Forum

RECRUITING

8 years 2 months ago #72779 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic RECRUITING
I thought this was a good article...

www.tomahawknation.com/2016/2/4/10908786...s-florida-recruiting

"its not about the x's and o's, its about the Jimmy's and the Joe's"

I thought uga did pretty good with a new coach. To win big, you got to get more 4 and 5 stars.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #72780 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic RECRUITING
Coach Smart made it clear at his press conference that he is willing to do what it takes to win.

The "U" has lost a quarterback that could conceivably end up in Athens, even though we have Jacob Eason on board.

The head coach at the "U" does not like for his quarterback to move out of the pocket. What that head coach did not understand was a need for offensive linemen to protect the quarterback.

Comes down to an old dog not willing to change or learn new tricks. Have thought for many years that our previous head coach never really understood the playbook. Have my eyes on the "U" and what happens in South Florida.

Coach Coley understands offensive football, he is going to be a plus for our football team. Coley recruited the young man in the video below while coaching in Miami.

Would bet the farm on our receiving corps making huge plays under James Coley's tutoring. Another solid hire by Coach Smart.

www.hudl.com/athlete/3293951/highlights/319252377/v3
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72781 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic RECRUITING
If I was recruiting against Florida, id keep a video of Mac cussing out Kelvin Taylor in front of the world handy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 2 months ago #72782 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic RECRUITING
Buc, same thoughts about the old HC playbook.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

8 years 2 months ago #72785 by Buc
stevedawg, it was bothersome to many on this board, knowing we were basically "trapped".

Under the previous head coach, press conferences were "scripted". One of the "tricks" under the "others" was opening the presser with the head coach reading BS stats that meant absolutely nothing for at least half of the press conference.

Coach Smart will be a stand up coach, will answer "reasonable" questions, foolish ones, not.

Posted in yd1's BPS an article written by Bill King. Have to admit that it gives me a certain amount of "satisfaction". Dawgs.com has many members that not only understand the game, they are stand up guys. Proud to be a part of this group.

Appears to me that what was once cited as a 50/50 fan base for the previous head coach has tilted in the direction of "knowledge". Would put that stat at 75/25 pro coaching change at this point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72792 by Buc
Posting this now because . . . . I believe that the new group of coaches in Athens are focused, working together as a "Team". A word that has been used on this board over and over . . . . "Team".

Netori Johnson will decide "again" sometime between now and 2017 LOI Day.

What this says to me is . . . . The word is out and it is a known "FACT" that Georgia wants huge offensive linemen.

If we had not changed head coaches, this post would not be happening.

Whether or not we (UGA) sign Netori Johnson, I do know this . . . . we are on the list of teams that he has interest in.

www.seccountry.com/alabama/breaking-four...commits-from-alabama

Worth a look . . . .

www.hudl.com/athlete/2008346/highlights/302395462/v3

There is so much more for me to believe will change for the better with the change in coaches. Spit, we have been lost for at "least" 6/7 years.

Loving the "Bleeding Heart" volume falling on the matter of a "good man". We have a "good man" that is also a SEC Football Head Coach that UGA needed. Sorry Gamecocks.

Stay on your toes Greg McGarity, doubt not that there are many eyes on you. Some, now many more are watching you. There is good reason for that.

EDIT: A man of this size that can run a 5.3 forty? Think about that, I have. Offensive lineman as big as Netori don't do that . . . . Do they?

Anyone questioning Coach Smart's reasoning for hiring Sam Pittman? This young man alone should erase any and all doubts, much like the late signing of OL Solomon Kindley 6-5 - 345 lbs.

Pattern is set. I like it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds