Forum

Speaking Of Recruiting,......

8 years 11 months ago #67806 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
"Check Chubb's chest and shoulders out, along with his hands. Trouble for any team facing him in 2015."

Buc, when I saw that photo, I was thinking the same thing. That is a LOAD. He's putting some work in with the weights!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67807 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
thriller, Herschel Walker was focused. Nick Chubb walking the same tight line.

I am also aware of Sony Michel. He will have an outstanding 2015, never a doubt. Young talent is focused and he will cause problems for those that we play when Chubb is taking a breather.

My opinion, Bauta at quarterback, Chubb and Michel both taking handoffs. Marshall in the slot, McKenzie at one wideout, Mitchell at the other.

Offensive line becomes 20% better with the above talent in the game.

This is also a year that Quayvon Hicks needs to impress. He is definitely what some NFL teams look for. He will be drafted.

Anyone mention lately that there is an abundance of talent in the Classic City?

Find a punter . . . . maybe the new kicker who also punts will be the answer.

Most unsolved areas of our football team, quarterback and punter. Mark Richt's area? Can't pass the buck to Schottenheimer. Just asking.

Tightends should have a field day. Blazevich is "all that". My opinion.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67808 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Buc, your post #62 is SPOT ON. I was going to quote your comment about the offensive lineup, but then kept reading. 100% agreement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67809 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Buc Wrote:

...My opinion, Bauta at quarterback,....

My brother, if you are hoping to see this, I'm afraid you'll be VERY disappointed....

Like last season when we collectively "screamed" for CMR/Bobo to play someone, anyone other than HM...did he?....And when CMR/Bobo did toss a scrap of playing time, who got it?....All this QB hype and mystery is just smoke and mirrors....Ramsey will be under center and we will rely heavily on our RB's, for it will be another year before the savior arrives....

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, ogredawg

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67810 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
NC_Dawg, little doubt from where I sit that you are right. Seems to be the patent answer coming from the media. Have to believe that some of the "chosen ones" get a little more "information" regarding player status. Works both ways, press needs the inside information and those that have the inside information need the media.

Also, cannot disagree with this comment . . . . All this QB hype and mystery is just smoke and mirrors . . . .

Knowing that some of what is said here gets back to Athens . . . . Just reminders from this board that we are paying attention to what is said and released by the head coach. Smoke and Mirrors . . . . sounds a lot like "Carney" talk to me.

thriller you played inside the arena as did many that post here. There are of course different arenas . . . . pee wee, high school, college and the NFL. Sometimes those that pursue coaching as a lifestyle seem to think they know about the game than many that played and chose other professions. That really pisses me off.

Takes me to this . . . . Can anyone that posts on this board regularly answer this/these question(s)?

If you are a tire changer in NASCAR and you don't get the tire on correctly, maybe missing a lug nut or two from being snug, the same tire has a problem and costs you and your team the race . . . . what happens? If that same tire changer does the same thing again in the same season, what happens? How many chances is the Crew Chief going to put up with? What if the same problem has occurred in different seasons?

If we have chosen a certain area that we want to make our living in just how many of these "errors" are allowed? Over what period of time. There are "short fuses" and some that are a bit longer, but the end result is the same. Car usually crashes and takes others out, and at the end of the fuse, that dynamite stick is going to blow.

Too many mistakes that have cost the Red and Black games that we should not have lost because of someone that thinks they know more about "playing in the arena" than you and I do. Duck called this behavior years ago, he and I had a disagreement, end result being . . . . Duck was right.

Anyone doubt for a minute that Faton at quarterback he would not put points on the board that maybe another quarterback would not? I don't doubt for a minute that the head coach has made some promises that he will keep. There was a big back and forth with Richt and Saban over Ramsey. Nick Saban was personally involved up to his neck in the recruitment of Ramsey. Fact.

Saban has proven to be a tireless recruiter, and his work ethic is the same when dealing with recruits that are already committed to Alabama, committed elsewhere or kids who are still on the market.

Before landing a pair of quarterback commitments for the 2013 class, Saban was hot on the trail of Kingsland (GA) quarterback Brice Ramsey—who is committed to Georgia.

Saban reportedly spoke with the prized signal-caller for roughly 90 minutes via Skype, and although the maneuver didn’t get Ramsey to switch his pledge, it showed that Saban will leave no stone unturned in his attempt to get the players he wants.

Just saying . . . .

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67811 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Speaking Of Recruiting,......
Trust me, I don't doubt for a second that Ramsey had the "tools" to get the attention of many D1 coaches. Same can be said for Bauta and Parks. My issue has been and continues to be our seemingly endless inability to be prepared for the next season. We waffle from savior to savior....Stafford, Murray and now Eason, but can't seem to pull together a qualified back-up, regardless to the number of "stars" they acquired before matriculating at UGA!

As I've said many, MANY times, lack of talent has never been the problem,....coaching up that talent,......decide for yourself. FTR: Anyone willing to believe that Eason is going to march into the Classic City and right all the coaching wrongs needs to YouTube Stafford and Murray's first season.....

To answer your question Buc, No....In any other sector inconsistent display of competency would result in a pink slip.....Mahogany Row isn't any "normal" sector and mediocrity still fills the stands, buys the merchandise and MOST IMPORTANTLY believes the annual hope and hype that flows from Butts Mehre....

GO DAWGS!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds