Forum

Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent

9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #67130 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
growl, you are on course with your point of some now speaking to offensive line play and recruiting. Cut some of us "deep" when Coach Will Friend moved to Colorado. One thing for sure, Will Friend came, not a word mentioned about him other than a . . . . ok, so what. From where I sit, Coach Will Friend turned our program around.

growl, I do believe that Isaiah Wynn is our "center of the future". Along with Isaiah Wynn we have others in his class that are going to surprise many outside of Athens. This was a part of the "change" that an old fart like myself watched closely. Many on this board and others, along with the media remained caught up in the "skill position players". Read that language and want to barf. If Isaiah is not the "center of the future", I believe even more in the "direction" of the offensive line. He gets moved back to guard, there is a player on our team that has a reason to make the offense make that move.

Going to add another video of a player that myself and someone that I spend some time with believe is going to be "all that". One thing I do know Chief, there is a lot of talent at the present time on the offensive line. Not like before, players graduate, does not mean that we have to have players from the defensive side move over the offensive side. Truth is, that happened too often prior to Coach Will Friend. Glad to see you back Shipmate, will only say I hope your life is becoming more stable. :)

Plucked this from the article.

www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2...s-picking-uga-over-/

“I just wanted to evaluate Coach Friend as my position coach,” Sims said. “I just wanted to make sure that I would like playing for him for the next four years. Doing the camp give me a good feel on how things would go.”

At Friday's camp, Sims played mostly offensive guard but he could also play offensive tackle in college. "It doesn't matter to me," he said. "I just want to play wherever can get me on the field first."

Sims said he feels like another UGA OL target, Isaiah Wynn from St. Petersburg, Fla., may also be on the brink of committing to the Bulldogs.

Did not work out playing for Coach Will Friend for the four years, but my friend says to me that Sims is sold on Sales.

As yankeedawg1 suggested, watch Dyson Sims' "footwork". Ain't baseball but . . . . :)

www.hudl.com/athlete/1823951/highlights/28572373/v2
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #67131 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
Chief Growl. Spot on with your OL observation. Spread or Pro. "O" train doesn't leave the station

without the OL clearing the tracks.

If you can't sell optimism in the spring best find another field to work in

Be hard pressed to find any college team who does not pass out iced kool aid after their spring game

Eveyone is undefeated and has a summer to see if the dream comes true in the fall.

CWF. was the spark that started the "change" no question.... imo. The OL is in good hands with CRS

Excellent talent to coach up...... looking forward to having Blake Edwards start his college career

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampdawg

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #67132 by Buc
yankeedawg1, Nick Saban wanted Dyshon Sims, know that to be a fact. Not just "stuff" that the media feeds those that line up for the BS.

If we go back to Rob Sales moving to Athens, Sales says that while around the coaches from Alabama and LSU, they look for a particular height, weight, arm length.

Anyone interested in "real offensive line football", look at the video and look where Dyson's hips and feet are on the offensive line. Check out the guards next to him and look at the "same".

In my world, have to buy into Rob Sales becoming another fixture in the Classic City . . . . unless somehow McGarity gets involved and Richt forgets how to "stay out of the way". Not being ugly, being truthful.

Have not seen one of my favorites for a while, Wartdawg. Time is right for him, he will appear . . . . I hope.

Edit . . . . Rob Sales video, interesting. Sales says he knows "what they look like" . . . . luv it, he was "one of them". :whistle:

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #67133 by yankeedawg1
CRS. Comment about he knows what a SEC. OL. Looks like.... this grabbed me and made a believer

Out of me early on......how in the name off sweet baby ray can you recruit players if you don't know

what you are looking for? and not be shy about knowing what you are doing.....not a know it all

Just stating facts clearly. Said in a earlier post.....so glad we don't have any coaches with

bloated egos..... refreshing..... have not heard a word of coach speak this spring..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67134 by Buc
yankeedawg1, press not getting "coach speak" does not move their cause forward. Remember "Pouty" making an issue out of that a while back.

Do not believe that Pruitt and Company are going to be sitting around with the press, chewing gum and letting them know just how good they are.

Davin Bellamy. Young man originally was a FSU commit, then moved his talent to UGA.

Davin made a mistake after arriving in Athens. Young man gave a serious apology and it appears that he unlike some others that have passed through, meant what he said. Never again.

Bellamy and others are what "depth" can and should mean to the Red and Black.

If our talent plays up to expectations, this is a group on defense that will be a challenge for any team we play.

www.hudl.com/athlete/1906162/highlights/18680373/v2
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampdawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67135 by yankeedawg1
Good though on coach speak Buc. CJP. And company. Busy group. Can remember you

And Growl. Speaking about tight'n the hatches. Me thinks this group heard the message

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampdawg

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds