Forum

UGA-FLA

11 years 6 months ago #49986 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: UGA-FLA
"also, what does Richt do with the person that he would have to release, move them to another area"

Buc, it is my understanding that ST's are coached "collectively" and is not one Head ST's coach, so whoever is replaced goes back to concentrating on their "main" coaching job. I'd venture to say that most programs do it collectively because they can only have so many coaches on staff etc.

Guess even a collection of coaches can't get it done with our ST's. UF is going to eat us alive in that phase of the game....unless we get lucky for one game.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49987 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: UGA-FLA
Since I was recruiting in the Navy(several years ago) we were taught, and I understood, that the recruiting process is only beginning when someone says "Okay I'll go with you guys". The real work comes later in the relationship when the youngster has to "buy in" and keep up their end of the bargain by being productive. It does'nt just happen by magic, yes, they have to be coached the whole time or they go astray. It is never ending during the time they are on the team and someone has dropped the ball at UGA so its time to recover and get things moving forward from Saturday on. GO DAWGS GATA!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #49988 by bulldawg36869
Replied by bulldawg36869 on topic Re: UGA-FLA
Duck wrote :

YES WE ARE 6/1, OTHER TEAMS WOULD BE FRANTIC, BUT AS LAST YEAR, WE HAVE BEAT NO ONE, WE STILL CAN NOT BEAT A TOP 25 TEAM, THIS SUCKS, AND I FOR ONE A SICK OF IT.

Can I get an AMEN !

This is it for me exactly... and not only can we not beat a Top 25 team we usually get embarrassed.

Some are wise and some are otherwise !

More
11 years 6 months ago #49989 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: UGA-FLA

wlayton wrote: "also, what does Richt do with the person that he would have to release, move them to another area"

Buc, it is my understanding that ST's are coached "collectively" and is not one Head ST's coach, so whoever is replaced goes back to concentrating on their "main" coaching job. I'd venture to say that most programs do it collectively because they can only have so many coaches on staff etc.

Guess even a collection of coaches can't get it done with our ST's. UF is going to eat us alive in that phase of the game....unless we get lucky for one game.

wlayton was aware of the what you said above. At one point indications were that Kirk Olivadotti might take a stronger stance.

As you say, even a collection of coaches don't seem to be able to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Apparently Muschamp is spending 25/30 minutes with the Special Teams group 2 or 3 times a week. I call that work ethic, not sure I see that in Athens. Still think that we need someone along the lines of Coach Belin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
11 years 6 months ago #49990 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: UGA-FLA

bulldawg36869 wrote: Duck wrote :

YES WE ARE 6/1, OTHER TEAMS WOULD BE FRANTIC, BUT AS LAST YEAR, WE HAVE BEAT NO ONE, WE STILL CAN NOT BEAT A TOP 25 TEAM, THIS SUCKS, AND I FOR ONE A SICK OF IT.

Can I get an AMEN !

This is it for me exactly... and not only can we not beat a Top 25 team we usually get embarrassed.

36869, hard to argue with facts. duck speaks the truth.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49991 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Re: UGA-FLA
Hmmm.. worried about having to let someone go..

Maybe I can help here...

Start with out TE coach John Lilly - Let Friend coach them as O-line coach and if they
need any receiving help then our receiver coach ball can help them with that aspect.
We use our TE's so rarely these days that it seems to be a waste to have an entire
coach devoted to the position. TE does two things.. block on the line (O-line coach)
and (very occasionally for us) go catch a pass (receivers coach)

Next we could look at Bobo - We've only gotten worse since MR got the free time to
concentrate solely on head coaching (proving a theory I have that the worst thing you
can do is give MR time to think about something
). We were a pretty good O when MR
handled the duties, so let him go back to being HC/OC. We were better overall back then
anyway.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, bulldawg36869, TampaDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds