Forum

More suspensions looming

12 years 2 weeks ago #46492 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: More suspensions looming
There must be something strange in the water at UGA, if this keeps up the team will consist of two fans playing catch. Somebody needs to grab somebody by the scruff of the neck and jerk a knot in somebody elses rear end. Could be another promising season down the drain.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #46493 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: More suspensions looming
Seem to remember a statement by Mark Richt a couple of weeks back that UGA football team does not have discipline problems.

Having thought about the above for a bit, brought me to this . . . . Coach Grantham, these young men play on the defensive side of the ball. Do they not worry about you and your thoughts. You seem to have a tougher front that Richt, but these actions by our defensive players don't seem to reflect that. Just saying . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #46494 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Re: More suspensions looming
Haven't said much on the subject, but figured it is about time. Can blame it on any coach that we want, but simple fact is that is has nothing to do with a coach. Kids are different now. You jerk to hard, and all a kid has to do is leave. Sit out a year, and they will end up playing for another powerhouse. I can handle the mistakes of these kids on the football field, and can even agree at times, maybe it is a coaching flaw. A kid deciding to smoke pot, or drive a car impaired, or whatever their may be is there decision. Has nothing to do with coaching.

What should a coach do? Remember this is the day and age when pushing a kid to hard can result in a law suit. Even dare think of laying your hands on a player, with cameras everywhere, a coach might as well resign right after they do it. You could dismiss them from the team to make a point. Well, nevermind that doesn't work, look who is going to be the starting QB at lsu next year.

Shame on the kids, not the coaches. They are coaches not baby-sitters. Only problem I see with coaching is I wish we had enough depth were we could just dismiss them and move on.

This is society's problem in my opinion. Coaches can't do exactly what they need to because making a point and risking losing will result in being fired. Letting the back on and winning, all is forgotten. Simple fact. Fans complain about it, but fans are the reason it is happening IMO.

GO DAWGS. One very disappointed Dawg here.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #46495 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: More suspensions looming
Remember this quote from Rambo . . .

"Our coaches, they're brilliant at this stuff," Rambo said. "They'll come up with the right guys for the right positions to make plays and help out the secondary. They see that we don't have that much depth in the secondary, so they'll handle that."

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #46496 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: More suspensions looming
Open Records Law in the state of Georgia.

It is my understanding that the state of Georgia has this law where many states don't, which can make UGA look worse than most schools. All AJC has to do is request any and all information about anything they suspect or hear going on at UGA and the school HAS to accomodate them with all the facts (can't hold back info). Many schools don't have that media problem (again, my understanding of what I've been told) and I don't know if or how many other states have it or enforce it as Georgia does.

This is going on everywhere, in all programs, not just in Athens. That is what kids are doing nowadays....smoking pot where we use to drink beer. We would LIKE to think the players would think more about their own families, teammates, school and coaches but most 18-21 year old kids are just that....kids....selfish kids for the most part.

Coaches everywhere can discipline to the max but believe it is still going to go on happening.....it's what most kids do today. You can hand out severe discipline and hope it deters to some degree but the coaches can't be with and/or monitor them 24/7. Kids have to take responsibility for themselves and many don't....sad but true. Btw....also goes on in many areas of society today....and worse.

Open Records Law.....puts it all in neon lights for everyone to see.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #46497 by DawgnLA
Replied by DawgnLA on topic Re: More suspensions looming
Buc,

I remember saying the same thing last year about not seeing many defensive players getting into the dawghouse. Gave CTG praise for the mean streak he possesses and kids on that side of the ball fearing what is in store for them.

I think this goes to show that like wlayton and and alldawgs stated, coaches can only do so much. UGA, KY and Vandy have the strictest policies on discipline, especially in drug related issues.

These are second offenses by both Tree and Rambo. Thinking we will probably see 2 games for Tree and 4 for Rambo if this is indeed a second drug related suspension. One more and he is dismissed. Such a damn shame. Folks in Mizzou have to be licking their chops right now!

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds