Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 11 months ago #67907 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Believe wlayton has found his "island in the sky". Hope he doesn't drink too much cool aid. I just hope he has taken a hihitis (sp) & he is not ill. Give him time & he'll come around. I miss him also. Ttake care "big" guy".
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67908 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Another thought from me about the Friday BPS, yankeedawg1. You said . . . .

All driven by a OL with an attitude…thank you CWF….CRS keep us moving forward..plzzzzz

Folks, can see this one coming from a mile away. Bet here is that you see the same media BS forming.

Center position. Media trying to make a big deal out of the center position. While it is a big deal, does not need to be “messed with” like we are going to see soon. Going back to the “click talk” that yd1 mentions from time to time.

My take is this . . . . Either one of the two that will end up as our center or left guard, truly makes no difference to me. Satisfied with the fact that Kublanow and Wynn are both able to play “both positions”. That in my mind is a “win/win” situation.

Watching film on both, there are some differences. Both also have a “streak”. Neither one will roll over and play dead. That is a “Dog Trick”, DawgDoc as a Veterinarian has over the years watched the “Dog Tricks” in his clinic.

Will not take a pat on the back, did mention prior to Kublanow arriving on campus mentioned that he would be a real good candidate for the center position. Said the same thing about Wynn.

Ok, cut to the chase. Would like to see both of these players in the game at the same time. Reason . . . . Both working hard at “two (2)” of the same positions. What separates the two, beats the hell out of me. I would say from “outside the arena” Wynn can get to the linebackers quicker. Would say this about Kublanow, he is battle tested. Has lined up on the left side of “Boss”, has clearly heard the way Andrews both called and changed the blocking assignments. That is a plus+ for Kublanow. Another plus+ is the fact that we have two players that want to do this . . . . play. They will play their butts off. Two really good Dawgs.

Stop with this . . . . for now.

Practice makes perfect. There will always be errors, don't care what sport or position is discussed. Same is true in the business world.

I feel “GOOD” about the way Sales is handling the center position. Kublanow and Wynn will be “friends” not going to be separated by what the starting rotation is. Both will start, or . . . . play a lot of football. Why do I say that? Because Sales has that Alabama background that demands improvement and both of these young pups are doing just that. Team play. Believe both of these young men are team players. If not, Sales will move forward, much like Coach Will Friend did.

I remain amazed . . . . not true. The stoopidity of some of the crap that I read from "supposed" bloggers on other boards that really believe they understand football. Don't believe what I just typed, check what sadlerdawg has posted more than once about what he reads elsewhere.

End with this. Don't believe that Seth Emerson will live by the "rules" at the AJC. Do I really need to explain the "rules"? Not my thread, ask yd1, he knows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67909 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
thriller, went back and read the entire thread again, do that often. In your post #22 you covered what I was going to do with NC_Dawg's post. You covered it well.

Continue to scratch my head and wonder why some of these coaches make the money that they do. Actually the answer is simple. If the media gets on board with what is being presented, the greenbacks follow.

Simply amounts to this for me. The amount of talent that can be recruited in the Southeast, no reason for failure. So, the question comes up, what about the rest of the SEC teams? That is really easy to answer. Coaching.

At the beginning of the 2014 Season, could be wrong, but at one time I think there were 3 or 4 SEC teams in the running for the Final Four.

I read a lot of material that covers the entire country. One fact at this point stands out, to me anyway. Players want to "show" their "stuff" in the SEC.

urban meyer took a little "shine" off of the apple, but what he did was this . . . . opened eyes, not everyone's but those that want to win more than the East Side of the SEC. Not going to apologize for that statement, the head coach at the University of Georgia, says that often. Every year to be factual.

Mark Richt should step up and say that he was lost, again . . . . he was however "bailed out again". He has a serious Public Relations Group that understands how to move those that want to "retain their seats in Butts-Mehre".

Tell me again how Pruitt stepping up did not start the "football rolling" and improving our chances on the recruiting trail. Head coach has not answers, he does follow "instructions" well.

Hard to dismiss the fact that four(4) million dollars a year, along with investments don't have an effect on one's thoughts.

Public Relations Group was quick a couple of years back to mention that the head coach tried to move some of his money over to the assistants. Whether you believe me or not, have been there, done that, heard that . . . . Head coach is on a leash.

Take care of the plumbing Sir. Realize that you don't have to pass through the puddles, those that are responsible for your salary and the overall "health" of the program deserve more. I said that.

McGarity, what?
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67910 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Agree Buc. Both BK and IW will play and at the same time. ABH. Updated position chart has

BK. at center. Fine with IW at guard. Both will grow together. Confidence and depth

Don't sleep on GP and JT. They are picking up teachings from CRS. This group will get it done

There is the new Caterpillar plant here in Athens but the heavy duty road graders there over on

Sanford Dr. Also agree that CRS is keeping the cupboard stocked have some really big type

Uglies. Learning the ropes. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67912 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I thought about wlayton a few days ago. I reached out to him to see if I could get him to check in.

Did anyone see the news today about M&M firing a bunch of folks at a theme park and replacing them with foreign workers on visas? Maybe that is next for the Row. :whistle:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

8 years 11 months ago #67913 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
wlayton needs to get back in here . . . he knows sports, especially UGA, talks great football talk and disagrees with class.

M&M not only fired a bunch of people, but is replacing them with foreign workers at a lower pay rate and is requiring the exiting workers to train the newbies or they won't get their severance. When you do that, you KNOW you are the boss!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds