Forum

MONDAY . . . . Questions????

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70856 by Buc
MONDAY . . . . Questions???? was created by Buc
Open talk surrounding Mark Richt is changing.

Who for example thinks that Mahogany Row in Athens wants to or will hire a new head coach?

Who for example thinks that Greg McGarity Athletic Director, either has the WILL or the WAY or MEANS to create change at the position of head coach in the Classic City?

Who will come to this site and bet the farm on Georgia going to a major bowl this year? Next year? Maybe ever under the present lack of LEADERSHIP.

Some say we . . . . meaning those of us that see and understand what participating in the “arena” means have harped enough about the releasing of Mark Richt. If that is the case, the truth, what about those that buy into the same message year after year from those that believe Mark Richt is the best . . . . get this . . . . money can buy? If getting paid over 4+million dollars a year, and I lead the team to the Belk Bowl, I want that job. From where I sit, 4+million dollars a year and when was the last MAJOR BOWL appearance?

What has been the biggest story in some of the media outlets since the promise of Jacob Eason to come to Athens and save us? It has been just that the Jacob Eason story.

Speaking to player/coaching issues. Check where Alabama is right now. Big time quarterback? Think not. Take a good look at their offensive and defensive lines, could that be the major reason, outside of having a very good head coach as to why they win year after year?

Check their record since Nick Saban signed on. Always has the offensive lines that are capable of opening holes for their running backs, not built on a one player system, simply meaning the main reason that Mark Richt is in Washington with Jacob Eason, has recruited that way since . . . . forever. Blinded by the lights.

Check the offensive and defensive lines that play for Ohio State, under urban meyer. He knows.

From all that I gather from what I read and that is a lot, would like to hear something about coaching football in Athens, versus the good man spiel.

A long or fast speech or story, typically one intended as a means of persuasion or as an excuse but regarded with skepticism or contempt by those who hear it.

Used by much of the MEDIA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70857 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
The four mil we pay CMR is just part of the cost of doing

Business. Used to be called overhead.....he is the CEO

Of the third most richest college football program in the

Country. Check and see just how far ahead in dollars the top three are from the rest of the programs

Also check Georgia 's. Operating ratio we net out some very large dollar numbers. All who earn a piece from this
Operation tend to be very cautious about...change...

Dollars first wins second....still true this Monday morning

Georgia football where winning is optional... It is what it is

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #70858 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
Georgia fans are suckers.
And I have been a Georgia fan my entire life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 5 months ago #70859 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
Here is some food for thought. :whistle:

The PR machine sticks to the script. No variations allowed. It has to be cleared before you print it. All press in the loop has to abide by that rule.

No negative talk about AD or HC is in the script. Yes HC probably the CEO YD1.

Who writes the script? Where?
Public meetings = sunshine law. (UGA)
Corporate meeting = no sun shines there. (M&M)
Where do M&M and the Athletic Dept cross over? How does this take place?

Is our football program run like a media company?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

8 years 5 months ago #70860 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
All of the above posts are why I am a part of the cast on Dawgs.com.

Straight football and "management" discussions.

Many here recognize what the Disney group is doing with the SEC Network . . . . making an incredible amount of money. Very successful for a reason . . . . greatest Public Relations Group in the advertising world.

Anyone that does not go along with the "media" talk that is questioned on this site, concerning UGA football and Mark Richt, invite you to punch the AJC button today, if you have not already, three different columns written on Mark Richt/Jacob Eason.

Rather amazing that a D1 football head coach has to put all of his eggs in one basket. Meaning, must have Jacob Eason to do his recruiting for him. The "Carney" is doing what needs to be done on the outside of the tent, fails to do the necessary "stuff/coaching" once the players are "inside the tent".

If you are in the Richt camp, not the Georgia camp, don't believe both are the same, explain to some of us the outcomes of the past 15 years. Or this . . . . explain this year . . . . 2015.

www.dawgnation.com/

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70861 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
Steve.... Yes we have a football program that is run

Like a media/entertainment operations.

We have all the glitz of a Vegas show production....star

Power players and recruits. Just enough wow to keep

The fans interest and promise of improvements.

Granted our wow is not up to a final four teams....sadly

This will not change until the fan base in large enough

Numbers demand it. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds