How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 11 months ago #46511 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: More suspensions looming
Totally with ya Buc......problem is, how do you stop it? Don't believe you can realistically......it's here to stay and the coaches/adm certainly have their hands full.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 11 months ago #46512 by stanger
Replied by stanger on topic Re: More suspensions looming
"The rising senior also is considering entering the NFL supplemental draft."

Dumbest move he could make.

I was out with him one night in Atlanta. There was some players smoking but he was not one. Matter of fact the ones smoking have never been in trouble guess their just lucky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #46513 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Re: More suspensions looming
My point exactly Wlayton. You kick the kids off the team, they just end up playing for one of your rivals. Problem goes a lot deeper than Mac, CMR, CTG, and whoever. Would love to give Mac some credit, but to me, he is just as guilty as CMR if we are going to start playing blame game. I will say this. There are more post critizing coaches than there are criticizing the players actions.

Thought I remember him stating that he scheduled a conference for all student athletes about circumstances like this. They are all working together on this. Mac included. He has the authority to step in whenever he wants. AD's are one of the final signatures on scholarship papers. I think he realizes there is only so much a coach can do.

Definitely a situation I wouldn't want to be in.

GO DAWGS

More
11 years 11 months ago #46514 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: More suspensions looming
Hey AD5.....my stomach may could take it if they were to pay me $3 million/year....could buy a lot of Rolaids.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #46515 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: More suspensions looming

wlayton wrote: Totally with ya Buc......problem is, how do you stop it? Don't believe you can realistically......it's here to stay and the coaches/adm certainly have their hands full.

wlayton, guess that is a good reason for old farts like me to read and not post. Guess this is where American Football is this day and time.

So, if this is to be expected of our incoming football youth on scholarship, maybe all rules need to be relaxed. Allow these young men to "burn one" in the dorm as long as they can get through school work, keep the grades up and keep Sanford Stadium full of paying fans. That should take the pressure off of administration and coaches. Coffers are full, players are "happy" and coaches need not worry when recruiting.

So, if we are going to allow the players and probably some coaches this relaxation of the rules, why not allow the fans to do the same without any restrictions inside the stadium. Feel the urge in whatever section, nothing like a dooby to kick it back and relax. Problem at this point is that it is illegal.

You and I are on the same page with the current situation . . . . if we can't field a football team realistically without dropping some of the rules, then not only are the coaches hands tied, they can never realistically get away from the same problem that is here to stay. That leaves us with a lot of headlines from many publications that claim to be lilly white and pure, and having been in the publishing business for many, many years, know that they are hypocrits.

Just saying as I have mentioned a time or two, this game is not the 1950's game. It is not about drinking beer underage, has moved light years beyond that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, AllDawgs5

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds