Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 11 months ago #67895 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Saw it posted on another site calling Ramsey an "Interception Machine", which we saw several times last season. Certainly not the same numbers as the Cavalier Cast-Off we've breathlessly chased....Perhaps if FB isn't planning on seeking greener grass there will be an opportunity!?!?!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67896 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
NC_Dawg have had similar thoughts.

This is something that gets my attention with the current head coach.

His ego has grown to a point that I think he is "too self assured".

AM traveling to other camps to "improve". Big word "improve", me thinks.

Wonder if our strong armed quarterback that was competing with and against AM back in the day had not gotten into a mess in South Georgia, would he have won the job?

Looking at the current "stuff" going on with our head coach . . . . Ramsey strong armed . . . . Bauta knows the playbook backwards and forwards. Looks very similar to something that we were very close to going through a short time back.

AM went on to set records with a "noodle" of an arm and a brain that absorbed everything.

Just my silly thoughts, but they belong to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, thriller, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

More
8 years 11 months ago #67897 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Buc,

Interesting read, brought back many memories, both good and bad. CMR has had his fair share of chasing the "cannons" when in reality, it's the ones with the strong minds that set records...David Greene, for instance,....not well known for his arm strength, but could make the ones that counted...and did....with great regularity. You mentioned AM....same story and I believe it was Murray that broke Greene's record for all time wins...

Lot of ppl look at the Stafford years fondly.....I'm not one of them! I look at those years and all that talent and think....DAMN!....Big cannon, noodles in the head, poorly coached.....opportunities lost....he bailed when the $$$ was right....Anyone believe we may see a repeat when/if the savior arrives?

Meh.....I'll shut up for now....Sun's out, the beer's cold and I'm going to take advantage........

Great weekend my brothers............

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
8 years 11 months ago #67898 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
YD1 said it all. Strange week. A lot of energy going into the QB stuff. PR machine polishing turds. :whistle:

"Enjoy the Belmont…come on American Pharaoh..I would like to see one more Triple in my life. Big pitcher of bloodies"
I see AP looking a bit like Secretariat did around the other horses. He might have the energy to make it around the long track.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

8 years 11 months ago #67899 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Buc you & I don't always agree, but I have to say "right on or far out" on your comment about BF. Knowing the play book backward & forwards means more to me than a cannon of an arm. Like the old song says you need know when to fold them & you need to know when to hold them. I believe that BF knows how when to pull it down & tuck the ball & run. The correct decisions make things happen in a positive way. I just lean more to the brainer person than the guy with the big arm. Old school thinking, then I am an "old fart".
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, NC_Dawg, Buc, swampdawg, growl

More
8 years 11 months ago #67900 by swampdawg
Replied by swampdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
This is way too much ego...
Recruits committing to UGA going to official visits at other schools? I say cut him loose. Give the next guy a chance. Tell him to go to the NFL or the back of the line. That would be the last time that happens.

There are a lot of good ball players out there that can keep their commitments. In life as well to their team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds