Forum

Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #71344 by Buc
yankeedawg1, I did a lot of reflecting after reading the article. Coach was in agreement with 90% or better that post here, his comments held my attention for sure.

Went back and read the article a second time. I find out by doing that I come up with thoughts that I did not have reading the article first time around.

Goes to show that there are a lot of folks "outside the UGA Arena" that have a firm grip on football knowledge.

Leadership has been discussed on Dawgs.com for many years, did not start with the article listed and what the Coach said.

Anyone watching the press conference with Richt/McGairty notice that every time Richt looked at McGarity, McGarity turned his head away? Being picky Buc? Nope, when I am speaking to someone or listening to someone, never, ever do I not look face to face, eye balls to eye balls. Have absolute zero belief that McGarity is the right Athletic Director for Georgia. He is a hired gun for Mahogany Row.

Also notice that Coach said in the article that Richt returns phone calls and texts . . . . McGarity has said openly that is not his policy. That tips me off to a person with a closed mind. Bet sadlerdawg could give some lessons on eye to eye, face to face.

Will go back and read the article again. So much more there than much of what we get from those that have had "reserved seats" in Butts-Mehre. yd1, this article gets filed for sure.

Welcome home Kirby Smart. If you have a chance at some point, you might gain something from reading the article also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 4 months ago #71346 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Mid week and this Weeks BPS will be jammed..

Yes welcome CKS. Now go make waves and

Get us over our funk..... Fear UGA X.

Always...you want to change the conversation do it

On the field by winning...we have added a new voice..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

More
8 years 4 months ago #71347 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
It's difficult right now to separate the wheat from the chaff.
It will all shake out soon.

Agreed, the problem is McGarity.
Thin skin, fat head, reacts, poor mgmt skills.
Hates Pruett.

Kirby will not play the game of appeasement.
He is coming here to win championships.
Period.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 4 months ago #71349 by Buc

averagedawg wrote: It's difficult right now to separate the wheat from the chaff.
It will all shake out soon.

Agreed, the problem is McGarity.
Thin skin, fat head, reacts, poor mgmt skills.
Hates Pruett.

Kirby will not play the game of appeasement.
He is coming here to win championships.
Period.

Anyone spending that much time with Nick Saban is definitely a "free thinker". Has to be a lot emotion in Tuscaloosa at this point. Time for the Tide to Roll over the gators. Looking forward to the game on Saturday.

Another of Nick Saban's pupils will be on the far side line. Jim McElwain. Something to this Nick Saban Tree Thingy? I think so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 4 months ago #71350 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Buc, For all the talk from 'Bama fans that it's Saban's defense, they won't miss a beat, etc.
There strength is the d and it is Smart's defense.

Saban knows there are challenges ahead.
Alabama will suffer and their intelligent fans know it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 4 months ago #71351 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Monday - Adjustment Time in the Classic City
Let me be the first to say I had never heard a KS interview. Until this morning. Our local radio station had him in studio the week of the UGA game. They replayed it this morning.

My thoughts.

1. I want to run through a brick wall for him. The only thing I can compare it to is when Pollack was a player and he was interviewed. The same kind of up tempo, full speed ahead personality.

2. Truthful answers (Hear that McGarity???????????????): They asked him when he knew he was in for a long night in that Ohio State game. He said even when Bama was up 21-6, he knew it wasn't good. He admitted they had no idea the 3rd stringer could run like that.

3. ******(Here is an answer I loved to hear: "During our exit interviews, I asked our senior defensive players what the coaches could have done differently before the Ohio State game. and to a man they said they took the 3rd string quarter back lightly".) Tells me a lot. Smart was not afraid to admit on radio that the coaches did not get the players mentally prepared and scared of the QB.

4. KS also said within 2 hours of the Ohio state game, he was on the phone with Tom Herman and wanted to know what Bama's weaknesses were!!!! KS didn't even allow the man time to enjoy his victory:)

5. I think this is telling also: He also said under Nick Saban "The coaching staff always felt like it was 4th and 1"........meaning they were always on their toes. He said that all the coaches were always stayed on by Saban during recruiting. Saban was never happy with reruiting, he always acted like if the coaches didn't get out there and recruit harder they would lose players.......I THINK THAT SAME TYPE OF URGENCY WILL BE HEADING TO ATHENS NEXT WEEK, We now have a coaching staff of a bunch of late 30's, early 40's coaches with energy.

6. KS also was honest and admitted he followed all the "recruiting experts" because he felt he gained a lot of insight into the thinking of many recruits!!! Imagine that!!! Using any means necessary to get a leg up. Don't you get the feeling that in the CMR regime, those "recruiting experts" were looked down on?????

Guys, IF Smart is the real thing, then a sleeping giant has been awakened in Athens. I remember many years ago a young, brash, cocky ball coach left Duke and went "home" to the Gators. A sleeping giant was awakened in Gainesville, Fla.

If history has repeated itself here, then we are looking at several trips to the final 4 over the next decade, and potentially 1-2 titles. I expect to at least be in the SEC title game 5-6 times over the next decade. Of course, there will be a year with tons of injuries, bad luck, tough schedule, etc. But all in all, we should never be out of the SEC east race by Halloween.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds