Forum

Speaking Of Recruiting,......

8 years 11 months ago #67812 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
And then there was this . . . . Answers a lot of SEC questions that are asked by us on Dawgs.com. Seems to be a lot of agreement coming from Steele.

www.sicemdawgs.com/2015/06/five-bulldogs...%28Sicemdawgs.com%29
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67813 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
It'll get worse, as the "Dawg Days" of summer drag on....Then the season will begin and we will likely be labeled "World Beaters".........until Satan's Pachyderms invade!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67814 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
For those following and/or interested in the SAGA that was the recruitment of Roquan Smith.........

Roquan Smith is officially a Georgia Bulldog

According to a facebook post by former Macon County linebacker Roquan Smith, it appears as if he is officially a Georgia Bulldog. He posted a picture of his UGA photo ID with the message "It's official and I'll be #3 instead thanks everyone for everything," indicated that he will be the one to wear Todd Gurley's number immediately after Gurley....

For more, see: Interesting # Selection !!!

Methinks this will set the stage for entirely different recruitment seasons to come...................

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67815 by Buc
Good get NC_Dawg.

Really like Jake Rowe. He is all about the University of Georgia. His name will grow because of his efforts in his chosen day to day work. Many folks in South Georgia are aware of Jake. Good friend of mine that played for VD and lives in Valdosta has mentioned Jake Rowe's name more than once. Nothing "fake" about Jake. :)

Truer words never spoken, you said . . . .

Methinks this will set the stage for entirely different recruitment seasons to come...................

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67816 by Buc
Started and erased an article I had written on punters.

Long and short is probably the best way.

Another area that our head coach needs to remove himself from. Remain in the front of the tent, on the platform and do what he does best.

SEC football is a special conference. For many decades those teams in the SEC with outstanding punters could guarantee themselves at least one win every year.

Alabama is coming to Athens again in 2015, they have a punter by the name of Scott, another area of SPECIAL TEAMS that Saban as a head coach understands. Punters for many years in the SEC have been a major difference in outcomes.

Below is what I believe could be the answer to our punting problems, and yes we have problems.

Head coach has sounded off recently about our punter, question is . . . . why at this late date? Same head coach that had a problem with Blair Walsh. Top five field goal kicker and kickoff man in the NFL. Seems to me that we place a lot of players in the NFL, as has been mentioned here several times. Question is . . . . What to do about it?

www.hudl.com/athlete/1851342/rodrigo-blankenship

Edit . . . . Rodrigo Blankenship does not have the "classic form" when punting the ball. What he has is tremendous strength in his leg. Will keep the opposing defensives honest, can and will run for a first down, if needed.

Edit #2 . . . . Only fair to present the "Saban evidence".

ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/freshman-punter...labama-secret-weapon

Edit #3 . . . . When you have a punter like JK Scott, takes away the things that Isaiah McKenzie can do. SPECIAL TEAMS. Young man for Colorado, not from Georgia. Nick Saban and Alabama have a long wingspan. Comes with "understanding" and "leadership". Some "understand" others don't leave "footprints".

Thanks again Coach Will Friend. Allow me this . . . . Why did Mike Bobo want Will Friend to go with him to Colorado? Why did Mark Richt come up with a team loaded with coaches that have been involved with Alabama football?

Come on guys, have we become a clone of FSU football, prior to Jimbo Fisher? Think about that, I do, often.

Anyone checked out the ratings by the "talking heads" this season? Where is FSU in the "recruiting wars?

Excuses don't work here. Where are you? Not calling you by name, but "you" know who I am talking about . . . . right? One of the best posters Dawgs.com has had, since I have been here.

Edit #4 . . . . We, you and I like where we are," (not now, but . . . ." takes winning at a "higher level" to keep the "engine moving down the tracks".

Yep, whether you like Jimbo Fisher and his program or not, he has this . . . .

www.google.com/search?q=jimbo+fisher+wit...dpIGwAg&ved=0CCsQ7Ak

247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Folks, there is a lot of talent in Florida, said that repeatedly. There is a lot of talent in Georgia, said that repeatedly.

We have a recruiting director by this name . . . . Bryan McClendon. BMac has a "foothold" in Florida. "I speak from what I know". Much is now being said about Thomas Brown down this way. There are several young men that every college football team in the country is aware of . . . . Somewhere around 2017/2018 we will be in the race, for this reason . . . . coaches that don't sit on their backside, go out and work for the gains they have made in their chosen line of work. More and more, Thomas Brown . . . . but more and more, Tracy Rocker. Our "footprint" has gotten larger.

Head coach, do what you do best. Don't need to say what that is "again", you know and most of us know what your "restrictions" are or should be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67818 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Amen.

CMR: "Remain in the front of the tent, on the platform and do what he does best." Figurehead. PR image. Leader. Whatever works for you. Just stay out of trouble and don't have to apologize.

And let the Big Dawgs play ball!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds