Forum

The QB Saga !!!!

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68542 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic The QB Saga !!!!
Ogredawg, if I were a betting man I would bet you're right with your QB pecking order.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68543 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!
SF21 Wrote:

.....This next statement is going to ruffle some feathers but oh well. Mike Bobo would have already named a QB by now and it would have been Ramsey. Everyone fan base wise would have accepted it and that would have been that and if Ramsey would have stunk it up everyone would have been yelling fire Richt because he started his boy Ramsey. My point is Bobo was as much of a problem when it came to stupid decisions than Richt. Shotty is being very smart and methodical when it comes to "The QB Saga" and it will all pay off in the long run. Yea I'm the guy with the glass half full...

Interesting and while it didn't ruffle my feathers, it did, in fact, give rise to a question that has lately been the focal point of the "rainbow chasers"...(meant entirely in jest)....

Exactly when did the "Saintly One" abdicate absolute decision making to any of his subordinate coaching staff? True, Bobo had his moments but not without the overseeing eye of his mentor...Bobo's miscues were inspired by and managed through his indoctrination into the CMR way of doing things. I'm not about to believe, after 14 years of redundancy, that Shotty is a break from the mold. Likewise, this isn't the first foray down the path of a "QB Saga" for Captain Rainbows and Unicorns. If anything, what we are currently discussing is, in fact, the typical operational tactics and logistics of our fearless leader.

I completely agree with the concept of all three pushing each other to excel. But as I stated in the OT, why is it so damn difficult to excel? Most of this decision making should have been worked out LAST SEASON, not 4 weeks before this seasons opener.

I sincerely appreciate the mindset of an optimist. It's refreshing and I remember when I was a very vocal member of your ranks. Likewise, I sincerely hope that your assessment is more accurate than mine. Unfortunately, I have 14 years of historical incompetency archived...

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, Dawg With Style

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68546 by sflanagan21
All I can say is that one I'm glad Bobo is gone and two I'm glad I have faith in our coaches and our kids. Yea CMR has made his mistakes but so has every other coach in the nation. Yea he has done little with a lot as far as the talent he has had over the year goes. But he is our HC and he isn't going anywhere at least not this season. So I'm going to look at the bright side and believe in our program!

With that being said if we fall short of the SEC championship this year then he should be fired. Like everyone else I'm tired of the excuses year after year but I really believe this year is going to be different. I'm not going to say we are going to win a NC but we should be in the final 4 and contending for it this year with the talent we are going to put on the field. I don't think even CMR can stop that from happening.

Again no matter who ends up under center we are going to be better off than we were last year with Mason. I maybe the only one on dawgs.com that is welcoming this QB battle and I hope it goes on through the first game of the season. Well unless one of them pulls away from the pack in the next 3 plus weeks. The cream will rise to the top and all 3 will be better because of this competition and that's the strategity that both Shotty and CMR have with this open competition.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

More
8 years 8 months ago #68547 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!
OK,.....whatever,.....Guess you're one of those REAL dawg fans too!

I asked those questions in search of honest answers and I' m frankly surprised that someone with your football acumen opted to go faith and trust in coaches, players and programs. Which, for the record, it's the issue and never has been.

Like I said, I hope your assessment is more accurate than mine.

Enjoy!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, growl

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68548 by sflanagan21
Honest answers? We have a new OC, a QB battle that will more than likely last for the first 2 games, a crap load of young talent, several first and second year coaches and a new positive attitude with this team. I don't have any answers at all for you my man but I can tell you that I like what I'm hearing and seeing. And yes I have tons of faith in our coaches, players and the program. As a "REAL" Dawgs fan I think I should.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68549 by sflanagan21
Also, this is the first time in many years that we haven't had any suspensions before camp. That to me says a lot about our coaches and the attitude and dedication of our players! CMR isn't the only coach on our staff. It's taken him 14 years to build the right coaching staff and Dawg Nation will reap the benefits over the next few years no doubt.

And for the record I will never go into the season with a negative attitude regardless what has happened in the PAST.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DawgDoc, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds