Forum

More suspensions looming

12 years 3 weeks ago #46498 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: More suspensions looming
As fans we cannot control what other states do. Can't really control what the State of Georgia does. One would hope that a Senior, speaking specifically about Rambo, while he is talking the talk, he is not walking the walk. My guess is that Coach Grantham will do more than chew Rambo out, would not be surprised to see him walking the sidelines at best.

No excuse for what is going on in Athens. Will say again, Mark Richt recently said that there was not a discipline problem with UGA football. What is that old saying . . . if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it must be . . . . a duck. Sorry, whether it is the coaches or players fault, McGarity needs to take a real close look at both. This seems to be getting to a point where it is habit forming.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #46499 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: More suspensions looming

DawgnLA wrote: Buc,

I remember saying the same thing last year about not seeing many defensive players getting into the dawghouse. Gave CTG praise for the mean streak he possesses and kids on that side of the ball fearing what is in store for them.

I think this goes to show that like wlayton and and alldawgs stated, coaches can only do so much. UGA, KY and Vandy have the strictest policies on discipline, especially in drug related issues.

These are second offenses by both Tree and Rambo. Thinking we will probably see 2 games for Tree and 4 for Rambo if this is indeed a second drug related suspension. One more and he is dismissed. Such a damn shame. Folks in Mizzou have to be licking their chops right now!

D LA.....believe you are right about the games suspended for both.

Mizzou is going to spread the field with WR's and throw it all over the yard......they may tell their RB's to not even dress out......we are in trouble.

PVBDAWG

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #46500 by born2bAdawg
Replied by born2bAdawg on topic Re: More suspensions looming
Rambo is suspended for four games, per my VIP site. No announcement on tree yet. Boys have everything they want, but try to throw it away for a high...speechless

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Plain and simple for 2011...WIN

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #46501 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: More suspensions looming
Pier pressure overides good coaching, respect,and even self preservation a lot of times, and it seems the harder you or I try the harder it gets to get a point across. I would hate to have to deal with coaching these days, the problems seem to be almost insurmountable, especially when the ones you think are past the trouble become the ones in trouble. I wish I had an answer for you,but,keeping your hands on 'em 24 hours a day isnt't it.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #46502 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: More suspensions looming

stanger wrote: Southernlover where did you find out the info on it being drug related? I can't find it anywhere online.

Stanger, for what it's worth I followed up and asked the question of Fletcher Page. He replied that he has multiple sources that confirmed.

• southernlover
  • southernlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #46503 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: More suspensions looming
Agree Buc....just trying to point out that states with this law can potentially expose and magnify the school's problems more so than states without that law. Imo, all schools athletic departments have this problem but many aren't put in neon lights.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds