Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 7 months ago #68819 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Time will tell all. The clock starts running Saturday. :whistle:

GO DAWGS!!!! :cheer:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68820 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Maybe this will be the year where LUCK is on OUR side. :whistle:

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 7 months ago #68825 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
growl, I really like the head coach we are facing off with this weekend. Not a lot of BS, calls it like it is.

In my opinion, Louisiana-Monroe coach Todd Berry is a real head coach. Yep, I do believe that the Warhawks will arrive in Athens ready to play football. Todd Berry will move on, but he is doing the right thing with the players he is with at this point.

Players have said that they are ready to move on, tired of banging on each other. That never changes.

“I don’t really have control over scheduling here, because we’re going to take the highest paycheck, because we need the money,” Berry said. “That’s the way it is, and I kinda knew that coming into it. We’re not funded very well, as has been pretty well-documented. So we need those checks, and the people who tend to pay the most money are the ones that can’t get games. And for Georgia and Alabama both, or Oklahoma, or Texas A&M, Florida State, TCU – I could go on, all the ones we’ve played here in the past – they tend to pay the most money.”

Going to watch line play. Depth should be the "difference", but it is time for me to "watch" rather than listen to the "talking heads".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68832 by Buc
Watching the video below featuring Jeremy Pruitt, one thing that really sticks out in my mind was Pruitt's statement concerning Chris Mayes.

Pruitt said Chris has had a good spring and fall camp, mentions that Chris is faster, body has changed.

To me that says again . . . . Mark Hocke was needed in Athens a long time ago. Pruitt is actually giving praise to Hocke without mentioning his name. Another coach that resides in Athens now . . . . because Pruitt is here and totally into improving Georgia Football, ALL PHASES.

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-football...u-get-what-you-earn/
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68834 by Buc
Going back and watching the Pruitt video again, another area of the film that I really liked . . . . around the 6 minute mark. Answers the question about previous coaching stays. Ends up saying Georgia is trying to get there. Knows how to "defend" against reporters questions, using DEFENSE, his mental DEFENSE.

Not a talking head in the country that does not have an eye on what our defense does or does not do in 2015.

Found the following article interesting. Maybe for this reason . . . . Seems many think that Auburn is better than Georgia. Looking over the roster, fail to see that. If the talking heads are saying that Muschamp will be the difference in 2015 . . . . Wow just wow!

From where I sit, Gus is highly over rated. Believe there are several coaches that feel that way.

espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/105703/fi...on-and-playoff-teams

6 minute mark on this video.
theladysportswriter.com/georgia-football...u-get-what-you-earn/
The following user(s) said Thank You: GooseDawg78, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 7 months ago #68851 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Buc, as you know I have some very dear Auburn family members in my life, Wife, Dad, Sister therefore nothing is better than beating Auburn for me personally.

So, I'm actually taking my Wife to the AU vs Louisville game at the GA Dome on Sat. but I'll be sporting the Red & Black with the Power G for sure. Anyways, I'll let you know what I see from the revamped Muschamp D.

Gus vs Motorcycle man, should be some good offense, not expecting much from either the Muschamp or the Grantham units. Will enjoy watching those 2 blowhards seeing whose face can turn the reddest though!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds