Forum

A Realistic View -- UGA Football

9 years 3 months ago #66334 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic A Realistic View -- UGA Football
You think CMR's faith is a PR move on his part?? That is the biggest insult you have ever stated about him.....give it a rest.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #66336 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic A Realistic View -- UGA Football
Beating 'bama would go a long way to convincing me that things have changed.

Unless it's accompanied by the annual, sometimes twice annual, slip on a banana peel.... :woohoo:

More
9 years 3 months ago #66337 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A Realistic View -- UGA Football
According to the talking heads and media giants, the University of Georgia is the top rated football team in the East.

Many in the media say the only thing missing from Georgia being all powerful is . . . . a quarterback.

Missed many opportunities to gain quarterback experience in 2014, but it was a must to insure 10 wins. Hard for some to think outside of the box.

Would not close my eyes to the Tennessee game in Knoxville. Be interesting to see how Auburn returns. Tech rated higher for 2015 than UGA. ??? Question marks are for this reason . . . . WHY ARE WE WHERE WE ARE? Not enough talent on the football field or those that call themselves football coaches? They do coach football, some of them, but there is also a "grade level" for head coaches.

Agree dawgs_fans_dad, beating Alabama would be huge. One thing that I know about Alabama's head coach, Nick Saban. The night Alabama lost to Ohio State, he went straight back to work. Many talk about the money he makes, and again I ask . . . . what college would not hire him to coach their football team. Would have to rule Georgia out, we have this athletic director that does not move too far away from the vault.

Public Relations Department (one of them) waiting for that grand moment to allow McGarity to tell us abut the Indoor Practice Facility. Interesting to watch the PR releases through the athletic director.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66338 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic A Realistic View -- UGA Football
I don't not doubt the sincerity of Richts faith. I do know how the south works though and his faith complicates what should be an easy business decision. His faith makes him harder to fire given the mediocre results he has produced with top flight talent. It acts like a suit of armor deflecting much criticism.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66340 by Buc
A Realistic View -- UGA Football.

Got around to reading the site below and it is now 5:30 p.m.

I have to say this in no uncertain terms . . . . McGarity is totally f'ing lost. For what reason did those on Mahogany Row bring this second string administrative person to the Classic City? The gators ridded themselves of McGarity and then Muschamp. Both have failed miserably.

Say again my friends, those in power in Athens are not qualified and should not be hiring the likes of McGarity to have anything to do with SEC Football. That BS is on the "upper crust". Has been said and it will continue, there is a serious problem above the head coach and athletic director.

Those of you that don't like this line of thoughts, don't read. Also might think twice about breaking out the "crying towel" after another season that looks like the one that has been promised for many years . . . . "wait until next season". It is not the players, it is a lack of leadership. Continue to be fooled and led like sheep if that is a choice, just convince myself and others that our head coach and athletic director have the "know how" to improve our stock in the SEC. Do you not understand this yet? Yes I get emails and they are so full of it.

www.berniesdawgblawg.com/2015/01/theres-...ie%27s+Dawg+Blawg%29

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66341 by Buc
Let's give this another go. Remember the thread about whether or not members on this board want to retain Mark Richt as head coach. Take that a step further this time. Mark Richt for head coach and McGarity for athletic director. Don't want to vote, fine with me. Will post the results of that previous poll after those that read this post and either say, yes or no, or want to "wait another year".

Both need to leave. Now.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds