Forum

Auburn - can't stand um!!!

9 years 5 months ago #64605 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!

wlayton wrote: No, get Hicks off the field on kickoff returns.....he has no clue.

wlayton allow me this. Quayvon Hicks has been a second thought since the game against Clemson in 2013. Don't know the reasons, but do know that the young man has talent. This is not a shot at Mike Bobo, offensive coordinator. Beginning to believe after last weeks game Quayvon Hicks is a ME guy. His size and ability to catch the football, will be drafted by the NFL. NFL will get his full and undivided attention. NFL is all about business. Agree with you on Quayvon realizing that it is a team game.

Guess it goes back to what rockdawg said, get the damn Special Teams settled. Game against Kentucky goes to show that our head coach needs to realize how important Special Teams are. Say that because a fumble at the point in time that Hicks first miscued could have changed some things.

Overall, still have a lot of questions about what I "still see happening". Not going to be "ugly" . . . . yet. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64606 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!
Without a doubt the ST's are much improved from last few years but when you see boneheaded plays like Hicks made you simple need to put someone else in..

Overall I'm pleased with the ST's except for the punters......

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64607 by Buc
wlayton, Leonard Floyd can improve his NFL situation if he can understand that he needs to play the position. One thing to get to the quarterback, another thing when a running back or a running quarterback has some momentum when they try to turn the corner.

Watching Nick Marshall film, he loves to run from a passing situation between the left tackle and guard. Of course there could be a good reason for that. Last season he had Greg Robinson, 6'5" 332 pounds. Might be the best or one of the best SEC offensive tackles I have seen, ever. Bad dude with loads of talent.

Their left tackle this season as I mentioned earlier, Shon Coleman 6'6" 310 pounds. Holds on every play if he is close to losing the battle.

With Shon Coleman holding like he does, could cost Auburn the game. He cannot handle "speed".

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64608 by Buc
Hit a nerve with me wlayton on "punters". Someone needs to tell our head coach this . . . . our punters do not "Do it the Georgia Way". Did say that.

Punting is a huge part of Special Teams. Said that too.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64609 by Buc
Know that it is not fair to ask this question, will anyway.

Who do you folks think will be starting in the defensive backfield?

Pruitt, no doubt in my mind has been "all over" those that want to start this week in the defensive backfield. Under the lights, full house and a chance to see how they stack up next season. A lot of talent that has committed, no signed LOI's yet, but many recruits that want to play for Pruitt back there. Those coming in are basically "hand picked" by Jeremy Pruitt.

Might be that our defense will surprise us and Auburn. We will see. "If" we are not ready to play Auburn, there will be some serious changes in Athens for the 2015 Season.

I keep hearing that Tarvarus McFadden is still thinking about Georgia. Crossed fingers, you bet. Stay on him McClendon, he is all that, not for me to tell you, you know. "Get that raise yet?"

More
9 years 5 months ago #64610 by growl
Replied by growl on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!
What happened to JJ Green? Not a word about him for the longest time.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds