Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 11 months ago #67914 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Disney, flexing their muscle. They have one way, their way. Keep eyes focused on the SEC Network, M&M are all over that. Ratings through the ceiling. Soon they will have many very unhappy with the way they will "demand scheduling" as far as who will get "Live TV Time".

Lived in Central Florida for many years, same play, second scene.

Some probably get tired of the chatter concerning the head coach, but . . . . Watch the head coach "deflect skillfully" I might add, the questions concerning him passed along in "coach speak" to others.

Might notice in the video he addresses the "offense". For damn sure he does not meddle with the defense, leader on that side does not play by those rules. Cannot bring himself to say that he is the "weak link" on the coaching end. He is a front man. Said that. Definitely the type that Disney wants and employs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67915 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
This old timer is starting to get a picture in his head about where college football, SEC style, will be in 5 years. College ball is not for college students and alumni anymore. It's a ratings game on TV.

Buc on HC: " He is a front man. Said that. Definitely the type that Disney wants and employs." Yes Buc, management creep is underway. One by one they either sign on or sign off.

Who else is on the M&M payroll?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67916 by Buc
stevedawg, one or two to watch now will be CBS and Fox. No doubt that Disney has both in the crosshairs. Sighting in, much the same as one does with a rifle or handgun. At some point and it won't be that long, M&M will have their sights positioned and measured, for sure. Would love to see Fox get more involved.

Keith Rupert Murdoch is a strong willed and very successful Australian/American that does not bow to Disney. Fox has "brassies" and M&M are aware that Rupert Murdoch plays "tackle not touch".

CBS still has a portion of the SEC scheduling and M&M does not like that. Disney played the smart game again . . . . circled the wagons and took 99% of the SEC away from others.

You sir are 100% right, college football has left the station. ESPN will tighten their grip each and every year. They are in the game to win, win more money, spend less. Problem with that . . . . I know that we (SEC) sold out. Looks good now and the media is quick to announce that all SEC universities had a handsome payday because of the contract. Ever wonder where M&M came up with that money? Simple answer, the paying fans, you and I. They know and rates will escalate every year the contract exists. Fact.

Soon sadlerdawg, your warning some years back will be referred to by any of us that are still kicking. Not about education, about going to the playground and developing skills that keep many young men from getting a quality education that once upon a time meant something.

Long again, but there is more to come.

Taken from the link below . . . .

“The first 30 days was all capturing what I did,” the laid off worker said. “The next 30 days, they worked side by side with me, and the last 30 days, they took over my job completely.” To receive his severance bonus, he said, “I had to make sure they were doing my job correctly.”

lancasteronline.com/laid-off-disney-work...5d-6f82efec02a9.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67917 by Buc
Nearly fell to the floor when I read the short piece by Dean Legge below.

Watchful eye of MARK RICHT . . . . WHAT THE HELL does the head coach know about OFFENSIVE LINEMEN?

He is all knowing about SPECIAL TEAMS (Right?). At one time was going to learn the "how to" so he could teach our kickers "how to". This "Carney" is all about "self". Just when was it that he became "all knowing" about offensive linemen? Offensive line was pretty much a shambles prior to Searels and then Friend. What has he learned about Special Teams in 14 going on 15 years in Athens?

Now the head coach is/was the leader in the efforts to get the work started on the Indoor Practice Facility. Right?

Played or let me put it this way . . . . dressed out in high school, college and a less than quick look in the NFL.

Might not like this, but it is the TRUTH. The Second Coming of Bobby Bowden. A good man, cannot be denied. Stubborn, cannot be denied. All knowing, time for a change. Mark Richt is mimicking Bobby Bowden. Here is hoping that he ends up with the same ending at Georgia. Bowden family did a lot for Florida State University . . . . FSU did a lot for the Bowden family, not just Papa Bowden, the entire family gained many benefits from FSU.

Again, Mark Richt at best is a offensive coordinator. His best work is in front of the "tent".

ATHENS - Georgia offered one of the top young big men in the state on Friday - Cedar Grove OL Netori Johnson.

Netori Johnson is committed to Alabama, but confirmed his offer from the Bulldogs with Matt DeBary today. Johnson, a New York native, has recently moved into Georgia, and committed to Alabama on the spot. Georgia offensive line coach Rob Sale worked out Johnson extensively on Friday under the watchful eye of Mark Richt.

Public Relations is out in force, also forcing some of the media, maybe all to fall in line. It is known in Central Florida as the "Disney Way", not the "Georgia Way".
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 11 months ago #67918 by Buc
Probably some on this board have seen the link below, if not, take a good close look at the coaches and their end/current results.

After looking at the site below, I try and trace what I have seen in the past 14 years, this is the 15th year so don't have anything to "chirp" about at this point. Might have something to say this 15th Season, and believe it or not, good or bad will "speak up", never had a problem with that, you folks know. :whistle:

When I look at the results shown in the article, ask myself if what I am looking at "truly" represents Georgia Football for 14 years.

You guys see anything regarding "results" that I don't see?

I pose this question . . . . Are we any better off in 2015 than we were in 2001? Many like to slide back to the 2006/7 years as the beginning of the "fall". Here is the real question . . . . Has anything changed for the 2015 Season that has not been "messed with before"?

Will give a short answer from where I sit . . . . Nothing has really changed from the "Top". Like the head coach said in the video provided in this thread . . . . Willing to listen, as long as the downside falls at others feet.

McGarity making over 1/2 million a year, Richt now above 4 million a year. Question arises in my mind again . . . . What has changed in 14 going on 15 years. This is much too difficult a question for the AJC crowd to answer, me thinks.

Allow me this . . . . 4 and 1/2 million dollars in paychecks and we have pp on the deck, the deck that is not used by either of the two mentioned in the paragraph above. Repairs scheduled for late 2015, early 2016. Does that mean you and I should wear waders, much like we do when fly fishing when we are in Sanford Stadium? When the threat of a "lawsuit" hits Mahogany Row, pissers will be fixed, immediately.

All is well in Athens . . . . right?

If I offend you, take seriously what is being discussed, not what could or should happen two years down the road, talking about "CURRENT EVENTS". Those two words alone lose 90% of those that post to the "stoopid" stuff that the beat writers search for in the AJC BLOGS. If you read the "stuff" as I do, you either understand or . . . . you are reading this commentary on the wrong site/board. I said that, not finished with the "stoopidity" that is being handled by 4 1/2 million dollars of "LEADERSHIP"?

Just thinking to myself again, hard to close the "trap" when I see the University of Georgia being misused and in my mind "violated". Maybe it is my time to take a walk through the pp areas in Sanford Stadium and . . . . allow my attorneys to confront the 4 and 1/2 million brain childs(?) to explain why in a court of law or "settlement" why did we not "call a plumber? Just saying my friends.

www.teamspeedkills.com/2014/8/21/6052897...against-ranked-teams

More
8 years 11 months ago #67920 by Buc
yankeedawg1, of the eight horses running in the Belmont, none have run the 1 1/2 miles before. To me, that furthers what I hope is again a three time champ. Like you, love the "action at the tracks".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds