Forum

MONDAY . . . . Questions????

8 years 5 months ago #70907 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
dawgs_fans_dad, when I compare what the head coach has done in 15 years compared to what Pruitt and Company have done in 2 years, leaves little room I would think for argument when it comes to actually coaching football.

If Pruitt and Company remain in Athens for the duration of his contract, little doubt in my mind that he will be able to "pick and choose" where he wants to continue coaching football.

Any defense can look good when there is an offense that can put points on the board, especially if the offense can score first. Any person that has played or understands football knows the eventual outcome of a win rises big time.

Pruitt and Company are adding some size to the defensive line in year three. Considering what has been accomplished by the defense in two years, what is not to like. I have no problems with the coaches on the defensive side of the ball, and some on the offensive side.

There is a spur under the saddle and that is not a good thing.

You said this and it is spot on.

When Floyd got his penalty for extracurricular activity Saturday it struck me how rarely that happens any more and how much it USED to happen under the Towel and Willie.

Several comments down this way reflected what you said above.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70908 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
I wish Marshall the best.
As Buc said, his knee problem was caused by the terrible turf at Neyland.
There is a picture floating around of the ground crew at tn painting the bare spots green before last week's North Texas game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
8 years 5 months ago #70910 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
I just watched Eason's latest "highlight" video.

stevedawg, please don't get on me for saying this, but:

Are there any African American citizens who live in Washington state? Because it doesn't look like it.

I'm sure it's just me, but the defenses he is playing against look small and slow. Eason's passes don't look like tight spirals, and he looks like he has a habit of side arming the ball a lot. Everyone in those videos looks like they are playing the part of a football player in a made-for-TV-movie.

I have a hard time watching his "highlights", and when I do, I find myself cringing. Anyone else?
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #70911 by Buc
thriller, did not see anything offensive in your post.

We can get real and look at numbers and last I checked most college and professional teams are 75% + black young men.

It does make a difference as to who and where a team plays the game.

For myself, have tried to be on an even keel about Jacob Eason. Guess my thoughts are like yours, do not see talent like I see playing high school football in Georgia and Florida.

My opinon. Jacob has had a distinct advantage having a Dad that played in the NFL. A Dad that has been a huge part of Jacob's life. Makes a huge difference from a mechanical and mental standpoint. You know what I am trying to say. averagedawg could say the same thing in a half dozen words. :)

Another reason that I believe Greyson Lambert has been selected to take over the quarterback position full time. Meaning . . . . get Lambert as much experience as possible before turning the job over to Eason in 2016. Just the way I think thriller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, averagedawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70912 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
If Eason was going to Alabama he would get the redshirt.
Coker is not a great QB but they have coached him up.
I look at Coker, I see Bauta.
Sans Richt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

More
8 years 4 months ago #70913 by Buc
At some point I thought that most of the Georgia following would recognize the difference in a winning football team and a team that understands all will be ok winning x number of games.

Most of the young men on the team understand exactly what they are taught and the way to apply what they are taught on the football field. There will always be a problem child, both on the field and in family life. Don't misinterpret that. Reaching heights of 100% is next to impossible to do.

Allow me this. Many times a player is asked this question. How do you play the game on Saturday? Often the reply is I am giving 100%. That is a true answer coming from the young man.

When you look at the coaching aspect regarding the above . . . . Young man on another team gives 80/90% and wins games against the young man giving 100%. One of two things . . . . young man giving 80/90% is a more talented player at that percentage than the 100% player is.

Without going into great detail, think most of us have seen teams with lower rated talent take us to the cleaners. Not once, several times over many years. That can happen, thing is it has happened too often with our football team. I come down to percentages when I rate coaching talent . . . . nuff said.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds