Forum

The QB Saga !!!!

8 years 8 months ago #68574 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!
Y'all know I am watching HC the same as you are this year. Still not happy with him but I support the team and he is the HC.

This thread has gotten personal and I am not happy. No need to jump on Thriller. That was a good post and his suggestion about a separate category is not that far out.

Actually I have considered having a separate category for Richt stuff. He is such a big topic these days he might need his own place. Maybe call it "Richt Rants" where we can let loose on him when need be. We can run polls and stuff there and create a side conversation about the situation with HC.

Meanwhile I don't want no more of this. When you guys get like this you get things out of whack so quit it. We have a season to get ready for asap. No more monkeying.

Now get back to work.

GO DAWGS !!!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #68578 by SBR1969
Replied by SBR1969 on topic The QB Saga !!!!
I love reading the posts here. I don't post much, but this is where I cone to get the real info and see how other true DAWG fans feel about how things are going. I tend to be an optimist/kool-aid sipper at the beginning of each season. I just want so badly for us to "get there" that I can't help but feel refreshed at the opportunity for a clean slate. It just seems that every year by about the third to fourth game I am having to pour liquor in my kool-aid to get it down. This year I must admit I am starting the season with a little more trepidation. Not because of the QB saga. I like to think we have three good options and that they are learning the system, getting reps, and competing fiercely. My problem has been the constant reminder of disappointment that sent me over the edge last year. I have been watching, or trying to watch, ESPN and the SEC Channels top games from last year to get my pre-season football fix. The problem is that in every single game that involved GA, we lost. They have not shown one game that we were victorious; at least I missed it if we did. Whether it was coaching, players injured, players suspended, bad luck, whatever. It has been a constant reminder of the culmination of a decade of frustration. I don't think I can take much more. This season has got to get here and get here fast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 8 months ago #68579 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic The QB Saga !!!!
SBR1969, after reading all of the posts in this thread, and for that matter many in the recent past, believe the line I pulled from your post #33 above covers it best.

It has been a constant reminder of the culmination of a decade of frustration.

Feel it speaks well of this board that you come and read, not posting often, but speaking with clarity when you do post.

Can only speak for myself, do know that many of my posts arise from "frustration".

Hard to get a group of players with huge "egos" to play together, that sometimes is what allows teams of lesser talent (star wise) to kick butt.

Same applies to coaches. Have watched more than one assistant coach leave Athens huffing and puffing. Coaches no different than the players, they also have huge "egos".

Been around football for a while now, like what I see coming from many of the "new hires". Have watched and read what some of the "hardliners" have to say, me being one of them. Something had to change, this 2015 Season will give us a good idea if there has been "real change".

Thanks for your post, enjoyed reading your thoughts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 8 months ago #68627 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic The QB Saga !!!!
I watched Ramsey play a lot of ball in HS and I was very impressed with his arm strength and like most that watched him I also thought his ceiling was high. But after every game I left with this uneasy gut feeling about him. I'm not going to trash the kid because I think he is a very talented young man but I've said it before and I think it's becoming more apparent that the wing T that Camden ran has really hurt Ramsey in his reads. I'm hoping that this QB comp that's happening right now will help him with that weakness because the kid can spin it that's a fact.

Besides film I never watched FB live in HS but from what I've seen on film and from what I've seen at the two spring games I've watched the kid is very smart, a leader and a fierce competitor. I have compared him to Tebow and I've been laughed at but if you watch his HS film you will see a kid with the will to win and he is as tough as they come. I've been big on Bauta for a couple of years and I think before it's all over with he will be our starter. Of course that's just my opinion and I've been wrong as I had Park starting this year but Shotty will start who he thinks will give the team the best shot to win and he will not start someone that is inconsistent.

GO DAWGS

More
8 years 8 months ago #68628 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic The QB Saga !!!!
I just want to add that I don't really care who starts as long as it's the best one and he gives us a chance to win every game. I think it's going to come down between Ramsey and Bauta and if Richt & Shotty let the decision be made after they see them both play in the first game then I think Bauta wins the job. It may take two games to figure it out though as I doubt ULM will give either of them much trouble. Either way I think Bauta will shine in real game action.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68629 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!
ULM. Georgia 45-3. Chubb runs for 299 in the first half and sits the second. Calls for CMRs head come loud and fast as some decry his inability to produce a 300-yard rusher as evidence of his lack of a mean-enough streak to win it all. ULM scores 3 points and effigies of CJP are burned on Broad street.

Vandy. Georgia 38-0.Prior to the game, CMR saves a busload of 6 year-olds. Chubb, Marshall and Michel all run for 100+. Brice Ramsey passes for 400 yards and the Commodores are held to 150 yards of Total Offense. 70 of those yards come when the Commodores intercept Ramsey in their end zone and return it 70 yards. Fans call for CMR to be fired for his inability to produce a QB who does not throw interceptions. BR's car is teepeed overnight.

SCar. Georgia 35-10. Georgia comes out banging and never looks back. Chubb gets dinged, but only after rushing for 200. Marshall gets another ton and all of SCars points come in trash time. Fans call for CMRs head for allowing 10 points during trash time and for getting Chubb dinged up.

Southern: Georgia 49-0. After a 0-0 first quarter score, Georgia sets the score board on fire, racking up 600 yards of offense. Marshall and Mitchell get a ton a piece as Chubb sits. 350 yards of passing also help. Fans call for CMR's firing because Chubb sat a game and the team's lack of first quarter production.

Alabama: Georgia 27-24. Chubb gets 200 and a gutsy performance by the defense saves the day as the Dawgs get revenge. Calls for CMRs head are diminished after the performance due to CMR being seen as uttering the "F" word after Bama ties it up in the 4th.

Tennessee: Dawgs 28-3. Tennessee falls apart after the Dawgs score 2 quick TDs in the first and take a lead they never relinquish. Sony Michel reinjures his shoulder, but Chubb gets another 200. Fans call for CMR's head after he is not seen uttering the "F" word on TV. Fans leave a burning bag of dog poop on CJPs door step after his team allows 250 yards of offense.

Missouri Tigers: Dawgs 38-0. In the matchup of the season for the SEC East, the Tigers and Dawgs meet in a showdown that likely determines the winner. Nick Chubb gets 200 in the first half and the Dawgs blow out the overmatched Tigers in a performance that sees CJPs defense pick the Tigers 4 times. Fans call for CMR's firing because a potential fifth pick was dropped. They cite this as evidence of a team that is out of control under his leadership.

Florida: Dawgs 28-10. Georgia goes down 10 points after a sloppy first quarter, but rebound on the backs of Chubb and Marshall, who each pick up a ton plus and and a score each. The passing game also shows up to add two more scores. Fans call for the firing of CMR after he sits Chubb and Marshall in the 4th, citing his lack of fire to score more on the gators as evidence of his inability to coach.

Kentucky. Dawgs 42-0. Cubb finally hits 300 plus and the Dawgs get another 600 plus yards, but fans call for the firing of CMR due to him taking his foot off in the 3rd and not running up the score "like a real coach would."

Auburn: Dawgs 24-17. It's a typical DSOR game, and a battle in the trenches as Nick Chubb is held to 120. However, the defense steps up and shuts down AllBarn in the second half. Schotty's house is teepeed and fans burn CMR's effigy outside the Georgia Theatre, citing Chubb's sub-par performance as proof that CMR has no idea what he's doing.

Georgia Southern: Dawgs 52-0. Chubb hits 300 plus and the Dawgs cruise in a laugher. After the game, CMR is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his work with underprivileged children. However, it is later discovered that some of those children were from Gainseville, Florida and fans lose their minds and call for CMR's head. Sources also cite fans unhappy with CMR running up the score on GSU.

Georgia Tech: Dawgs 33-3. The game day crew is in full bromance with Nick Chubb as he hits 2,000 yds for the season and the Dawgs run away with some revenge for last year's debacle. Fans, however, call for CMR's firing, citing the fact that Chubb would have hit 2,000 yards during the WLOCP had Georgia replaced CMR with any other coach.

SECC vs Bama. Dawgs 28-0. CMR discovers a cure for all cancers, but the real story is Keith Marshall who lead all rushers with 200. Brice Ramsey passes for 300 as the Dawgs cruise. ESPN produces a piece about CMR being on the hot seat, citing his inability to shut out Bama twice in the same season. "They clearly weren't ready during the first game and got lucky. He's obviously distracted by this cancer-thingy." Herby is quoted. Fans agree and burn bibles at the Tate center.

NC. vs OSU. Dawgs 45-0.CMR discovers a lost trust fund buried under the Butts-Mehre building that allows the university to pay back all the loans of every student for the last 50 years. Chubb rushes for 350 yards and cements himself as the greatest Georgia running back ever. Fans see this as evidence of CMR's pact with the devil and refuse to acknowledge the dethroning of Herschel Walker. Greg McGarrity caves in and fires CMR. Fans call for the beheading of Greg McGarrity, citing his termination of CMR as evidence of his inability to retain a superior coach.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds