Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 8 months ago #68795 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Stevedawg Wrote:

....Still no kool aid on this board. The bus, driven by the PR staff, has been driving in circles for a few weeks....Hopeful with reason to be feeling good about things is as far as I have seen anyone go here.......

One mans hope is another's rainbow coalition!

...Half time. SC game. Be here....We will have all on board for a complete analysis of where the team is and where it is going.

Perhaps, but most likely I'll wait until after the Bama game. USCe is a paper tiger that we should vanquish without much fanfare.....SHOULD!....I really don't believe we will have a clear picture of who and what we are, until then.....Especially since the news broke that Lambert will be the starting QB.....

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68800 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Hello Dawg fanatics!

Been a long-time since I posted but still read here regularly (as this is STILL the best darn UGA site anywhere) & I'm back to daily reading now the it's finally game week.

Anyhows, I'm taking the wait & see approach like many of you but no doubt about it, even more major changes have taken place in Athens this offseason w/CMB out & CBS in...will these changes yield better results?

I have my theories but we should know plenty more after the SC game. Still, I completely agree with NC Dawg, the Bama game on 10/3 is where we'll know for certain what we're made of in 2015.

I am fired up to see what Lambert has to offer. I actually heard former UCLA Coach Rick Neuheisel on national radio yesterday who spent the entire Summer touring camps at DI universities across the nation, when asked what 2 teams caught his eye the most, his very first response was UGA.

He said Lambert can make all the pro-style throws (specifically the deep outs) & that any defense would have a hard time bringing 8 or 9 men into the box to stop our potent running game without covering UGA WRs from sideline to sideline in man coverage.

Obviously, I'm worried about protecting the ball on O & stopping the Run on D but expect year 2 in Pruitt's system to produce even better results than year 1. Our LB corp is loaded, need some fellas in the front 4 to step up in a big way & the back end just needs to keep on growing.

Our schedule is very scary in October but this is as good a year as any to ease into our first big SEC test (See darth visor) with the new OC & the new QB for the 2nd year in a row.

Happy game week to all, thanks for all of your contributions here & a special thanks to SteveDawg for providing us this space to share our thoughts, feelings, & opinions.

HUNKER DOWN TIME IS HERE!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, NC_Dawg, yankeedawg1, growl, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68801 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
NCD...

Apparently M&M had some good weed while riding around on the PR bus. That explains all the kool aid drinking. A fun time was had by all. :)

IMO the SC game will be where things start to have a pattern and maybe we have to pull out a few moves. Might be some good QA going on about halftime. We'll see. :unsure:

Indeed the Alabama game is going to be the next plateau. Gotta be playing ball by then. :whistle:

Getting down to business Saturday. Hunkering down.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

8 years 8 months ago #68802 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Welcome back Goosedawg.

Great to see our version of Cheers filling back up with the regulars as well as newbies

Agree we will know much about our team by halftime of the USC game

Then how that information translates when we

Play Bama. Midweek tomorrow

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68803 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Feel compelled to say this.

Lambert is the starting quarterback in 2015.

Lambert was demoted to second or third string duties at Virginia.

Understand that Virginia does not have the overall team that Georgia does.

Would seem to me that Lambert or any quarterback moving from a lesser team like Virginia to Georgia should look “really good”. Many factors to support that statement.

Offensive line regarded by some of the “talking heads” as being one of the best in D1 football.

One statement that keeps coming back to me made by Richt is this. Opening statement after the last serious scrimmage was . . . . Lambert is “tall”.

OK. Lambert is tall and the chatter about AM was that he was lacking in stature. Both AM and Lambert are said to be “very smart”. Lambert with the “huge arm”, AM with a less than great arm. What do I take from the comparison?

AM did not have the offensive line play that Lambert will have in front of him this season. A better defense that caused many turnovers in 2014, and should cause many more in 2015.

There is no room for failure in 2015 with a loaded offensive line and a defense that should produce many turnovers for the offense.

This is like walking into the candy store and given a free hand to take what one wants. Wonder why the “talking heads” and those in the know say we will win 9 games and play in “another” lesser bowl.

Just rolling things around in my head. I certainly hope that we don't have a repeat of head coaching decisions in 2015 that have shown their ugly head in previous years.

kentdaddy, comes a time when we have this much talent, “top” should do what he does best . . . . recruit. MR is very good at that, wish he would continue to focus on that area and leave the on field decisions to the coaches that have “changed” what is going on in the Classic City, for the better.

growl, you and I are on the same page for sure.

Plucked the paragraph below from GooseDawg78's post.

I am fired up to see what Lambert has to offer. I actually heard former UCLA Coach Rick Neuheisel on national radio yesterday who spent the entire Summer touring camps at DI universities across the nation, when asked what 2 teams caught his eye the most, his very first response was UGA.

Wartdawg said this often . . . . "NO EXCUSES".
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
8 years 8 months ago #68804 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Hi guys... my apologies for not being around.

I'm just not feeling it right now. I think the fire has been doused with a big bucket of Richt.

No excuses indeed, Buc.... but I feel we're already preparing ourselves to use one.

Our great recruiter will be entering the 2nd year of new QB, and this time he's had to turn to a middling transfer from a lesser program, because apparently his awesome recruiting left us with nothing better.

To be fair, I'm not predicting gloom and I'll give Lambert his shot, but the whole situation at QB has just had me shaking my head all summer.

Don't worry though.... a savior named Eason is on the way...

....we promise.

I'll be back. Good to see you still fighting the good fight my friends.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, ogredawg, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds