Forum

Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent

9 years 3 weeks ago #67112 by Buc
Hope to keep this thread on topic, much like the path we follow on ogredawg's game day thread.

Thoughts on personnel, position battles, overall offensive and defensive play.

Start with this . . . .

Mentioned coming out of high school that I believed Isaiah Wynn would at some point be our starting center.

First live scrimmage of 2015 noticed that Wynn was the starting center. Not sure just how much that means, after all it was the first serious pad work. I do know that Wynn has that "streak" that is referred to as "nasty". He also moves real well and in my opinion can and will get to the linebackers. Very important as all of us know when we will run the ball at least 50% of the time.

Folks that I chat with down my way say that Isaiah is in incredible shape. I do know that he is a very smart young man and football player. Brain and Brawn, hard combination to beat. Muscle counts, but center position requires more than blocking skills.

Posted a time or two that in my opinion finding a center is more important at this point than a quarterback.

Never know who or how many will enter into a thread. I figure to say more on different players prior to G-Day. Surely there are some opinions on this board that deserve "air time". Easy to watch a game and then post, little different when it is approached from a different direction.

Thoughts on what others post always proves to be thought provoking.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up!

www.hudl.com/athlete/1208883/highlights/31240375/v2
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, gregdawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67113 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
Buc can remember you speaking highly of Wynn early on..... CRS will find a home for him to play

Like spring camp being different I think the G game will be also....more of an opportunity to

Look at talent.......more about. Twos and threes than starters.... more depth

Ones will play....team. building.... fun....and. stay healthy. .. coaches watching...who makes

Plays. And.That leadership thing..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #67114 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
yankeedawg1, while on Isaiah Wynn notice in the Hudl video that Wynn played tackle and guard while in high school. Know that he had some very good coaching, and he played against talented teams.

Point I am trying to make is Wynn knows some about every position on the offensive line. If there is another player that has more talent than Wynn, only makes us stronger going into 2015 Season. Just a talented, hungry young man.

Wynn had some serious time under Will Friend, now he will get the same under new hire Rob Sales.

Below is a paragraph that I picked up elsewhere. Notice that Sales played both right and left guard and center at LSU. Now we have Sales giving Wynn a look at center in the first live scrimmage. Apparently our new offensive line coach saw something that got his interest.

As a player at LSU Rob Sales played in 35 games with 25 starts, including all 13 games in his senior year of 2002 at right offensive guard. As a junior he saw starting action at both center and guard when the Tigers won the SEC title and he played left guard as a sophomore, starting the final five regular season games as well as the Peach Bowl. In high school he was an all-state selection as both a junior and a senior at Neville. Sale earned his degree from LSU in 2003.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #67115 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
Lorenzo Carter he came in at 220 pounds know he's up to 243 says he more comfortable with knowing what to do and getting faster.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67116 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
Thanks Buc for sharing CRS. Creds. I like he has SEC game experience with a quality OL

Our players can relate and connect with what he is teaching. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregdawg

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67117 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
DWS read some of Jordan Jenkins comments about Lorenzo Carter.

Jenkins is one heck of a player, think he got the message when Pruitt and Company took over. He as much as said so himself.

Jenkins said he thinks that Lorenzo Carter will be one of the best ever. High praise in my way of thinking. There have been many that were "all that", and I am "hoping" that we see the same kind of attention being paid to LC as was paid to Jarvis Jones, drafted by Pittsburgh Steelers, 17th pick in the first round.

I remember many of your comments about Jarvis Jones. Reason I say I am hoping Lorenzo Carter gets the same attention from those we play, backs up what Jordan Jenkins is saying . . . .

Guess on my part, but believe LC will be moved around by Pruitt, same way Jarvis Jones was used. Quarterback has to have an eye on "talent".

Attachments:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds