Forum

A Realistic View -- UGA Football

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66394 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic A Realistic View -- UGA Football
Good Sunday morning Dawg fans...

In my previous post I did not mean to leave out the alumni that have to beat SC and FL. They did not get lost in the shuffle. It's just the pooch is the defining moment of all those games. I suppose all the Dawg fans will get pity this year. Good team, good fans. No cigar. Then management problems followed.

I don't believe for a second that airing out management (coaches and row)problems hurts recruiting one bit. It actually helps clear the air so recruits can see that we have a world class football program with a lot of opportunity for the players. A fan base that is huge and are loyal bulldogs.

What we have now is what we are going to the field with this year. There have been management changes and as usual a few player changes. Keep the pressure on management and support the team.

I see some of the board guys are drifting back to football talk instead of team management problems. Good. Others are keeping the heat on management. Good. Both groups overlap and both help the team.

Remember, the players ARE the story here. They put all in.

Pausing... thinking... I am looking forward to getting a new hat this year. :cheer: Go Dawgs!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #66396 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A Realistic View -- UGA Football
This board was all for and supported Mark Richt up until or close to 2005, in that area somewhere.

Since then this board has had much to say for and against. Open discussion board.

Totally agree with the comment above from stevedawg about "real football discussion" has not hurt our recruiting efforts. There has been more flack in the past three years than prior seasons.

Looking over the recent recruiting years, many smiling faces. This year (2015) for example . . . . right now ranked at #5 by the talking heads and media.

When taking a close look at the talent in Athens, hard to understand why we did not compete in the Final Four, not true, I do know why, and some on this board also understand.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66397 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic A Realistic View -- UGA Football
People may say what they will about the effects of open and honest discussion, but in my mind open and honest is always the best option. I want no part of a dirty little secret we all think but refuse to say.

Ultimately though, there is a profound truth to be found about the effects of open discussion. Ultimately, we will all come together behind this team when the season starts. We will love our players and support them as well as any other college football fan base. We will sell out Sanford Stadium, and scream like mad.

We will do all of that because the G on the side of the helmet is more important than any individual coach. The G is bigger than any issues we may have, (and all schools have them). The fans are here not because of any one person, but we're because of the G. We want players who feel the same way.

That's the message we send here, and that message appeals to the type of student-athlete we want.

Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 3 months ago #66399 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic A Realistic View -- UGA Football
Great post wartdawg!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More