Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 7 months ago #68766 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Another quite week in Athens…..well noise was made by a graduate assistant getting arrested for a DUI.

Shades of a former AD’s trip to Buckhead…… amazing students staying out of trouble and the example setters straying….different

This week’s Blue Plate Special…..being the last for awhile as we dive head first into Game Day Friday next week….. So I am making it a Boo Fay……

Clean out the larder and make it potluck……

First a thanks again to all of you that helped in keeping us rolling along for the last eight months….been enjoyable sharing thoughts…again not a single f-bomb…… to those who read and don’t care to enter the conversation a word of thanks to you also….maybe at some point you will share your valued thoughts……….

Thinking back over the past eight months several things stick in my mind…. Recruiting ……we change position coaches and move others around and come away even stronger recruiting …..we now can stand toe to toe with any school chasing the star players….more important we have done an excellent job keeping instate players home…..a very good thing

Leadership……. Players and coaches….. good examples being set by our S & C coach and NC…both leading by example…..

Players working to get better….making the most out of practices….upperclassmen coaching the pups…..seems more WE and team focus….. Love it….

Then there was the dust up between HC and AD over CMB and how it was mishandled…..enter Prez who let it be known just who wore the big boy pants……CJP spoke one time to the importance of a IPF…

Poof….. move from an oversized bare bone cattle barn el cheapo model that Scrooge wanted to build out in BFE… to a on campus 30M state of the art facility ..smack in the middle of the athletic complex….sweet.. Once again CJP thanks for moving the pile…..

To all our board brothers who have lost a family member over the recent past… thanks for sharing your loss and giving us an opportunity to offer our T & P’s ….. It makes this place something special and more the football talk…….

Now time to clean the galley….polish the stainless…..let it rest

Time to shift gears and get ready for Game Day Friday….damn it just feels good to say it…..

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

Greg……best to you and your buds….

As always…… “Go Dawgs” !!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DAWGtm, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #68767 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Good morning yankeedawg may you have a great weekend.

Go Dawgs in honor of two of the biggest fans ever.

Looks like Sony behind Chubb in the rotation late for work will have more to say.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68768 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
yankeedawg1, several thoughts passed through my head about the Indoor Practice Facility.

Even though it took a "coaching football recruit" to speak up, the IPF is not about FOOTBALL solely.

The IPF is for everyone on scholarship at UGA, regardless of the sport they participate in.

I sometimes have a problem with the "lack of overall understanding". Simple things that mean so much to the "total athletic program".

I say this in response to what I read about "sports programs" and who benefits from changes like the IPF that has taken too long to be constructed on the UGA Campus.

At some point maybe the "fog" will be removed from the Mahogany Row Group, understanding that the FOOTBALL DOLLARS benefit every sports program on the campus. Easy enough to see where the "GREENBACKS" come from.

Notice that the Athletic Department is "messing" with the students and their section. Again following what Nick Saban did in Tuscaloosa. Nick said, you don't show up, changes will be made.

Allow me this . . . . About time those in Athens woke up and realized that others are "years ahead" of our Mahogany Row.

Not being ugly, speaking to my feelings and what I see.

Not looking for agreement, many posters and media types elsewhere play a simple game. Say this again . . . . I am here because there are "some" that I enjoy reading and posting with. I said that because it is the truth.

Might be that I will, along with others wait to see what Board Members have to say. Have long said many come to post in football season. Know every name and there are some very good football minds. There are many that read here that take some of the "stuff" back to their media spots. Truth again.

Read where NC_Dawg said he was going to play wait and see, not a bad thought.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, NC_Dawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68769 by Buc
Spent some time in Plantation, Florida over the past weekend. Had conversation with a Alabama Booster that along with other conversations, really enjoyed.

Doubt not that Alabama is more focused on Georgia than everyone on their schedule with the possible exception of Auburn. They will beat Auburn, but traveling to Athens is their big concern when looking at the "overall".

Takes me to this . . . .

Brian Burns . Cross "our fingers".

www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/article31966842.html

IMG was the top rated high school team in the Nation. Then they ran up against this young man.

www.hudl.com/athlete/2642162/highlights/230092380/v2

Again, if you watch the video, this is what players like Sony Michel, Isaiah McKenzie and Brian Burns want to play for UGA is all about. Right now, I would say that Brian is 100% on board with our group of defensive coaches. Don't need to give names again, we know who is responsible for the "revived" talent that finds themselves in the Classic City.

One last thing on Brian Burns . . . . He is a "team player" and will play in the NFL.

Thank you Bryan McClendon and Thomas Brown, also the players on our team from Plantation, Florida . . . . American Heritage. The Red and Black are "huge" in South Florida.

Again . . . .

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up! :)

Edit . . . . Pulled this from the article.

American Heritage’s defense held its own against IMG quarterback Shea Patterson, considered the best in the country by 247sports’ composite rankings, in the first half. Patterson completed 10 of 15 passes but for only 59 yards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68770 by Buc
Anyone that reads this board and there are many, know that Lorenzo Carter is "all that".

Kevin Sherrer said to all that would listen . . . . you might be "all that" and there is a way that this new group of defensive coaches teach college football . . . . Play as a team and the folks that watch each and every game that carry NFL Badges are aware of "me" and "team". yd1 mentions those "two words of description" more than any board member.

ogredawg said after the Flordia Game, the JAX Game, this new group of coaches on the defense had better get their "spit straight". Nothing to disagree with, not a good point, a "great point".

Anyone believe that our defensive line will be better than it was in 2014? Anyone believe that the "other SEC teams" will be better in 2015 than 2014?

From where I sit . . . . Stars do not count when we look at the "overall". Comes down to coaching.

Anyone believe that Thompson will turn our defensive team around? Turn around I am asking about is getting UGA Football to a level that Alabama has enjoyed for the years under Nick Saban.

Do all of the color changes of jerseys that the "media" will jump all over. Also, those that have a ring in their nose that come back year after year, especially this time of the year and say that . . . . UGA will be "all that".

I look at those comments and allow myself to "recall" years of the same "stuff" being repeated by some that I refer to as "newbies". I do have stronger language, choose not to do so on this board.

I never forget these "two things" . . . . Offensive and Defensive Lines determine "Championships". Nick Saban understood this long before Mark Richt did. Being ugly, don't think so. Thanks again Coach Will Friend. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68771 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Lorenzo needs to keep his head in the game and out of the NFL $$$$ pot.

Hope this QB "competition" don't come back and haunt us 5 or 6 games into the season.

Cannot believe the predictions for us to beat the Tide and then lose to both Tn. and Aubuurn. Both teams are not that good and as the season plays out I am betting it will show that. Watch out for the Razorbacks, they got a real good O line and real good running game. Thier D comes together and they just may be in the ATL in Dec.

This is the BEST chance we have had in a long time to have a special year. This 2 years away is pure BS. Just look at the 20 or so players that will not be playing next year. 4 of them on the O line.

Nope got to happen this year. No way it happens next year. IMHO

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds