Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 8 months ago #68805 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
No gloom Wart just truth.

Think we will be OK with GL. Chubb likes him ALOT. Mitchell likes him ALOT.

He gets the ULM game under his belt in front of 92k+ he will do just fine. Settle in make his reads hand the ball to 27 get the ball down field to his playmakers, and most of all show everyone that he can check down to the TE or RB and make that throw without an INT.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68806 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Ogr. Agree less is more with GL. Forget 300yds. Passing unless the stack the box

Keep the D honest. Remember. Big team little I

As you said correctly. We will be fine

Our TE's. Will make noise..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68807 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I think we'll be okay with Lambert as well. We were okay with Mason and Lambert has a stronger arm although his int's bothered me a bit.

It's not that we wont be okay... it's just sort of odd that our awesome recruiter at the top spot is turning to a transfer after turning to a middling replacement at the QB spot last year.

Why didn't our awesome recruiter have the team better prepared to bridge the gap as we waited for the next savior? I would say it just strikes me as odd, but it doesn't strike me as odd at all. I've sort of accepted this sort of thing.

I've sort of resigned myself to accepting a lot of things about UGA football.

I think that sort of explains my melancholy, but I'm sure I'll get fired up once I see the guys hit the field.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, NC_Dawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 8 months ago #68811 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
This has got to be the year Wart. This team is too talented to not win the SEC. The time is now not 2 or 3 years from now. A lot of players going to leave next year and we are still thin on O line depth.

Got to be this year, if not then all this so called change was for nothing.

Can CMR and this coaching staff do it. I really don't think so going by the past blunders and unpreparedness. People then have to wake up to the fact that it is not the players but the people behind the players that is the problem, and quit making excuses and being satisfied with 10 wins and mediocrity, and to stop talking about a HS player like he is a savior.

But will not happen as the CMR apologist will continue on and talent will continue to be wasted. Hope I am wrong and we get to the promised land but as long as the trophy for everyone and other things more are important than winning attitude exists then I think not.

Keep your head up Wart. Season starts in 3 days and all we have is hope that things have indeed changed.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 8 months ago #68812 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Wartdawg Wrote:

....Why didn't our awesome recruiter have the team better prepared to bridge the gap as we waited for the next savior? I would say it just strikes me as odd, but it doesn't strike me as odd at all. I've sort of accepted this sort of thing.....

I posted the very same questions a month or so ago, and while I received no answers I was treated to the "Rainbows and Unicorns" version of "Support the team, support the players, support the institution,....support the coaches,....be a REAL fan!".....AS IF!....

Just the typical pre-season noise,...some get it, some don't!...I'll believe there is "change" afoot when I see concrete evidence, until then, it's ALL hype written by a well paid PR firm.

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, Wartdawg

More
8 years 8 months ago #68813 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I had started to feel better about everything and then I went into another thread. There I read that the season is going to be different because our head coach was feeling rejuvenated,

Without even getting into how ridiculous it is that our head coach has to get rejuvenated every two or three years, all I can say is I've heard that nonsense before.

it's hard for me to believe that anyone could take that seriously. It makes me bust out of hysterical laughter.

Oh well, coach Homer Simpson Bowden and his apparent narcolepsy issues aside;

Go Dawgs!

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, NC_Dawg, sadlerdawg, ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds