Forum

CMR's email?

17 years 5 months ago #1612 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: CMR's email?
Man, why doesn't the fans just lighten up !! Have you forgotten we have been in the SEC championship game 3 out of last 6 years and have won 2 CHAMPIONSHIPS !! A bad season and we are all turning into hypocrites !! A year ago we all were WORRIED that Mark would go back to FSU or Miami, now some wiish he would. It's all rediculous. Bottom line, if you think you can coach better than Mark, you are sadly mistaken.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #1613 by paramedic06997
Replied by paramedic06997 on topic Re: CMR's email?
I don't think anyone wants to see CMR leave. We just want to see things get better. You wonder when we fans see things while watching a game and wonder why the highly paid coaches don't. For example: I watched the corners of Louiville blitz every 2nd or 3rd play against WV to stop the run. Not once did I see WV audible during these obvious blitzes to a quick pass to the wr that were left wide open in the flats to slow down these blitzes. If I guess Ga's play calling you know other coordinators can too.

• paramedic06997
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1614 by wlayton
Then it's obviously all about execution because in Dooley's day, they only had 3 plays and you know what they were.....Herschel left,right, and up the middle. So I guess you can be very successful if you can execute perfectly even though the other coaches and the fans know what plays you are going to run.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #1617 by duck
Replied by duck on topic Re: CMR's email?
wlayton, i by no means want cmr to leave, i think he is a wonderful man, but it seem like he has gone back to coaching as he did his first year. his play calling as been not to creative. i do realize that we have freshman qb's and this is a learning process for them. my problem is that we are not rebuilding, we should be reloading and replacing quality players with quality players. at the start of the season we were touted as having the 3 best backs in the nation. we have a hugh offenceive line great receivers and so on. i guess i am shocked or disappointed that the team has not performed very well. i try to tell my self look at tenn last year they were preseason top 5 had a losing record as well as the year auburn was picked no 1 preseason and finished 7/4. i know things have not bounced our way this year. it seems like every fumble is lost, blocked kicks, we lose our all american field goal kicker. i don't ever mean to say i am a better coach, i am 54 years old been a ga fan for my entire life. i have never been and will never be a band wagon fan that love the dawgs only when they are winning. i fly my flags to the games and i fly them on the way home win or lose. i have been on this site off aand on for several years and love the chats with fellow dawg fans.

dawgs forever

duck

More
17 years 5 months ago #1618 by wlayton
duck, I totally agree with you that we should be reloading every year like FSU use to do when Mark was there. I'm just tired of fans blasting Mark when he's probably forgotten more football than we all collectively have ever known. Unfortunately I don't feel that's the case this year at all (reloading that is). Yes, the offensive line IS big but marginal at best (and may be worse next year) and the wide receivers are VERY marginal that would not even get any playing time at LSU, UF, UT, or AU (maybe even at Vandy and UK). There have been many times our great offensive line have allowed defenses to come through absolutely untouched and just about killed Stafford (did you see the picture of his face from a shot he took at UK?) and Lumpkin several times. That being said, it's probably not an easy task to be calling plays with those weaknesses at receiver and OL with the good and aggressive defenses in the SEC. Bottom line....I'm in your corner but the reloading isn't completely there yet and there are many holes that need filling. Side note: WHY can't UGA get big time receivers as well as those programs mentioned above? You would think we could get SOME big time receivers the way we throw the ball around. Man, UF uses their receivers as running backs half the time, just don't get it why a stud receiver would want to go to that offense at UF versus a pro style offense at UGA, geez.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #1619 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: CMR's email?
Dooley had more teams than just those 3 years of Herschel right, left, and up the middle, and he had his bad years, too, but is considered a saint among the UGA faithful. The reason why is because he never had more than 1 bad year before the program turned around. Every coaching staff has a bad year once in a while. CMR needs an offensive cordinator, and we need a new defensive cordinator. Yes, it is a pain to lose and be jeered at by friends and co-workers, but it will turn around. CMR isn't going to Miami or to anywhere else just yet. Judging by the way the university deals with coaches, he would have to have 3 or 4 bad years in a row to get fired.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds