Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 11 months ago #67889 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Good read on the race Buc. Going to be a challenge but as you note. AP has a excellent

Chance. Enjoy. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67890 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Your insight Buc on how we arrived at where we are with our program is what makes this

Board special. You lay out for thought the whys and wherefores in detail. Thanks

You remember I posted early 2014 that our OL. would be a pleasant surprise

While there was major concerns voiced by others. As Ogredawg called JT turned into a better than

Fair LT. 2015 QB. play will be one of many pleasant surprises.....looking forward to seeing CTR

Front grow in confidence with each game...... More on the QB flap as the summer heats up

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67891 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
ogredawg and I had some fun with Theus at left tackle.

Theus finally got his head screwed on and became what ogredawg thought he was capable of.

With the evolution of football, high school, college and professional, one thing sticks out more than others . . . . Football is in the air and most of the quarterbacks are right handed. Left tackle this day and time does not get drafted in the Second Round of the NFL if he is capable of protecting the "super stars".

You and I have been on board with this for a long time yd1 . . . . Offensive line is where the game starts once the ball is snapped. Quarterbacks like AM understood what needed to be done and where the emphasis needed to be placed.

Trying not to be too negative, but our head coach never got a grip on that until . . . . Coach Will Friend came back to Athens and improved the play of Theus and others. Single biggest thing that Will Friend did was build "pride" in accomplishment. Have a lot of memories over the years about the Red and Black, one that was added in the Belk Bowl . . . . Coach Will Friend remained with his offensive line until the game was over. That was big, and going back and watching film of that game, the offensive line played their butts off for the departing coach. Would encourage folks to take the time and watch the Belk Bowl game and in particular, the offensive line. Nick Chubb knows.

Have no reason to believe otherwise . . . . Sales understands. Believe we capped off the 2015 recruiting recognizing that the offensive line should never be treated as it was prior to Will Friend taking over.

Stacy Searels was in my opinion a great offensive line coach. One problem, at that point our head coach did not take enough interest in what "needed" to be done. Another failure in "leadership" in my opinion. Just not sure what the depth of our head coach is when it comes to building a SEC team. If I was the only one saying this, then that would be one thing, but I am backed up on that statement by coaches and media alike. Really hard for me to move on to the "progressive areas of our team" when looking at the "many different areas" that our head coach has faltered in/on.

Going with Wartdawg again . . . . No Excuses in 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67892 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Buc Wrote:

....Going with Wartdawg again . . . . No Excuses in 2015.

There should be No Excuses....14 years is an eternity in D1 college football,......But I'm also well aware of the rapid mobilization and deployment of the Anointed One's PR Machine....

Rather than "no Excuses in 2015"....I opt for "Accept No Excuses in 2015!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67893 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I'll settle for "Accept no TD:INT ratio less than 2:1" at this point. :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 11 months ago #67894 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs