Forum

RECRUITING

8 years 2 months ago #72774 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic RECRUITING
Might be that some have not watched this video.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72775 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic RECRUITING
Did anyone notice that when Kirby was talking about the recruits, he referred to the recruits by name, but when he talked about Eason in that class of recruits, he called him "our quarterback" and "the quarterback."

I have no doubt and never have had any doubt that there is no QB competition here. There might be an appearance of a contest just to keep things appearing fair, but Eason is exactly what Kirby called him: our quarterback. I am willing to take correction on this if you guys think I'm reading too much into this, but I don't think I am. There's been some speculation from some folks on other forums and round about that I talk to who think UGA will redshirt Eason. Not a chance. Ain't gonna happen. I fully expect us to start Eason as a true freshman, let him take his lumps and mature, and get going out of the gate right now.

I cannot express how refreshing it is to hear our coach address questions and give direct, knowledgeable, and even at times, self-critical answers. This man knows football, and listening to him talk, like a surgeon, he has his hands right on the areas that need fixin'.

Very excited. Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72776 by Buc
SouthernDawg, allow me this. First off you are spot on about Eason.

Coach Smart will pull zero punches. Good on you for several comments you made in your post. If Jacob is ready, Kirby Smart will not hesitate to start Eason.

In the video Coach Smart makes it known that he and Jim Chaney will make that decision. Actually Kirby makes it crystal clear that Coach Chaney will be the "force" behind Jacob Eason.

yankeedawg1 posted that Jacob Eason had added some muscle, no way he is adding the "bad stuff", too much at stake for this young man and the team.

Here is where I am at with quarterbacks. Those that remained on campus have had every opportunity to improve their stance. Read where all of the quarterbacks are getting along, anyone that buys into the competition that will happen in the Spring as being so-so, no way. If these guys are worth their salt, they will step up, and . . . .

The flight that Coach Smart made to Washington State was not covering up what he wants and expects. Coach Smart was on a mission while still involved in his Alabama coaching job as will be shown in the video below. The defense during scrimmages will put the heat on Jacob Eason, and that is what Jim Chaney wants and expects. Red Shirt, never happen. Agree with what you said, no way. Why?

Can't explain this other than reading and watching a lot of "stuff". Coach Chaney will develop this young man, and others that "surround" him.

kentdaddy said it well . . . So excited.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72778 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic RECRUITING

SouthernDawg wrote: Wanted to comment but have been tied up all day.

As per usual, AJC's writers are saying how CKS did no better than the former coach would have done. Already implying that Sam Pittman's recruiting skills don't match his salary.

Ah....

So the new narrative is that he CKS had to recruit better than MR?

Now call me crazy, but I could have sworn the story was he wasn't going to recruit as well as Mark Richt

Well... from where I stand... equal recruiting + better coaching = better results

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg

More
8 years 2 months ago #72779 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic RECRUITING
I thought this was a good article...

www.tomahawknation.com/2016/2/4/10908786...s-florida-recruiting

"its not about the x's and o's, its about the Jimmy's and the Joe's"

I thought uga did pretty good with a new coach. To win big, you got to get more 4 and 5 stars.

More
8 years 2 months ago #72780 by Buc
Coach Smart made it clear at his press conference that he is willing to do what it takes to win.

The "U" has lost a quarterback that could conceivably end up in Athens, even though we have Jacob Eason on board.

The head coach at the "U" does not like for his quarterback to move out of the pocket. What that head coach did not understand was a need for offensive linemen to protect the quarterback.

Comes down to an old dog not willing to change or learn new tricks. Have thought for many years that our previous head coach never really understood the playbook. Have my eyes on the "U" and what happens in South Florida.

Coach Coley understands offensive football, he is going to be a plus for our football team. Coley recruited the young man in the video below while coaching in Miami.

Would bet the farm on our receiving corps making huge plays under James Coley's tutoring. Another solid hire by Coach Smart.

www.hudl.com/athlete/3293951/highlights/319252377/v3
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds