Forum

RECRUITING

8 years 2 months ago #72749 by growl
Replied by growl on topic RECRUITING
Disappointed with OT outcome, but overall recruiting was OK, must be something we're not hitting the point on these linemen. Hope it's figured out soon.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #72750 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic RECRUITING

growl wrote: Disappointed with OT outcome, but overall recruiting was OK, must be something we're not hitting the point on these linemen. Hope it's figured out soon.

growl, more disappointed with not signing Price than Brown.

First time around for Smart and Company, now we can watch real coaching take place.

Coach Smart in my way of thinking did a great job for the short amount of time he had to spend with the Red and Black.

Like the way the coaches contracts are set up. Time now to go to work and correct some of our past mistakes. That will happen.

High fives to the young men that chose UGA. Will get better without a doubt, finally have "direction".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72751 by growl
Right Buc, really wanted to see one of the two play for the Red and Black. Did well in most other areas, CKS is going to be great for UGA, I just have the feeling that someone dropped the ball with Price.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72752 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic RECRUITING
Chief Growl, believe most of us knew that this was a starting point for the "new coaches".

You know how that works. Running the show, you have a roll over and in come guys from "A" school or "OJT" folks, actually means starting over.

After every year when recruiting is over, there are players "out there" that coaches are aware of. Some of the players out there don't have the star status, but that does not always mean "anything".

Example of that is Kindley, actually signed on at the last minute. I fully expect to see one or two offensive linemen offered that our offensive coaches are aware of that were not played up in the media. Would not be the first time, nor will it be the last.

Time now to see just where the new regime can and will take us. Kirby Smart knew that he was not going to arrive in Athens and be on the same level as the team he worked for under Nick Saban.

I would bet this.

After this group of coaches have been in the Classic City for two/three years, Georgia will be in a different place than many of us have seen before.

Pass this along. Coach James Coley is going to be a "star" before all is said and done. Folks in South Florida speak about Coley the same way some of us speak about Coach Smart. Will have more about that later on. Just trust that Smart knew what he was doing when hiring Coley.

Not like we have an empty basket in Athens, we also do not have the "depth" that Alabama has. That takes work and Kirby Smart and those on his staff understand work.

2016 will be a season that I will pay close attention to.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72753 by growl
I was hoping to hear what you said in paragraphs two and three above Buc, along with Juco transfers maybe things will hit on point.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72754 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic RECRUITING
I'm with you on Price, Buc...

That's one I really wanted. Still... finished with the #7 class according to 247sport... not bad for a school that was paralyzed in fear that recruiting would in the crapper if we had a regime change.

wlayton... it's more than just wild speculation about Ole Miss.. shenanigans be happening over there and that's coming from a lot of sources.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds