Forum

Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent

9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #67118 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
yd1, you were one of the first, if not the first to say welcome aboard to Rob Sales. That in my opinion plays to your character, also to your knowledge.

Really hoping that this group of coaches can work together. No different than our players working together. Truly believe and think I can safely say that has been missing from our coaching staff for too long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #67119 by Buc
Picked the following question/answer up from Seth Emerson's column just now . . . . 4:42 EST. Posted on his site a couple of hours ago.

Is the new starting center just as critical as the new starting QB?
- Keith Floyd

It’s important, but not as much as the quarterback.

Halfway through spring practice, it seems Isaiah Wynn (who will be a sophomore this fall) is being given every chance to win a starting job. He was first-team center in the first scrimmage. So far Brandon Kublanow, the normal starter at left guard, has only been given a brief look at center. He’s left-handed, which sometimes isn’t ideal for quarterbacks so used to right-handed centers. But if Kublanow were to get the job, Wynn would be a top candidate at left guard.

Still, don’t rule out Hunter Long, who will be a fifth-year senior this fall. He’s actually snapped in real games, though not many.

Seems the offensive line play "always" takes a back set to the "skill positions??" Many of the beat reporters take that stance.

Some day many of the beat writers will fully understand the difference between a "skill player" being all that, and those offensive linemen that make it possible for the "skill players" to grab the headlines and readers. Some outside of the click folks understand the game after being involved for many years.

Opinions, guess that is an area that makes college football so interesting.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #67120 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
Can't overstate the importance of the compatibility of our coaching staff. IMHO the lack of

A chest thumping big. ego coach is a huge plus.

CBS. and CJP have been seen chatting at length after scrimmage. Don't think the conversation was

about the weather......good to see the two sharing thoughts

Like the low chatter level from our players and staff..... busy taking care of business

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #67121 by Buc
Another player that came to Athens by way of Florida.

Keyon Brown.

Couple of us on this board talk about depth, building depth. If our depth is to the point that Keyon Brown does not get playing time, folks we are “loaded”.

Keyon Brown is a football player, way above average. A really good young man off the field with a lot of humility. On the field, nasty.

Another young player that folks tend to forget about, especially when recruiting season comes around. Soon, many that were recruited in 2015 will face off with the likes of Keyon Brown and others that I will mention in this thread later on.

Below is a video that I have posted here before. Lots of truth being spoken in the opening portion of the film. Keyon Brown's play on the field speaks for itself.

Ever get tired of finishing second in the “East” side of the SEC? I do. I also believe this . . . . the group of coaches on the defensive side of the ball come from a different place than our head coach. They are “driven”. Hope the transformation continues.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #67122 by Buc
Maybe some have watched this video, if not . . . .

www.georgiadogs.com/collegesportslive/?media=493894

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #67123 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
All I will say about G Day is that at the presser there will be a big table of kool aide for all to drink

:whistle:

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds