Forum

Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

11 years 6 months ago #50132 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
sadlerdawg the same discussion came up with the group I was with. Sometimes coaches and players tend to "out think" themselves. Watching #3 run the ball, appears to me that he is growing up. Looking for that opening and then making his move. This young fellow could be and probably will be as awesome on offense as Jarvis is on defense.

Somehow as you are alluding to, someone needs to get AM's attention from the get go. Much like the pro game, hit a couple of flat passes or simple slants and ease into the game plan. He was definitely as was described down my way yesterday, deer caught in the headlights in the first half.

Another point. Down this way the Florida faithful this morning sound a lot like we have this week. They are all over Driskel's butt. From where I sat, our defensive line was doing anything they wanted to against Florida's offensive line. Look that way to you guys?

Florida has another huge hurdle facing them . . . . FSU is a really good football team. They don't like the gators either. Know the the FSU and UF head coaches are friends, but . . . . :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #50133 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

thriller wrote: Don't know if I've ever heard - er, read - so much negativity after beating Florida. I've said before - and many on this board have said it too - if we only win ONE FREAKING GAME, let it be over Florida. And we did.

Did Murray play great? . . . heck no, he stunk. But he won. And it was a big game. And it was a win over a ranked team (number 2 at the time). Winning - in the end, that's the ONLY thing I could give a rats butt about. Winning. There is simply no substitute. Winning makes me happy. The defense gets the credit for this one. That's okay. They owed the offense a big one anyway, and everyone on planet earth knows that. So we are 7-1, as are the Gay-tors, as is LSU. The 'Cocks have 2 losses and almost rang up a third today. They are gone (unless we go back to playing like we did against them, in which case we just did them a big favor).

I would be a whole lot happier if we had beaten Spurrious and his 'Cocks. That loss RUINED our season.

But NOTHING is going to spoil a win over the Gay-tors. I will gloat all week over this one. I'll put the "G" flags on my car for the whole week.

It's DAMN fine to beat the Gay-tors! GO DAWGS!!!!!

:yeah:

No negativity from me. I'm not disgusted, disappointed or anything. I've known all along that if we keep beating UT, Assburn, GT, and hold our own against UF that a coaching
staff I feel has some serious flaws will remain...

I realize full well how bad our QB played as well....

but we just beat UF for the second year in a row...

SC is behind us.. it's over and done..

Celebrate

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
11 years 6 months ago #50135 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

Buc wrote:

WoodstockDawg wrote: Thanks Buc...

Great Points, and I am with you...

Did like the intensity by the coaches yesterday...

GO DAWGS...

WoodstockDawg, thanks. Thought this clip might be an interesting one to watch.

georgia.scout.com/2/1234198.html

Great Video, and very interesting point CTG brought up!!

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #50136 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

sadlerdawg wrote: The defense bailed Murray out. I don't know if alot of folks would be as forgiving if the 2 FU field goals that were the result of Murray's INT's went for touchdowns. I'm not saying he shouldn't be the starter--maybe he shouldn't, I don't know--what I'm saying is there is nothing wrong with benching a struggling QB for a series or two in a big game if he needs to re-focus. Maybe his 2nd half surge was a result of him being in the locker room at halftime and not in the game putting pressure on himself. Maybe he would have had a late 2nd quarter surge if he had been sat down and gathered himself. Goes back to coaching (or lack thereof).
Which brings me to my next point. On all 3 of his INT's, we were running the ball effectively. I know the first one only had one run play before the INT, but the other two had several positive run plays, then for whatever reason, start passing, and on the first pass, INT. I know you have to mix it up, but when in the red zone, if they haven't stopped the run, why pass on 1st and second downs?

Great points, saddlerdawg. I think you are right, just concerns me we have no one battle tested at QB right now behind AM, which is fairly normal at a D1 school. Only person I would trust, I think, is HM, and we are trying to Red Shirt him.

More
11 years 6 months ago #50138 by TampaDawg
Replied by TampaDawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Well I wrote early this week I thought the Dawgs may lose by at least 14 because of the coaching and if the Dawgs win Saturday I would man up and say I was wrong. And boy am I glad I was wrong!!!

The D showed up and the old CTG showed up too YEAAA!!!:woohoo: I’m not happy that Richt got in Todd’s face to cool him off too!:evil:

I think AM was trying to hard to bet FL in the first half, he’s done that every year he’s played them, seems like it to me anyway. JJ and Gurley, what can I say….BOW WOW is what I can say about these two young men!!! And a big WOOT WOOT goes to Shane Williams, and playing lights out is how you back up your talk too!!!

What does this do about Richt and company? Like everyone is saying on here it gives them more time at GA. The Dawgs should win out this year, if they keep playing like they did yesterday (Except for AM in the first half) they will meet up in Atlanta for the SEC championship with Bama. I guess we will see if Richt and company can do their job and coach them up and come with a plan to show how good these players are to everyone!

PS So freaking glad the Dawgs won so my daughter can have bragging rights over her boyfriend since he’s a FL grad. HEHEHEHEHEHE:P

More
11 years 6 months ago #50139 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
AM first 2 INTs came because he tried to force the ball into coverage. The third was just a flat out bad pass. Agree that we were running the ball well and why throw into that type of coverage if you even throw at all. Boils down to coaching again.

We won despite our inept coaching of this talent.

Watch out for Ole Miss.

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds