Forum

Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent

9 years 4 weeks ago #67124 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
CMR made choices as to his assistant coaches would be ...... to me he hired both head and heart with all his hires

And he knew going in that this group was results oriented. All come with a high drive to succeed .

Don't think for a minute he plans to hold a tight leash.....he knows it won't work.... and if that was his plan he would have made different

Selections. Go back and watch the video with CBS and watch his eyes....and his body language. There is a reason he crouches down...

I had a baseball coach who did the same....his answer.. wanted to see you make the play from your feet up.... get your feet right and your

Body is not fighting to make corrections. ... not many players in any sports who succeed without having good footwork

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #67125 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
yd1, post #13 says a lot.

Questions I ask myself.

I wonder if we would have this group running the defense had it not been for Coach Will Friend. Pose that a different way. If Friend had been employed by another university and they needed a seriously good hire to run the defense . . . . would Jeremy Pruitt be elsewhere?

Remembering some of the opening statements made when Pruitt was hired. Ends up that Pruitt had been to Athens with one of his high school players back in the day and in the same room with Mark Richt. In the press conference it was stated that Richt did not remember Pruitt. That is not a shot at Richt, just trying to point out that because of Will Friend being a part of the coaching staff, the Pruitt hiring happened. Other side of that same coin . . . . Richt is the one that reached out to Will Friend through a coach that previously coached in Athens.

Coaches are like birds of a feather, they stick together. Example of that Richt/Bobo. Saban/Smart. Nature of the business, not unlike business in the corporate world.

Nothing would suit me better than our head coach getting "in line" with the folks that he has hired. You said above . . . . Don't think for a minute he plans to hold a tight leash.....he knows it won't work.... and if that was his plan he would have made different selections.

ogredawg is right about the Kool-Aid. At Butts-Mehre, press conferences are handled in such a way as to not stir things up. Understandable . . . . however, if expectations are not met down the road, glasses of Kool-Aid are discarded, quickly.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #67126 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
Don't seem to remember any kool aid drinking on here in quite some time now. Maybe things will be good enough one day that kool aid will taste better :sick:

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #67127 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
a few here still sip it. Not the regular group but the "seasonal" ones and when the "going is good" posters. Still plenty who do not partake of this board certainly drink it by the gallon... :whistle:

Just wait until the season starts and we are undefeated going into the Alabama game...the kool aid will be rolled out by the barrel...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #67128 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
Truth ogredawg.

Guess the one thing that bothers me the most is some returning to the "well".

Nothing wrong with doing that except this . . . . refusing at some point to look at the "overall".

Read an article on another board 30 minutes or so ago. Owner of the site asking a question about Nick Chubb "carrying" our team in 2015.

Dude needs to read and pay attention to what NIck Chubb has said. Nick says plain and simply, does not work if the offensive line and others on the offense and "defense" fail to do their jobs.

This is not meant to be ugly, but it is what it is . . . . Chubb fumbled against GT, that was big. Michel, same thing.

Last time I looked . . . . 11 players on both sides of the ball for the Red and Black.

Personally feel that too many get caught up in what the "media" feeds them. Been there done that, don't like it.

On point, Sir.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #67129 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Board Thoughts on G-Day Game Talent
Buc,Ogre, what brightens my outlook lately is that our OL has improved to the point that folks on this board comment on the good work displayed, and the real competition in several OL spots. I am pleasantly encouraged that the center position could ignite the OL once again, even after the loss of such a strong leader. I am particularly looking forward to Isaah Wynn getting a shot, albeit a long one.

The offensive line has the chance now to be the strong point and point the way for this team. Whoever plays QB should be confident in his protection. I do like what I see, but a lot of work has to be done for all this to come to fruition. GO DAWGS!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds