Forum

Contract Talk for Mark Richt

9 years 5 months ago #63160 by Buc
Contract Talk for Mark Richt was created by Buc
Knowing that there are differing points of view on this board, and I think that is a good thing. Allow me to ask this question. Not looking for answers, just some things that I often think about.

If Mark Richt's contract was to end at the finish of the 2014 Football Season and none of us know how 2014 will end, wins and losses. We can speculate, but that moves away from what I am going to ask.

Ok, again. Mark Richt's contract is up . . . . would you sign on for another 14 years under Mark Richt? Mark is still a relatively young head coach, so at least 10 years is possible.

This is not being ugly, feel it is appropriate to ask such questions. I feel that you and I "should" have "some say" when it comes to our football program. Should decisions be made solely on how much capital is generated? From where I sit, that has become the real truth about our program in Athens and the way it is being run.

This is what I know. Mark Richt's contract goes through 2017. The board approved an increase in Richt's base compensation from $2.81 million to $3.2 million in 2013 and added a year to his contract, taking him through 2017.

Does Mark Richt have the leadership qualities to improve over the past 13/14 years? Are we satisfied with the overall performance under Mark Richt's guidance?
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #63161 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
In light of M&M:
Buc said "Are we satisfied with the overall performance under Mark Richt's guidance? "

Are we sure he is guiding or just a show Dawg? I hear a lot about D and O coaches and play calling mistakes. Just wondering who is steering the ship.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Rdawg

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63162 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
stevedawg, great question.

Add this, M&M has a seat reserved on Mahogany Row.

Most or many folks on this board and others basically saw VD as a top notch coach. Now we have the press, and other media types trying to compare Richt and VD. My comparison goes along this line. VD started in 1964 and made some improvements. Mark Richt started in 2001 and made some improvements.

Herschel Walker won the only National Championship under VD.

Whether or not Todd Gurley is or is not as good as Herschel Walker, Gurley is the heartbeat of our football team, and for good reason. Same can be said for Herschel Walker. Herschel has recently expressed his views of Todd Gurley, that pretty much says it all.

Sometimes there are those of us that are easily led from year to year. There are also those, some on this board that have had enough of being led year to year. We all know of whom I speak. The one thing that allows us to be led is a "powerful" public relations group. Now we have the most "powerful" public relations group that is in bed with the SEC, including Georgia that will make it just that much easier to keep us in line.

Back to the subject. No I do not believe that Mark Richt will ever win a National Championship as a head coach. He has the National Championship ring from FSU, but 14 years later . . . . at Georgia ?

Feel like I am presenting the truth. It is the truth from where I sit.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63163 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
would not call VD a top notch coach...good would be more like it....now CMR would may be just a hair over adequate but I would not say "good"

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #63164 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
If they win the East-Yes

If they don't win the East-No

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63165 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
VD: Does having Hershel on your team make you a good coach? No. Using Hershel's talent intelligently is what you need. But realize this, Hershel can succeed without any help as long as he is in the game. So which is which?

CMR: Having Gurley and not beating SC is still in my mind. Tired of "wait till next year".

If it was up to me we would have waited to see how things go before raises and extensions. You don't want the head coach too comfortable and not feeling the need to go the extra mile so he can get a contract extension and raise.

No

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds