Forum

Auburn - can't stand um!!!

9 years 5 months ago #64601 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!
They have a lot of good weapons on O. If we are going to slow them down, it's going to take some disruption by our D. It can't all be fired up players and it can't all be audacious coaching. Need those two things to work together. Would love to see Ray Drew come out with a chip on his shoulder and show off some strength and speed. Would love to see LB stop the gaps at the line, not 4 yds downfield. Would love to see secondary play their hearts out and come up with some big plays. It will take Pruitt directing that symphony to rock Sanford Stadium.

PS Get ST back in synch. Saw some boneheaded plays last week overshadowed by IM's amazing performance. Someone tell Hicks that he does NOT have IM's moves! All he needs to do is catch the ball!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64602 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!
No, get Hicks off the field on kickoff returns.....he has no clue.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago #64603 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!
rockdawg, without saying "too much", I still have problems with our head coach and his approach to our Special Teams. Many have said this and I agree, would like to see one(1) coach responsible for Special Teams. McGarity said loud and clear to our head coach that whatever you need, ask. Would hate nothing worse than have a Special Teams mistake cost us in this game.

I am holding back, not saying some of the things that bother me more than others. Just don't see clear thinking when it comes to a Special Teams coach.

We have been better this season, but as you say, something is still not quite right.

Question rockdawg. With the possibility of Auburn's top receiver maybe sitting because of injury, how do we approach them? Let me start. Would like nothing better than having #84 playing SEC football as he has been taught this season, not like he was taught in the 2013 Season. Leonard Floyd could and should give Nick Marshall that "little something extra" that he has to be aware of. One more thingy, watching how both "starters" at that position can play, what prevents them from being on the field together at times? Have seen more than one game won with "unexpected" changes that are not on film.

Fully expect to see some changes in Jeremy Pruitt's game plan this week. Has to, and the same has to be said for Gus Malzahn. They faced off in the NC game last season, but they have also coached against each other in the Alabama/Auburn game prior to the 2013 Season.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64604 by wlayton
Buc, believe we will see a little more of Floyd against this type of offense. Carter will play as well but believe he is better against teams that can run downhill at you. Floyd is so quick, he may handle any finesse plays a little better imo.....plus his pass rushing ability on Marshall.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago #64605 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic AssBurn can't stand um!!!

wlayton wrote: No, get Hicks off the field on kickoff returns.....he has no clue.

wlayton allow me this. Quayvon Hicks has been a second thought since the game against Clemson in 2013. Don't know the reasons, but do know that the young man has talent. This is not a shot at Mike Bobo, offensive coordinator. Beginning to believe after last weeks game Quayvon Hicks is a ME guy. His size and ability to catch the football, will be drafted by the NFL. NFL will get his full and undivided attention. NFL is all about business. Agree with you on Quayvon realizing that it is a team game.

Guess it goes back to what rockdawg said, get the damn Special Teams settled. Game against Kentucky goes to show that our head coach needs to realize how important Special Teams are. Say that because a fumble at the point in time that Hicks first miscued could have changed some things.

Overall, still have a lot of questions about what I "still see happening". Not going to be "ugly" . . . . yet. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago #64606 by wlayton
Without a doubt the ST's are much improved from last few years but when you see boneheaded plays like Hicks made you simple need to put someone else in..

Overall I'm pleased with the ST's except for the punters......

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds