Forum

RECRUITING

8 years 2 months ago #72743 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic RECRUITING
See where KS picked Saban's pocket and got WR Simmons to change from BAMA to the Dawgs. (sorry if this has already been posted)

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #72744 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic RECRUITING

wlayton wrote: See where KS picked Saban's pocket and got WR Simmons to change from BAMA to the Dawgs. (sorry if this has already been posted)

wlayton listened to Nick Saban this morning and he is aware of Kirby Smart and Jim McElwain for sure.

Another group of figures that caught my attention . . . . SEC has double the amount of nationally rated 300 players compared to second place Big 10? signed thus far in 2016.

Hard to argue with which conference has the most talent. Makes it much tougher in the way the Final Four is set up. Too many talented SEC teams facing each other. Would like to see the Final Four changed to another "number".

Ole Miss looking real strong.

Still comes down to coaching.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72745 by Buc
averagedawg, your wish and football knowledge is showing itself from the short time Coach Smart has settled in Athens.

Can only imagine what the 2017 recruiting list will look like. Names that Smart was recruiting while still in Tuscaloosa, will now be approached by the UGA head coach and staff.

As good as SEC football has been, it is getting stronger. Glad that we are ready to compete on a "higher level" than a while back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72746 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic RECRUITING

Buc wrote:

wlayton wrote: See where KS picked Saban's pocket and got WR Simmons to change from BAMA to the Dawgs. (sorry if this has already been posted)

wlayton listened to Nick Saban this morning and he is aware of Kirby Smart and Jim McElwain for sure.

Another group of figures that caught my attention . . . . SEC has double the amount of nationally rated 300 players compared to second place Big 10? signed thus far in 2016.

Hard to argue with which conference has the most talent. Makes it much tougher in the way the Final Four is set up. Too many talented SEC teams facing each other. Would like to see the Final Four changed to another "number".

Buc, Ole Miss is so shady it's unbelievable. An investigation into the football program has started. Dirt will be found, just a matter of time.

Sure you know the Tunsil story how all of a sudden his girlfriend got a full ride and his mother employment in Oxford (what I was told anyway).

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 2 months ago #72747 by Buc

wlayton wrote:

Buc wrote:

Buc, Ole Miss is so shady it's unbelievable. An investigation into the football program has started. Dirt will be found, just a matter of time.

Sure you know the Tunsil story how all of a sudden his girlfriend got a full ride and his mother employment in Oxford (what I was told anyway).

You are spot on.

On the Tunsil thing wlayton, at this point satisfies me that he chose Ole Miss.

See where the NCAA is making "noise" about Ole Miss girls basketball and the football team. I have a problem when the NCAA involved, they seem to trip over their feet.

Lots of talk about Brown, would love to have him, being honest, Price has my focus at this point. I believe he will be our next left tackle. Crossing my fingers again. :)

Coach Smart said this, put a smile on my face.

On sleepers to look for among the less heralded recruits: “That’s a hard question because I don’t even know who the 4- and 5-stars are. I try not to look at it so I don’t see it that way, from that perspective. I see each guy on an individual basis and see the quality of player he is. Fortunately I’ve been able to watch all these kids. I think there are a lot of kids who maybe commit early and don’t get as much hype. I’ve actually found that kids that commit early a lot of times end up helping more because their focus is on what do I have to do to get better, to grow, instead of focusing on the process of recruiting and all the media hype.”

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72748 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic RECRUITING
Brown to Auburn.
Probably got an offer he couldn't refuse.

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds