Forum

Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

11 years 6 months ago #50118 by carolina dawg
Replied by carolina dawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Great game for us but i think am is not the answere for uga he just doesn,t play well under pressure.
The D save our a## tonight who would have thougt.
Still a win lets enjoy it while we can

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #50121 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Don't know if I've ever heard - er, read - so much negativity after beating Florida. I've said before - and many on this board have said it too - if we only win ONE FREAKING GAME, let it be over Florida. And we did.

Did Murray play great? . . . heck no, he stunk. But he won. And it was a big game. And it was a win over a ranked team (number 2 at the time). Winning - in the end, that's the ONLY thing I could give a rats butt about. Winning. There is simply no substitute. Winning makes me happy. The defense gets the credit for this one. That's okay. They owed the offense a big one anyway, and everyone on planet earth knows that. So we are 7-1, as are the Gay-tors, as is LSU. The 'Cocks have 2 losses and almost rang up a third today. They are gone (unless we go back to playing like we did against them, in which case we just did them a big favor).

I would be a whole lot happier if we had beaten Spurrious and his 'Cocks. That loss RUINED our season.

But NOTHING is going to spoil a win over the Gay-tors. I will gloat all week over this one. I'll put the "G" flags on my car for the whole week.

It's DAMN fine to beat the Gay-tors! GO DAWGS!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

More
11 years 6 months ago #50122 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
AM played great when we needed him in the fourth quarter. He looked in a fog in the first half.

Defense came to play. If this defense, and total team intensity had been this way all season, we would be either undefeated, or more respected for our loss against USCjr.

I am never negative about a loss, and I am never as negative as it has been around here the last two or three weeks.
The way the defense has played this season is unexcusable, but they seem to be getting there swagger back.

Now they must FINISH the season out!

GO DAWGS

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #50123 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
This is early Sunday morning, thought I would just have a cool one and let the victory over Florida sink in.

Went back over the entire thread and others and what I read for the most part was a group on this board that not only understands the game, truly care about the Dawgs. Lots of harsh things being said, of which I might be the worst of the bunch, but overall it seems to me that everyone just wants this group of athletes and coaches to play and coach to their potential. That is not too much to ask.

Watched Richt's after game comments. One thing that he said in the presser really caught my attention, other than the usual coach speak. Richt said that he might need to learn how to change his way of motivating his/our team. That is a first as far back as I can remember.

That is not a shot at Richt, all coaches after a game, win or lose have pretty much the same thing to say over and over, regardless of which Saturday and team their team played against. Don't usually see Richt say much about himself, it is usually we will go back and work on some things. Quite frankly, does my heart good to hear those words coming out of his mouth. That at least, in some small way is Richt saying . . . . maybe I can learn a thing or two about motivational speaking, maybe from high pitched guys like Shawn Williams.

Is this an endorsement of Richt, nope, it is just calling it like I see it.

The game yesterday in JAX probably bought Mark Richt and his staff more time than many of us think they should be allowed to serve. Where does that leave me? Can only speak for myself of course, it leaves me where I have always been, wanting my team to win every game they participate in. If Mark Richt is going to be the head coach for a few more years, I along with everyone else don't at this point have much that we can do or say about employment in Athens.

Is Mark Richt capable of totally assessing himself and making necessary changes in the program? I can't answer that, but I can say this . . . . the past several years I have not seen Richt move forward in the self assessment department. That statement again is not being ugly, it is a typical interview that many of us have gone through in our lifetimes and if we could not give the right answers, we sure as hell did not take that next step.

High fives for the way the Kickoff Team did their job. Don't know about you folks, I saw a couple of slobber-knocker hits. From the beginning of the game Georgia played "grown man football". Is that not what any of us have asked? Back to motivational speaking . . . . if Shawn Williams got the Special Teams and the Defense to play like that . . . . I vote for the Shawn Williams method.

We do have a serious problem at quarterback. Think too much has been said too early in AM's career about "potential". I am the single biggest contributor to the AM talk. Don't know or have not met many in my life that know all there is to know about everything. In AM's case, he runs hot and cold. If a team is looking to win a national championship, chances are not good that AM is the quarterback that will get them there. Do I think it is because of his height, nope. His mind and body go "silly" on him at times and I really think he loses contact with where he is and what he should do.

Offensive line. Looked pretty good from where I was sitting in the man cave. Beard had a couple of anxious moments, but just the fact that he was in the game against the gators will only serve him and us well down the road. Will Friend, your offensive line looked like they came to play. Good on you, or Shawn Williams(?) :P

Going to enjoy this win, and will end with this. Jarvis Jones is all that. Richt said in his presser that JJ is still not in top shape, groin and ankle. That being the case, this dude should have been in the cage with lions, and had that happened, JJ would have won. Dawg With Style, you wondered about JJ, you have to be one happy soul today.

Georgia back to back wins over the gators. My, my . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, sadlerdawg, OldSouthDawg, WoodstockDawg, growl, Dawg With Style

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #50124 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Is richt going to wait until the offseason to learn how to better motivate the troops, and if so, won't that interfere with his learning of kicking and punting techniques for the special teams?
And if he's doing all this learning, I'd suggest he also learn how to evaluate a quarterback's performance, not his potential. Murray has potential, but the results don't match up to the potential--so, IMO, next man up.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
11 years 6 months ago #50125 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Thanks Buc...

Great Points, and I am with you...

Did like the intensity by the coaches yesterday...

GO DAWGS...

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds