Forum

UGA-FLA

11 years 6 months ago #49961 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: UGA-FLA
duck, cannot disagree with anything that you just said.

I think most, maybe not all on this board are tired of the BS that we are getting from our leaders or supposed leader.

Have read some comments from those that I actually mix it up with on occasion that have also had a belly full.

Most of us were hoping that . . . . let me say that another way. I was hoping against (odds) I do know and understand (odds) that Mark Richt would or had changed his way of coaching our football team. Mean that, our football team, not Mark Richt's football team, the football team belongs to us. Long after he is gone and myself also, there will be a team that plays between the Hedges, and I hope with more leadership than Mark Richt is providing.

This crap that he is trying to shove down our throats (again) is the same "Party Line" that he has been filling his pockets with. I don't begrude the money, I have a problem with "Snake Oil".

Would cover all bets on this . . . . McGarity releases Mark Richt from his obligations with UGA, he would sign on with another university before a year passed. He is not going to South America or anywhere else, he has in his own mind proven to the college world that he is a head coach.

Mark Richt will never move UGA into the elite circle. Might be in the top five at the beginning of the year, but all any of us have to do is check the standings when the season is over. Have absolute zero faith in Mark Richt ever again. Sipped the "snake oil" this season, but will say this, you wavered duck, the national media positioned Georgia at number five. Some of the supposed brighest are now back tracking.

A win over Florida would mean so much to me and my Dawg friends in Florida and elsewhere, but it will not ever change my feelings for Mark Richt again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49962 by OldSouthDawg
Replied by OldSouthDawg on topic Re: UGA-FLA
My thoughts on this weekend are IDC who is coaching or not. I just want this WIN BADLY!!! and I would hope the TEAM would also. I expect to see these players leave it on the field and if they dont then they must be thinking of thier NFL careers. A real DAWG will give it all they have this weekend. as far as a kicking coach or Spec team coach, I would love to see Kevin Butler get offered the job. He would probably do it for nothing, He is a true DAWG!! anyway GOOO DAWGSSS!!! Time to get Hungry or get OUT!!!! GATA DAWGS!!! there is no tomorrow after this game leave it on the field YALL!!!

Once A DAWG Always A DAWG

More
11 years 6 months ago #49963 by Buc
OSD, had not crossed my mind about Kevin. You are spot on. Apparently Richt had a problem with another UGA successful kicker that wanted to help Blair out when on campus. From what I have been told Richt would not listen to the outside.

OSD . . . . Mark Richt seems to have a problem with folks that played football at Georgia. Names that have been on his staff, or close to his staff. Kirby Smart, Will Muschamp, ex-coach BVG.

Take a look at who he has hired on his staff. Coaches that he could make sure would go along with his program. Those that came later, because of Richt's supposed stubborness could not live with his lack of knowledge. I don't call it being stubborn, I call it lack of knowledge.

We can discuss some that were here and those that were hired on and look at where they are now.

Will take one of Richt's more famous hires. Willie Martinez. Now somebody please tell me why WM became the defensive coordinator at Georgia. Why did it take WM almost taking Mark Richt down before Mark Richt turned the page. I can answer that . . . . 3 or so million dollars a year. Good man. The "Party Line" is that we should remember that Mark Richt is a "good man". McGarity, your time is coming, especially if you are living the "Party Line". Remember what you saw in Gainesville. Think this is going away, will not happen Greg McGarity. You have a "good man" not a college head football coach.

Greg McGarity will give you one thought. Is there anyone in the college coaching ranks that could take the same talent that arrives in Athens, year after year and not win 9 or 10 games a year? If you want to stay silent, we will be looking for your replacement soon enough. If you think that losing Mark Richt will hurt your program recruiting wise, you really do need to find another type of employment. Excuses.

Now we have Will Muschamp and Kirby Smart on a higher step than Mark Richt is located. Was that bad judgment or looking out for your college teammate (WM). Was that bad judgment on Kirby Smart and Will Muschamp, UGA football players, did they not fit your style of play.

Never should we forget that Nick Saban gave Kirby Smart a quick lesson in self preservation. When Kirby Smart departs Tuscaloosa, KS will make more than the FSU grad. Kirby Smart is a Good Man also. Kirby Smart will not return home because of one thing . . . . his school sided with FSU.

Think it was wlayton that said earlier, something to the effect that the walls are crumbling down. Maybe I dreamed that, but the walls are not stable, much like our Head Coach, that goes by the name of Mark Richt . . . . good man.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49964 by OldSouthDawg
Hey Buc, you know I do like and respect CMR, He is a great man, IMO. Iremember CRG and CJD, and CMR got us alot of steps above them. I hope we can beat fla this weekend. If we cant IMO CMR will still be here. So where do we go from here? Al I know is we were on the right track with CMR and BVG together. then &*^%% hit the fan and WM took us down hill fast. I know part was CMR fault for putting him here and keeping him here way to long. just as ray gump should have NEVER been HC here it should have Been ERK. I am really shocked our D is as Flat and non productive as they are this yr. SO I dont have the answers except maybe we should get more DAWGS back here coaching. KS,Kev Butler etc. but honestly CMR will be here IMO as long as he wants. I just wished he would surround himself with TOUGHER MEANER DAWGS!!! He can play good cop but we NEED MORE BAD COPS to kick these players in the AZZZ!!!! GOOO DAWGS!!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
11 years 6 months ago #49965 by OldSouthDawg
And almost fergot, If I did have my choice as AD I would hire David cutcliff and BVG or Dan Mullen and kirby Smart, just IMO since we are kicking around eye deers lol. GO DAWGS!!!

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #49966 by Buc
Said in my last post referring to Richt as a FSU grad. I know of course that he was the second string quarterback graduate at Miami. My bad on schools, dead on with the second string quarterback.

OSD, many have said that Mark Richt can remain as long as he wishes. I am probably in the minority, but the final chapter has not been written on Mark Richt the "pretender" and his UGA involvement.

One thing that I do know. When empty seats start appearing in Sanford Stadium, when the student body does not attend the games, one can bet it will get someones attention. Going to be a tougher sale to some of us older folks that have been around this block before. Worked hard for what I have, would like to see Mark Richt do the same.

Way past my bedtime . . . . hope we let Florida know that we were on the same field with them Saturday. Don't really know why I am so upset, it is just a game . . . . right?

Goodnight folks, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.

Go Dawgs, so much for . . . . Coach'em up,

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds