Forum

Contract Talk for Mark Richt

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63187 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
Personally feel that whoever replaces Mark Richt will have to have some of the showman characteristics. Have to have an "out front man" to get the outsiders into the tent. Mike Bobo is not covered up with personality.

Don't see Mark Richt leaving after the present contract is finished. Would not be surprised to see Jeremy Pruitt leave. Strong recruiting year going into 2015, talent already in Athens. Pruitt will be the one to leave, will have another strong defensive unit when his contract expires, strike while the fire is hot.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63200 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
Buc,

My answer to your original question is NO as well; I'm ready for a change at Head Coach but it will have to wait until 2017 barring a major change of plans from either CMR or the ADMIN. In lieu of knowing this, I plan to support the Dawgs to my fullest ability & enjoy each second of Georgia football because I have literally a 0% stake in deciding CMR's retirement &/or replacement date.

That said, I really don't get the Bobo bashing by some in here based on the 2014 season (NOT the past) except for the last drive of the USC game on 1st & goal from the 4 yd. line which has already been discussed here ad nauseum.

I'm far from Bobo's #1 fan & if you sit in or near Sec. 326 at Sanford you've probably heard me yell "COME ON BOBO" at least once per game for nearly the past 10 years now.

In my opinion, Bobo has done a great job of recognizing the strength of our team thus far is definitely the power running game & not the passing game much to my pleasant surprise; hence Bobo has called 171 rushes vs. only 98 passes (64%/26%). He's ALWAYS been too pass happy in his tenure for my liking.

Also, in the 1 game we LOST, I would assign blame to the 3 phases in the following order from most culpable to least culpable as follows:

1) Defense - Gave up 38 points & 4 TD drives of 75 yds. / In the 1st half alone, gave up 24 pts. & allowed USC to control the clock to the tune of approx. 18 min. vs. only 12 min. for UGA's O.
2) Special Teams - Missed 2 FGs (1 - 44 yds. / 1 - 28 yds. aka a chip shot)
3) Offense - Yep, should have scored a TD after the D created a TO & gave us a 4 yd. field but the O scored 35 (ST should have made it 38 if not 41) & only PUNTED 2 times out of 10 offensive possessions. I'd take that punt ratio ALL YEAR LONG if offered & would be seeing all of you in the Playoffs!

For the 2014 season our O has the following stats:

45.3 pts. per game - 2nd most game in the SEC behind only TxA&M
300.3 rushing yds. per game - 2nd most in the SEC behind only Arkansas
463 total yds. per game - 8th most in the SEC due to low Passing yds. per game (can't wait to see MM & JSW on Sat.)

Not seeing MUCH to yell at Bobo about in the above figures. Sure, if the passing game doesn't improve w/our WRs FINALLY healthy (fingers crossed) then maybe I start to raise my concerns about our OC; then again if HM starts misfiring passes to wide-open WRs I'd venture to say we have a QB problem more than an OC problem...just MY 2 cents

GO DAWGS!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 6 months ago #63202 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
GooseDawg78 good post peel the onion and you see there are many moving parts to make it all work

A bunch more football to be played this year

There will be time to ponder all this come the off season

Mean while..... Go Dawgs Understand there is zero pink paint left at any of the Athens 2 Walmart's

Pink Out at Sanford.... as my wife is a two time breast cancer survivor could not be prouder

Good to hear from you Goose don't stay gone so long.....please

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 6 months ago #63205 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
Goose, first things first. Excellent post, backed up with some statistics. Sometimes numbers are good, other times it leads to the same ending.

From all that I can gather posting and reading every post on this board for a long period, you and TN Dawg appear to me as the two that spend those Saturdays in Sanford Stadium and more than likely in the Classic City. Much to be said for attendance, that is the one thing that is needed by the Group.

Just a short thingy on the Group. When controversy seems to start, the Group is quick to remind us how successful Georgia is monetarily. That is all well and good, but I for one don't agree with how the coin is handled by the Group. I have done a lot of research in that particular area and it always comes back the same way, the Group wins, the backbone of the entire operation (fans) are always second. There will be more on this later on. Promise, because there is a lot more.

Goose, in a large portion of my posts I use the word leadership. While we all do things in our youth, that is called "growing up". When I entered the service, found out real quick what "growing up" meant. Being responsible, that comes from good leadership. Lessons learned in the service served me well, both as a person and as a successful businessman. I use the term successful because it is the truth, I earned the respect that came with it.

Over a lengthy period of time I have differed with some on this board about Mike Bobo. At the beginning of this season looked as if Mike Bobo was going to be on top of things, and as you mention, then came South Carolina and 4 yards. Took me back to Atlanta and 5 yards.

My biggest concern and I have said this more than once. Mark Richt is the leader. Seems we never have both sides of the ball on the same page. Our recruiting is strong in some areas, but over the years the offensive and defensive lines are in my opinion been ignored, more than once. Goose, I pull this up from your post, think it goes hand and hand with what I just said. In my opinion, it is Mark Richt's responsibility to lead, sorry but I just don't see leadership qualities on par with many other universities, even some high schools, which I follow closely. We often hear how he is a leader with young men, one of his things in the living rooms of the recruits is speaking to the Moms about leading their sons in the right direction. I am an old peddler, I understand in certain situations what it takes to gain ground.

1) Defense - Gave up 38 points & 4 TD drives of 75 yds. / In the 1st half alone, gave up 24 pts. & allowed USC to control the clock to the tune of approx. 18 min. vs. only 12 min. for UGA's O.
3) Offense - Yep, should have scored a TD after the D created a TO & gave us a 4 yd. field but the O scored 35 (ST should have made it 38 if not 41) & only PUNTED 2 times out of 10 offensive possessions. I'd take that punt ratio ALL YEAR LONG if offered & would be seeing all of you in the Playoffs!

Mark Richt is in charge of the Georgia Football Team, both sides of the ball. Takes leadership to accomplish and reach certain heights. In my opinion, we have not done that, and I am going to bring up again, Mark Richt is in his 14 year at Georgia.

Jeremy Pruitt's defense has floundered in certain situations. I would remind one and all that this is year (1) for Pruitt and from all I hear and see, he has worked wonders on the recruiting trail. If we look closely at those that he wants on the defensive side of the ball to run his style, don't look like grantham's at all. Maybe after Pruitt's third year and things have not improved, he will get the same treatment as other coaches get and in my opinion deserve.

In truth, not really yelling at Mike Bobo, trying to get someones attention when it comes to Mark Richt. Leadership is paramount from the top. In my particular branch of service we had Admirals and Seamen. Leadership was expected from the Admirals, change that, demanded from the Admirals. Nick Saban is in my opinion an Admiral.

Stop with this. There is a group that has run Georgia football for more years than most can imagine. The Group concerns itself with one thing, putting coin in the till. If that is their only job, we can drop the thoughts of ever playing in a National Championship. The Group wants fans to come to Athens on Saturdays and support the Red and Black, and don't forget this . . . . spend money.

Thanks again for your post. This is an open board for all to embrace the way they feel about Georgia and how we see the operation overall.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63222 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
Buc & YD1, thanks for the kind words.

This board is the best place I read about all things UGA by far (thanks SteveDawg)! Of course, all of us don't always agree w/everything that is wrong or maybe even a few things that are right with our football program but I enjoy reading everybody's thoughts & insights nonetheless.

Buc, after reading your above post, all I can say is AMEN!

The Group wants money, money, & more money. Unfortunately, they already have my money from my season tickets purchase but they won't be getting an extra dime from me today at the concessions stand or in downtown Athens because I gave away my Vandy tickets to a friend & his 2 kids.

I want to be at the game, it's a beautiful Oct. Autumn day no dobut but I am road weary from my traveling job that has had me on the West Coast the past 12 weeks & as I'm sure many of you guys can relate, my wife is trying to drag me to a wedding later today! If I were president of the Confederate, weddings would be banned between the last Sat. in Aug. & the SEC Championship game Saturday in December-one can dream, right?!

But I digress, the Group in Athens makes me sick but I doubt I'd feel any differently towards the Administration if I were a fan of any other SEC school. Like politicians, they are all greedy & power hungry IMO.

As for CMR, after years of reading this board here, I'd say we are nearing a consensus in thinking that CMR is not as good of a coach as he is a good person. As for being a great leader, I'm sure there are worse but he's no leader Buc, we can all see that, he's just kinda MEH to me.

Still, even though our football program is badly lacking in strong leadership from the top, we still have loads of talent & I still believe Jimmy's & Joe's trump X's & O's, not always but more often than not. Also, I am confident that our overall coaching staff has received major upgrades in the past several years (especially on D for 2014) & man oh man, we are recruiting lights out for 2015 & already have some verbals from several 2016 studs.

Buc, I read somewhere recently (Maybe this thread?) where you stated for I believe the first time in writing that you simply do not feel that we will ever win a NC with CMR at the helm. I was disheartened by your statement but quite frankly I can't blame you one bit for feeling that way.

As for this year, I am anxious to see if HM can get some rhythm going with his best WRs on the field today. If so, I like our chances in the East this year but our D has to get a lot better at pass defense by the Mizzou game. Lastly, depending on Ramsay or Bauta talent & development, I still have high hopes for big things from UGA in 2016 but like every fan everywhere, yeah, I am losing patience & want to win now! Time will tell though, it always does but for now, JUST BEAT VANDY!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 6 months ago #63244 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt

GooseDawg78 wrote: Buc,

My answer to your original question is NO as well; I'm ready for a change at Head Coach but it will have to wait until 2017 barring a major change of plans from either CMR or the ADMIN. In lieu of knowing this, I plan to support the Dawgs to my fullest ability & enjoy each second of Georgia football because I have literally a 0% stake in deciding CMR's retirement &/or replacement date.

That said, I really don't get the Bobo bashing by some in here based on the 2014 season (NOT the past) except for the last drive of the USC game on 1st & goal from the 4 yd. line which has already been discussed here ad nauseum.

I'm far from Bobo's #1 fan & if you sit in or near Sec. 326 at Sanford you've probably heard me yell "COME ON BOBO" at least once per game for nearly the past 10 years now.

In my opinion, Bobo has done a great job of recognizing the strength of our team thus far is definitely the power running game & not the passing game much to my pleasant surprise; hence Bobo has called 171 rushes vs. only 98 passes (64%/26%). He's ALWAYS been too pass happy in his tenure for my liking.

Also, in the 1 game we LOST, I would assign blame to the 3 phases in the following order from most culpable to least culpable as follows:

For the 2014 season our O has the following stats:

45.3 pts. per game - 2nd most game in the SEC behind only TxA&M
300.3 rushing yds. per game - 2nd most in the SEC behind only Arkansas
463 total yds. per game - 8th most in the SEC due to low Passing yds. per game (can't wait to see MM & JSW on Sat.)

Not seeing MUCH to yell at Bobo about in the above figures. Sure, if the passing game doesn't improve w/our WRs FINALLY healthy (fingers crossed) then maybe I start to raise my concerns about our OC; then again if HM starts misfiring passes to wide-open WRs I'd venture to say we have a QB problem more than an OC problem...just MY 2 cents

GO DAWGS!!!

Goooooose......simply spot on imo. ;)

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds