Forum

UGA-FLA

11 years 5 months ago #49921 by growl
UGA-FLA was created by growl
I spent the better part of a week in FLA. and have come to the conclusion that I don't care how we get it done, just get it done. I gave back as good as I got from them and I'd like for that group of pompous a-holes to have to live with the fact that they got beaten by a group of under coached athletes from UGA that had no chance in their minds. We all know that we have to have a change,it might as well be in attitude first. Somebody has to step up and do something,not just talk about it. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #49922 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: UGA-FLA
growl, your post brings back memories of how folks change in a short amount of time.

The gator supporters were big time down in the face at the end of last season. Started out that way in 2012, they were sure that UGA was going to kick them in JAX. It was difficult getting the gator faithful to do much more than grumble and want Muschamp to leave and go back to Texas.

Did not help that he played football at UGA. The line started out something like this . . . . Muschamp was not good enough to play for the gators, therefore he played for a lesser talent, Georgia. People down here were ready to break out the tar and feathers. They did not like his ranting and raving, not comfortable with his piss and vinegar attitude.

Turn the page, none of that is heard in Florida. Now the ones that wanted to send him packing are once again the Florida faithful. Folks down here expect to win titles, not a lot different than the folks in Alabama.

Jeremy Foley would have turned Muschamp out to pasture if he did not get the football program off and running, not allowing him 11 1/2 years to do so, Foley demanded results right now. Amazing what can be accomplished when there is pressure to make changes and make changes that give meaningful results.

You don't hear Saban talking about winning the SEC West. When he speaks publicly or in private to potential recruits, he talks about the Crystal.

If we can win in JAX, it would have a profound effect not only in Athens, it would drive the gator faithful back to the war path. Lose in JAX, might be a good time for McGarity to call a press conference.

Muschamp/Florida win in JAX, Mark Richt will never be able to get the UGA faithful to back him, regardless of the time he is allowed to stay.

It was said on this board before the season started that if Mark Richt could not lead this group of athletes with our schedule at least to Atlanta . . . . he will find out just how hot a seat can get. I believe that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
11 years 5 months ago #49923 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: UGA-FLA
I got to hand it to you all that live in FLA and support the DAWGS. They'd probably have me in the hoosgaw for fighting with that group. I can't blame 'em for feeling like it's a right of passage to win that ball game since we have'nt given them a reason not to feel that way for the better part of 22 years.

• growl
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #49924 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: UGA-FLA
OK . . . . any Mark Richt supporter on this board please explain the following to me. Before I add the paste must say this.

Watched Mark Richt's press conference and he spent a lot of time telling all of us just how good the coaching is at Florida. One portion of the press conference was about Special Teams.

Folks, in the press conference he said that he "might" spend time learning the kicking and punting fundamentals in the off season. I started to say that I cannot believe he said that, he however did say that. Tells me he is going nowhere anytime soon. Falls squarely on the shoulders of McGarity in my opinion.

Did Mark Richt not say at the end of last season and again at the beginning of this season that he was going to be involved with the Special Teams, or did I just wake up from a bad dream. This cat is rolling in the coin and does not have any reason to leave. President loves him. I think that Mark Richt is lazy and not up on today's brand of football. Every year he remains on campus sets us back at least two or three years after his departure. This dude is not giving up the millions he is making in Athens. Good man.

By Seth Emerson — This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
ATHENS - The problems of Georgia's special teams have once again led to a clamor among the fan base for Mark Richt to hire an assistant coach just for special teams. Don't count on that. But Richt is mulling one change: He might coach the kickers himself. "One thing that I can do as head coach is at least spend time learning the kicking and punting fundamentals well enough to be their coach," Richt said Tuesday during his weekly press conference. "Which right this minute I wouldn’t say that I have enough expertise to do that, but I think this off season it would be wise for me to do something like that because I am freed up enough to do that, and if that’s my contribution to special teams in the future, I think it’d be valuable.”

Keep cranking pal, stuff those pockets full, for most of us know that "we don't have that warrior mentality or the expertise to question your decisions". Never said this before folks, but . . . . Mark Richt, you suck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flyindawg, sadlerdawg, growl, TampaDawg

More
11 years 5 months ago #49925 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: UGA-FLA
No Buc, you were'nt sleeping, everyone here heard that. I read the presser for today also and it was the SOS as always. You said it right MR sucks and he doesn't deserve the to have coach mentioned with his name anymore at UGA!

• growl
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #49926 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic UGA-FLA
Oh man... so funny.

What's he going to do... go take a two week course at the
Pop Warner institute?

That is almost so comical you would think it was a joke.....
ya know... if it wasn't MR saying it.

Sheesh

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds