Forum

MONDAY . . . . Questions????

8 years 5 months ago #70874 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????

averagedawg wrote: Hire Kirby now .

Can't be said enough times

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70875 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????

averagedawg wrote: My gut tells me that Schottenheimer is shown the door, Pruett goes where he's appreciated and we're stuck with Richt and a new OC and DC.

My gut feeling tell me we will be with schotty and Richt, but Pruitt leaves.

I still remember how damn stubborn Richt was to get rid of willie. Believe the excuse will be made that this way his first year in a "new" system. Even though we hired him bc it wouldn't be a new system.

And like Wlayton said, we won't get a top notch OC, not like we have one now, with Richt being on the hot seat. If Pruitt leaves, I say we kick the whole lot of them out.

But it won't happen. Our administration is perfectly content with where we are. Hell, we could have another 10 win season, without beating a single opponent with a winning record.

And the Richtards out there will be saying this year was a great 10 win year.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70876 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
All good points but I think Richt has to have a sacrificial lamb...
Ain't gonna be Pruett.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70877 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
I don't think he's going to need a sacrificial lamb.

1. If we get to 10 wins, that's all the people who could put pressure on him to fire Shoddy care about. Beat Tech and Abuurn... win 10.. That's a fantastic season.

2. He's not going to hire anyone who would run any sort of different offense, so a change wouldn't matter. Richt loves to just blame everything on the players needing to execute better anyway. He would only get rid of Shoddy if he thought he had to in order to save his own can, and he has no reason to fear for his own can. See #1 above.

3. The built in excuse is there. No QB isn't Shoddy's fault and then of course; Nick Chubb injury.

4. Eason.

5. Being in no danger now, Richt needs to save his sacrificial lamb for next season.

Trust me, Richt is laying out his 2016 protection plan, and it goes like this:

1. Our QB will be a true freshman, so how can anyone not expect growing pains... but just wait till next year, his second season!

2. Theus and Houston will be gone, so we're rebuilding our O-line. Never you mind that most top tier programs can replace 3 guys... just replacing 1 or 2 on a line qualifies for a major rebuild that will take 2 seasons for Richt.

3. Mitchell will be gone, leaving a sophomore as our top receiver.

4. Chubb probably wont be back 100% early in the year, but just wait till next year when he's back 100%!!! (and Eason has a year of experience!!)

5. If all else fails.. Shoddy. We had to give him 2 years to prove he is just as bad in college ball as he was in the NFL with his stuck in his daddy's era play calling. Just wait till next year when we find a better OC!

Trust me... Richt is two steps ahead of you when it comes to preparing his excuses. Shoddy can be saved for a later date.

A more reasonable expectation is that Richt will bring out his neutering scalpel for Jeremy Pruitt and CJP being fond of his 2 round fellows will split for another job... possibly a HC position at a smaller school where he can start building his HC résumé. Richt will let it "slip out" through his PR department known as the Mickey Mouse press that the relationship between coaches was toxic because of Pruitt and that was part of this year's problems. Of course though this will all come out from "unnamed sources" because our HC would never say anything bad about anyone because he just wants to let everyone know they are loved.

When y'all want me to stop, just let me know. ;)
Until you tire of hearing it, I doubt I'll stop because I've had it. He can go on with his 8-9-10 wins against garbage and humiliation at the hands of everyone else, but I'm done with him. Done. If we ever actually do win anything of any real consequence again it will be despite him, not because of him.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #70878 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
Although I could assume you are maybe right,
Richt is still on a hot seat.
Traveling to Washington to take pictures with Eason reeks of desperation.
Of course, as has been said nothing but Richt's leaving will matter, regardless.
And he has clearly dared the establishment to fire him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #70880 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
Wartdawg's post is dead on IMO. I believe there will ALWAYS be an excuse that says, "Wait til next year".

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds