Forum

Contract Talk for Mark Richt

9 years 6 months ago #63166 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: If they win the East-Yes

If they don't win the East-No[/quote

I'll go a step further, If you are talking about after 2017, you better throw a few SEC Championships in there before we arrive at 2017.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63167 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
I would not extend his contract. If you want a team that most of the time will be competitive he is your man but I do not see UGA ever be a dominant team while he is the HC. IMHO When we loose it doesn't bother him that much not saying he doesn't want to win but there is a difference in how you handle it. Most great coaches hate to lose and it makes them mad when they do. With ours we get aw shucks we'll get them next time. I have the upmost respect for him as a man but as HC not so much
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, TN Dawg, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 6 months ago #63168 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
No,..........
No,........
No,......
No,....
No,..

NO ............

Oh,......Did I forget to say NO !!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 6 months ago #63169 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
Brothers allow me this.

Over and over I have read comments from around those that are SEC supporters saying this . . . . Nick Saban is referred to as Nick "Satan". My money would go in this direction . . . . those that say that (for the most part AJC types) would sell their souls to have Nick Saban coaching Georgia. Again, that is my belief. Nothing carved in stone.

I have read quotes from Mark Richt when he is asked at the beginning of each season, what are your goals . . . . normally Mark says winning the East in the SEC. All I hear when Nick Saban speaks is, National Championship. What does that say to me? Tells me that there is a huge difference in coaching philosophies separating a very successful Alabama program and a middle of the road Georgia program.

If we set the bar at 10 feet, Nick Saban is all about 10 feet. Mark Richt is not ready for that, even after 13 going on 14 years as head coach at Georgia he is not able to reach or talk about the 10 foot mark. Believe Richt said at the beginning of this season (2014) that we are going to try and win the SEC East. Says that every year. There is a pattern here, know that I am not the only one that sees and hears that. Not being ugly, basically trying to discuss and get true thoughts about our program.

Alabama wins because they set their goals at 10 feet. That my Brothers has been going on for years, under different coaches. Did not start with Nick Saban. Below is a video that was recorded for a incoming "freshman class" at Alabama. The coach, well, watch the video and what is said.

One more thingy . . . . McGarity and those in the "Group" raising ticket prices again. Surely it is not about the money . . . . right?

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63170 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
I'm with you NC_Dawg!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63173 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
Something else that gets my attention. Mike Bobo is our offensive coordinator, and our quarterback coach. Since Bobo was given the title of offensive coordinator, has anyone looked at the problems we have had at the quarterback position?

We run the pro style offense and just exactly where are we at when looking at the quarterback position in 2014? What could be a problem at the position . . . . just pop up this season? Check what has happened since Bobo was given the title of offensive coordinator. Is that harsh? It is if you can live with the fact that even though we had AM for a long time, one would think that our quarterback coach would be further along.

If Mike Bobo felt he had the quarterback position covered, so we could win what Mark Richt refers to every year as winning the East, it has to be explained to me in great detail what Bobo has to say about our place in the SEC now. What are the questions coming from the press and other media sources? Probably most of the conversations after the greatness of Todd Gurley, focus concern on the player that is considered by most to be the leader. Play does not start until the quarterback "barks".

As an offensive coordinator, I truly believe that Mike Bobo is chasing his tail. One thing for sure, a lot of Georgia supporters have their eyes fixed on the rest of this season. One positive, we don't have to face Steve Spurrier again.

Tried my best to get on board with Mike Bobo, but I am beginning to believe that sadlerdawg and ogredawg are spot on. I say that for this reason . . . . with the talent that is on campus, and the way we recruit, we should put points on the board. For damn sure we should have a passing game.

Have to say this . . . . Saban hired Kiffin, many wanted to say that Saban had lost his marbles. Alabama with Kiffin is going to do some things that have not been done in Tuscaloosa, ever. Nick Saban really understands what it takes. Also a shout out to wlayton, he understood that Derrick Henry was "all that" some years back. Henry in my opinion will cause "huge problems" for Ole Miss on Saturday. This is the kind of game that a "real offensive coordinator" like Kiffin proves the point that Nick Saban made when he hired the brash young man. By the way, appears that the "quarterback position" has been resolved in Tuscaloosa.

Here is where I am at. Nick Saban has the defensive coordinator that he wants, now he has the offensive coordinator that he wanted and got.

Takes me to this . . . . Saban is head and shoulders above Mark Richt. That also is not ugly. If anyone has a problem with that, proves to me that 8 win seasons are acceptable to those that hate to admit something is not quite right in Athens.

Correct me if I am wrong. The talking heads said that Georgia would be one of the final four.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, dawgs_fans_dad

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds