Forum

The QB Saga !!!!

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68572 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!
Agree with ogre and sflanagan--no peacemaker is needed. I don't have a problem with any member here. I don't agree with some of them, but it's all good. If Flanagan and I (or any other member I've disagreed with) met at a game, we'd be drinking a beer before kickoff. Trust me, I've met many members at games and we've all hung out and had a great time regardless of what was said between us on the board.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1, growl, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68573 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic The QB Saga !!!!

sadlerdawg wrote: Agree with ogre and sflanagan--no peacemaker is needed. I don't have a problem with any member here. I don't agree with some of them, but it's all good. If Flanagan and I (or any other member I've disagreed with) met at a game, we'd be drinking a beer before kickoff. Trust me, I've met many members at games and we've all hung out and had a great time regardless of what was said between us on the board.

Truth right there Brotha! At the end of the day we are all die hard DAWG fans! I will never forget my wife balling her eyes out after the SEC ship against Bama a couple of years ago. After the game was over she went to our room layed on the bed and cried like a baby. I went to comfort her and I said, man we should have won that one. She looked at me and said, I feel so bad for those kids. It hit me right there that that's truely what HS and college football is all about, the kids! We are cheering on and rooting for 18-21 year old kids playing the best damn sport in the World. These kids work their asses off for the love of the game and it doesn't get anymore real than that!

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
8 years 8 months ago #68574 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!
Y'all know I am watching HC the same as you are this year. Still not happy with him but I support the team and he is the HC.

This thread has gotten personal and I am not happy. No need to jump on Thriller. That was a good post and his suggestion about a separate category is not that far out.

Actually I have considered having a separate category for Richt stuff. He is such a big topic these days he might need his own place. Maybe call it "Richt Rants" where we can let loose on him when need be. We can run polls and stuff there and create a side conversation about the situation with HC.

Meanwhile I don't want no more of this. When you guys get like this you get things out of whack so quit it. We have a season to get ready for asap. No more monkeying.

Now get back to work.

GO DAWGS !!!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

8 years 8 months ago #68578 by SBR1969
Replied by SBR1969 on topic The QB Saga !!!!
I love reading the posts here. I don't post much, but this is where I cone to get the real info and see how other true DAWG fans feel about how things are going. I tend to be an optimist/kool-aid sipper at the beginning of each season. I just want so badly for us to "get there" that I can't help but feel refreshed at the opportunity for a clean slate. It just seems that every year by about the third to fourth game I am having to pour liquor in my kool-aid to get it down. This year I must admit I am starting the season with a little more trepidation. Not because of the QB saga. I like to think we have three good options and that they are learning the system, getting reps, and competing fiercely. My problem has been the constant reminder of disappointment that sent me over the edge last year. I have been watching, or trying to watch, ESPN and the SEC Channels top games from last year to get my pre-season football fix. The problem is that in every single game that involved GA, we lost. They have not shown one game that we were victorious; at least I missed it if we did. Whether it was coaching, players injured, players suspended, bad luck, whatever. It has been a constant reminder of the culmination of a decade of frustration. I don't think I can take much more. This season has got to get here and get here fast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 8 months ago #68579 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic The QB Saga !!!!
SBR1969, after reading all of the posts in this thread, and for that matter many in the recent past, believe the line I pulled from your post #33 above covers it best.

It has been a constant reminder of the culmination of a decade of frustration.

Feel it speaks well of this board that you come and read, not posting often, but speaking with clarity when you do post.

Can only speak for myself, do know that many of my posts arise from "frustration".

Hard to get a group of players with huge "egos" to play together, that sometimes is what allows teams of lesser talent (star wise) to kick butt.

Same applies to coaches. Have watched more than one assistant coach leave Athens huffing and puffing. Coaches no different than the players, they also have huge "egos".

Been around football for a while now, like what I see coming from many of the "new hires". Have watched and read what some of the "hardliners" have to say, me being one of them. Something had to change, this 2015 Season will give us a good idea if there has been "real change".

Thanks for your post, enjoyed reading your thoughts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 8 months ago #68627 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic The QB Saga !!!!
I watched Ramsey play a lot of ball in HS and I was very impressed with his arm strength and like most that watched him I also thought his ceiling was high. But after every game I left with this uneasy gut feeling about him. I'm not going to trash the kid because I think he is a very talented young man but I've said it before and I think it's becoming more apparent that the wing T that Camden ran has really hurt Ramsey in his reads. I'm hoping that this QB comp that's happening right now will help him with that weakness because the kid can spin it that's a fact.

Besides film I never watched FB live in HS but from what I've seen on film and from what I've seen at the two spring games I've watched the kid is very smart, a leader and a fierce competitor. I have compared him to Tebow and I've been laughed at but if you watch his HS film you will see a kid with the will to win and he is as tough as they come. I've been big on Bauta for a couple of years and I think before it's all over with he will be our starter. Of course that's just my opinion and I've been wrong as I had Park starting this year but Shotty will start who he thinks will give the team the best shot to win and he will not start someone that is inconsistent.

GO DAWGS

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds