd half surge was a result of him being in the locker room at halftime and not in the game putting pressure on himself. Maybe he would have had a late 2nd quarter surge if he had been sat down and gathered himself. Goes back to coaching (or lack thereof).
Which brings me to my next point. On all 3 of his INT's, we were running the ball effectively. I know the first one only had one run play before the INT, but the other two had several positive run plays, then for whatever reason, start passing, and on the first pass, INT. I know you have to mix it up, but when in the red zone, if they haven't stopped the run, why pass on 1st and second downs?

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds