Forum

The QB Saga !!!!

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68536 by NC_Dawg
The QB Saga !!!! was created by NC_Dawg
OK......looks like the purple and pink smoke from the PR boys sunshine pumps is beginning to clear!.....FINALLY!!!

So, on today's agenda is the saga that is to, perhaps, define our season,.....the lack of a "qualified" QB....Bare in mind, the person making this "qualified" decision is also the person who doesn't seem capable of maintaining said "qualified" personnel after a 3-4 year starter graduates, or mores on to the next level. Were we not led to believe that "QB's" are allegedly the primary area of expertise for the "Anointed One"? Is this not an area that he has fundamentally failed at more often than succeeded, save the occasional savoir tossed in every five or six years...And here we are, at another seasonal crossroad, waiting on perhaps the incompetent to render judgment....Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!!.....#THIS is what 3.3 million/year buys us?

It's called planning and logistics! Doesn't take a degree in Astrophysics. Hell, the government has been deploying it successfully for decades!...So here are my questions:

• Why is it that our "system" seems so damn difficult that only a tiny handful of "blue chip" QB's can ever manage it?
  • Has this"system" been proven, beyond a shadow of doubt to be "all that AND a bag of donuts"?
  • Why haven't we adapted and improvised said system to feature the talents of these once "blue chip" QB's, rather than sticking with said system, as is?
  • Shouldn't we, the fans, the alumni, the legacies, be entitled to,......No, encouraged to speak out when mediocrity becomes status quo?

I completely agree with Steve's earlier assessment,......it's a diversion, a pre-season sortie, flown out to the doe-eyed, so that if and likely when the shoe drops, the excuse will already be ingrained into psyche of those comforted with 9-10 wins and a mid tier bowl!

Here's my preseason prediction. We will likely drop one early, most likely USCe, but rebound to take one away from Bama....UT will play us tough....this one is a gimme, but I'll say we take this one too....We manage to run the table; thereby causing the doe-eyed to begin talking NC's, when we meet Allbarn.....Gus has a score to settle and settle it he does....BOOM, we are looking at a two loss season and perhaps hoping that UT or UM drops another so we can back into the SECC......Oh, did I mention we've not seen the annual "Richting" yet.......Enter Tech........!......9-3, No SECC, mid-tier bowl and all is well........Cuz the savior arrives next year!

Go Dawgs!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68537 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!
Hilarious NCD..
"OK......looks like the purple and pink smoke from the PR boys sunshine pumps is beginning to clear!.....FINALLY!!!" :laugh:

That last paragraph is a little gloomy. :whistle:

No Kool Aid. Just hard work!!!! Sweat it out and toughen up.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

8 years 8 months ago #68538 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic The QB Saga !!!!
Here are some of my predictions (I'll gladly eat these words someday, if that day should arrive):

1. No starter named at QB until ULM. No clear winner in the battle even after that game. We win.

2. Vandy will give us as much as we can handle . . . we SQUEAK by. Lambert is pronounced the winner of the "who can hand off best to Chubb" contest.

3. USCe at home feels like a win to me . . . but I may be whistlin' past the graveyard. Our running game and conditioning wins this one. :whistle:

4. We cakewalk past whoever the second cupcake is. I'm not even looking.

5. Alabama proves to everyone on earth that defense wins football games. Stop the run, stop UGA.

6. Tennessee proves to everyone on earth that if you hold onto the ball all game long, you win. A success-starved-crowd goes bonkers. The season is over.

7. Missouri comes to town after it's too late, and by then we actually have a QB with some experience and we win, all but ensuring our presence in a mid level bowl. (Missouri goes on to back into the east again, announcing to the world "we own this division".)

8. We do not lose the week after Missouri. But someone gets caught smoking dope.

9. We get revenge against the Gaytors, who by now are hating their new HC.

10. Kentucky is Kentucky, getting ready for basketball season. It's still way too close.

11. We play a very spirited game against Abuurn and should win it, but something like a blown coverage ruins it. Talk of slipping in the back door to the SECCG stops.

12. Ga. Southern looks pretty scary.

13. We THUMP the GnaTs this year.

Let's add up those totals. Hmmm . . . 9-3.

Music City Bowl . . . we play someone like Cincinnati or Pittsburgh or Purdue and make them look better than they are, but win. 10-3 and then the media blitz is on for Eason. Finally ranking 14th.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68539 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!
we lose to only Alabama and revenge the loss in the SEC Championship game and make the final four. Anything less than this is a total disappointment....but more than likely we lose to Alabama UT and Aubuurn and play in the gaytor bowl is being more realistic....another year of wasted talent is more like it...

thecountrynation.com

More
8 years 8 months ago #68540 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic The QB Saga !!!!
No matter who end's up with the starting QB job we will be better off than we were with Mason last year and that's just an honest fact. He did well protecting the ball but he was NO threat to go deep, he forced more throws in one season than AM did in 4 and he could not extend the play even a millisecond. I could go on but no need we all knew he wasn't leading us to a NC last year.

All 3 of these QB's have their pro's and con's like most college QB's have. What people are failing to realize is how much better they all are going to get in the next 4 weeks with this battle. They have no choice but to work on their weaknesses if they want to start. I don't see this as a bad thing at all because they are all 3 competitors and all 3 will end up better because of it.

This next statement is going to ruffle some feathers but oh well. Mike Bobo would have already named a QB by now and it would have been Ramsey. Everyone fan base wise would have accepted it and that would have been that and if Ramsey would have stunk it up everyone would have been yelling fire Richt because he started his boy Ramsey. My point is Bobo was as much of a problem when it came to stupid decisions than Richt. Shotty is being very smart and methodical when it comes to "The QB Saga" and it will all pay off in the long run. Yea I'm the guy with the glass half full...
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68541 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!
Bobo is CSU's problem now....thank goodness

Lambert starts BR backs up and FB remains a team player...this year...

Savior arrives....

All is well with UGA Football

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds