Forum

MONDAY . . . . Questions????

8 years 5 months ago #70900 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70902 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
The chatter from Tuscaloosa is that Kirby will take a hc job somewhere and Saban will probably hire Pruett.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70903 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????

Wartdawg wrote: The young man has been playing football all his life and has probably dreamed of being an NFL player since he was 6 years old.

People that play sports at a high level don't just give up dreams like that if they still think they can do it.

My advice would be to go for it, and do it now. There's no since in having that dream taken away from you because you tear your knee up again getting 3 carries in mop-up duty for Mark Richt against Nicholls State next season.

He was a 5 star recruit out of high school, and if he's healthy there's no reason not to go for it. If he's healthy there is no reason to not see him making it, and if he's not at least he gave it a try and not live the rest of his life wondering "if". We will never know if he was back to 100%... didn't get a chance to show us here.

(and NO, I do not believe that Richt not giving him a chance to prove it means he wasn't back to 100%. MR has questionable motives with some of his personnel decisions)

Don't know about his minimal play in prior games but didn't play last week because he hurt his ankle in the UK game.

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 5 months ago #70904 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
I'm talking about the prior games mainly.

It's pretty obvious he was 4th on the depth chart before the Chubb injury, and just wasn't going to get any significant PT here even after Nick went down.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
8 years 5 months ago #70905 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????

averagedawg wrote: The chatter from Tuscaloosa is that Kirby will take a hc job somewhere and Saban will probably hire Pruett.

Appears to me averagedawg that is more than just rumor.

Reason I believe there is more to the head coach meeting with the Eason family in Washington for a short half day, he already knows that somewhere in the "chain" higher up in Athens that there is "chatter".

Using the same methods that he has used before. Letting the "higher ups" know that he is control of Jacob Eason playing football in Athens. Release me, you don't get the "chosen one".

Nick Saban knows that Jeremy Pruitt is an outstanding defensive coach, chip off of the old block. Kirby Smart leaves, Jeremy Pruitt takes over the defensive backfield and whatever else Saban wants him to do. Saban turned the defense backfield over to Smart, goes to show the amount of trust Nick Saban has for Kirby Smart.

Nick Saban also understands the value of Pruitt in the recruiting area. Pruitt now has built relationships with Georgia High School coaches, not just head coaches, all position coaches. Pruitt learned from the "master" and the "master" recognizes that.

Saban has this thing going on with urban meyer. Not a small thing. Both of the two mentioned want to be number one, and know what it takes to get there. Great to watch two head coaches that "understand college football".

Time for Kirby Smart to move on, another reason for Richt to fly to Washington State for a short visit. There are some in Athens that don't want Richt for another 15 years. Comes down to this . . . .

Head coach goes for a swim each year in Athens. As the video below opens up, two words . . . . "Hands Off".

Also, new copy for Jeff Schultz. :whistle:

The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70906 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????

averagedawg wrote: The chatter from Tuscaloosa is that Kirby will take a hc job somewhere and Saban will probably hire Pruett.

I can't even begin to say how much I would hate that. When Floyd got his penalty for extracurricular activity Saturday it struck me how rarely that happens any more and how much it USED to happen under the Towel and Willie. Also this,

"Jeremy Pruitt’s unit is 10th in total defense nationally, yielding 302 yards per game. They’re 4th in passing defense, 9th best in third down defense, and ranked 6th in red zone defense. Some could argue based on the past couple of weeks results that whatever argument Pruitt may have had after the Florida game, and whoever he may have had it with, he should have blown his stack sooner.

...if we’ve seen Georgia struggle to do anything defensively this season, it’s been stopping the run. Though even there the news isn’t horrible: the Red and Black are ranked 37th nationally against the run, yielding 139.6 yards per game on the ground, most of them seemingly to Josh Dobbs."

There is good turnover and bad turnover. This would be the worst turnover I can think of in Athens...
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds