Forum

RECRUITING

8 years 2 months ago #72761 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic RECRUITING
sadlerdawg one thing for sure. With speed in the receiver position, takes some of the heat off of the offensive line. Just a second thought.

I believe this . . . .

Anyone that wants to be or is realistic has to recognize that Alabama again finished high with recruits in 2016. Alabama is set for at least three maybe four years ahead.

Coach Smart understands that "catching up" is much easier said than done. There is little doubt that I have great love for Georgia. Lot of history with the University of Georgia in my background. I consider that to be a privilege and honor.

Saying that, I have put my bag of marbles in Coach Smart's circle. Think that I know a little bit about football, played and coached, have mentioned that before. Many on this board have played and probably coached at some level.

I am back to "stability". sadlerdawg in your profession you have to believe in and trust those that you work with.

This in my mind explains the trust that coaches have in Nick Saban. Jeremy Pruitt left Bama, latched on with FSU, left there and made probably the single largest mistake of his career . . . . signed on with someone that still does not understand how to run the entire program of football. Returns to Bama when Saban called. No problems with Pruitt leaving the Bama program before, Nick Saban understands exactly what it takes to continue winning football games.

If I was hard pressed to say what chance do we (UGA) have of competing with the likes of Alabama, my answer as of right now, three years. Why? Said before, Saban has the program secure for at least three years. Again why? Nick Saban runs the football program in Tuscaloosa. Presidents and Athletic Directors and State Senators and Governors do not get in his way. Why? He wins. Why? He understands.

Much more needs to be done in Athens. I believe Coach Smart was "only" the first step. Other steps have to be made, and quite frankly I am not one that believes the right folks are in place to make the next step. Coach Smart will not be silent. He will do it just like Coach Saban has done . . . . on the field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72763 by Buc
There is some chatter about Georgia bringing a dual threat quarterback on board. Right now the noise level is not high, but . . . . anyone recognize the name Deshaun Watson? Alabama football certainly recognizes the name.

There is a player signed in the 2016 Class that is coming to Athens. Just how far does anyone have to look?

Yes I know that we have Jacob Eason, good thing. Just reliving the National Championship game between Alabama and Clemson. Yes, Clemson, under our previous head coach, could not win the East Side of the SEC. Like it or not, it is the TRUTH.

Yes, speed kills.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72764 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic RECRUITING
Rain has cleared out..sun is out...

Spent a great deal of time in my working career around

18 wheelers. Most had Fuller transmissions....late at night

Hearing them pull out onto the interstate... Work the

Box snatching gears....keeping the revs up...sweet

Sound....pro never touched the clutch..... Heard

The same sound out of the BM bldg late last night

Coaches up shifting toward spring practice....

Trust me....things are different....here in the Classic City

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 2 months ago #72765 by growl
Replied by growl on topic RECRUITING
The more we see and hear about MH it becomes clear why he is such a great addition to this football program Buc. Glad to see that we don't have to defend him, and he plays defense to boot. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72766 by Buc

growl wrote: The more we see and hear about MH it becomes clear why he is such a great addition to this football program Buc. Glad to see that we don't have to defend him, and he plays defense to boot. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

Don't know if you have watched this video growl, but it is a testimony to both of these young men. Looking for one more signature.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72767 by growl
Replied by growl on topic RECRUITING
That's what I'm talking about, yessiree!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds