Forum

The QB Saga !!!!

8 years 8 months ago #68563 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic The QB Saga !!!!
I sure hope this forum stays user friendly. I'm a recovering "Kool-Aid-holic". While I'm definitely staying off "the stuff" this season, (at least until we have a CLUE who is going to actually handle the ball more than any other player on the entire team including Nick Chubb), I definitely do appreciate optimism. It worse than sucks to come to a forum where all I ever read is how bad our HC is. DawgDoc and I have quite a bit in common. I have even thought about proposing a separate part of the forum for "Anti-Richt" posts, so that people can at least have a chance of avoiding them.

That said - for ANYONE who is genuinely sitting there at their computer monitor, scratching his head in shock over WHY anyone might be the SLIGHTEST bit unimpressed by CMR, read this article in the Fish Wrapper:

www.dawgnation.com/football/championship...-crazy-no-show-games

Yes, CMR has a pretty good cumulative W/L record, and even has a couple of (10 year old) championships under his belt. But reading that article serves as a pretty good reminder of what has created the negativity that can be so easily found on this site. The negativity used to be EXTREMELY rare. It wasn't created overnight. It took CMR YEARS to produce it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68565 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!
I agree that it is time to pull back on Richt for a while. At least for me.

There is some major suspense going on. Richt is involved but it's his call no matter what we say at this point. He da HC.

As Thriller said about the suspense...It will continue until "at least until we have a CLUE who is going to actually handle the ball more than any other player on the entire team including Nick Chubb."

Season coming up fast. Time to 'team up' and get ready for game time.

This Dawg is ready to hunt.

2 cents

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68568 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic The QB Saga !!!!

sadlerdawg wrote: Now this confuses me, sflanagan....

first, you say this:

No matter who end's up with the starting QB job we will be better off than we were with Mason last year

then this:

I have faith in our coaches and our kids. Yea CMR has made his mistakes but so has every other coach in the nation. Yea he has done little with a lot as far as the talent he has had over the year goes. But he is our HC and he isn't going anywhere at least not this season. So I'm going to look at the bright side and believe in our program!

but two of the potential starting qb's were backing up Mason last year...so if either of them would have been better, how do you have faith in a coach who started the worst of the 3?

Let me start by saying I hope we are all in agreement that both BR and FB are better QB's than HM. And that my faith is not entirely in CMR but the coaches he has in place to also make the best decision for our team in 2015.

Ramsey wasn't ready last year and he proved that when he got playing time. Is he ready this year? I don't know but he is getting better every day because he has to if he want's to start because he is in a QB battle. He is a better QB than Mason and that we know, he just wasn't as ready as Mason was. FB was ready and better than Mason (even AM said FB was ready to start) but he didn't fit our system in Bobo's mind, end of story.

The fact is that if Bobo was still around this conversation wouldn't even be happening right now because Ramsey would have been named the starter back in the spring and FB would have transferred out with Park. Lambert would have either stayed at UV or transferred to somewhere besides UGA and SV would be our second string QB. Okay all of those scenarios may not have happened but Bobo would have named Ramsey the starter back in spring and that would have been that.

My point is this, I have said it before and it's honestly how I feel. Below CMR I have put all of my faith in every single coach to get the job done! I also honestly think that CMR realizes how great his coaching staff is in 2015 and he is letting them do their job. We have a QB competition with 3 talented QB's right now, when was the last time we ever had that? If you all can't see that as a good thing then I'm sorry!

For the record, I'm more of a positive man than an optimistic man. I believe in our kids and will stand behind the G until the day I die!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 8 months ago #68569 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic The QB Saga !!!!
Please let me be a peacemaker on this one, because the thread is a great one.

To sflanagan21's point, statistically speaking:

Brice Ramsey - QB rating in 2014 - 172.0

Faton Bauta - QB rating in 2014 - 160.6

Hutson Mason - QB rating in 2014 - 154.8

Nick Marshall - QB rating in 2014 - 148.7

Not only that, but:

Yards/Attempt:

BR = 9.4
FB = 9.6
HM = 7.7
Nick Marshall = 8.5

So, if the only thing we look at are the numbers, then I need to shut my mouth about this whole "QB Thingy" and take a long, slow draw on my Red and Black flavored Kool-Aid. However . . . (you KNEW there was gonna be one of those :pinch: )

When I go back and look at BR playing last year, I see outright recklessness with our football. He thinks his arm is a Howitzer, but too often it acts like a pea shooter. He underthrows BADLY. He also flat out MISSES wide open guys and has no touch on a ball, resulting in a pass that should be easy requiring acrobatics to catch. His TD/INT ratio is 3:1, which looks AWESOME, but one of his TDs SHOULD have been a pick against KY last year. That makes him look pretty average.

Now you say, "but wait, thriller, what about Grayson Lambert - a proven veteran QB"?

QB rating - 115.7 ouch..... 10 TD/11 INT . . . . . DOUBLE OUCH! Yards/Attempt = 6.3...................do laterals count?

"But wait, thriller . . . . you forget that he was playing behind a crappy O-Line!!" Oh yeah?

Sacks in 2014:

HM = 15
GL = 11

So the HONEST answer for me is this . . . maybe we have a great new QB coming in this year . . . maybe not. I'm worried. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl, sflanagan21

More
8 years 8 months ago #68570 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic The QB Saga !!!!
We all may not see eye to eye and that's okay with me because most family members very seldom do. I've never met a single one of you but I come here and it feels like family to me. Have a great weekend all.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68571 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!
Me I am not angry at anyone. Some call it being negative but I call it speaking the truth. CMR has done NOTHING with his talent over the last 7 years and a loss to UCF in the Liberty Bowl started the big slide into being a mediocre head coach.

If we cannot discuss his failure to produce and to suggest a separate forum be introduced so some won't have to read "negative" post is just ludicrous.

Don't want to read the posts that are critical of CMR then skip over them, no one is forcing anyone to read or in fact be a member here.

Start censoring and guess what members will leave.

My opinion and not directed at any one individual so don't get any of your panties in a wad.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds