Forum

Contract Talk for Mark Richt

9 years 6 months ago #63247 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
Goose purposely held off from replying to your post, and as wlayton said "spot on".

Know that recently I have "exploded" more or less about the Group. Truthfully some of what I have said about the Group I have kept close to my vest.

This is a football board basically as most boards are when the University of Georgia is the subject.

It has gotten to the point with me that things being better next year or the year after concern me.

Appreciated your comment about me having "other thoughts" about ever winning a NC under Mark Richt. I so wish that statement was false, but in my heart, just have serious doubts.

Goose I posted a couple of videos of Mark Richt's post game comments. Maybe it is just me, however the comment Mark Richt made in the video about "not knowing" that Justin Scott-Wesley would not play, floored me. Maybe that is nit-picking on my part, but I cannot believe that a head coach in the SEC would "not know" that. Mark Richt made the statement that during the weeks practice he thought JSW would probably play and Malcolm Mitchell might be the one to wait. Small things . . . . maybe. There seemed to be confusion during the week between Mike Bobo and Mark Richt as to whether either one of the two would play.

Goose you said . . . . Buc, I read somewhere recently (Maybe this thread?) where you stated for I believe the first time in writing that you simply do not feel that we will ever win a NC with CMR at the helm. I was disheartened by your statement but quite frankly I can't blame you one bit for feeling that way.

Recently I have said that more than once. Would rather not, but a lot of frustration has built up with some of the things that I know are going on in Athens and other places that never reach the print or media in general. So, I say this . . . . those in the print and other media positions know where their bread is buttered. Want access, have to "follow the rules" whether they like it or not.

Thanks again for your comments, you know my feelings toward you and your position on this board.

Just a small piece about football between the Hedges. We have a quarterback that has three (3) dimensions to his game. I look around the SEC yesterday and see winning quarterbacks that do more than stand tall in the pocket. I remember that you and the better half are closer to two different SEC teams, and that can be tough. :) Nick Marshall is tough and has "wheels".

I understand now that as ogredawg said recently that Ramsey is our next quarterback. Don't have a problem with that, just have a hard time understanding what has changed with Faton Bauta. Personally, both Mike Bobo and Mark Richt were pro style quarterbacks when they played the position, feel strongly that is one of the reasons we are so dyed in the wool to continue that line of preparation.

Mike Bobo is showing a little bit of the "Auburn" look, takes me to this . . . . While many fans like to see Todd Gurley taking the snap, I would much rather see Faton Bauta taking the snap with Gurley, Douglas, McKenzie and Michel when healthy in the same backfield, or spread. My question is this . . . . Does anyone believe that the talent that is in Athens is being used intelligently? The play with Todd Gurley passing the ball, glad it worked. In my mind, that was a public relations move, and in the video Mark Richt said during the practice prior to the game, passes did not look good. I encourage all to watch the videos that are posted on this board with Mark Richt's post game comments.

Goose, took us years to get the head coach to understand that we needed offensive linemen, not switching them back and forth from offensive line to defensive line play. These are some of the reasons that cause my frustration.

Will stop with this. Todd Gurley cannot throw a football for distance or accuracy that would come close to what Faton Bauta CAN DO. Still believe Faton Bauta will leave. Too bad that he has lost time to play because he has been on the field a couple of times.

I do have this to say to Mike Bobo. Real "cute" putting Faton Bauta in for "one play". Cute like the 4 yard line in Columbia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63248 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
Surfing around on the computer this morning and read this on different forums.

-Bama coaches are not playing the best qb, Saban plays not to lose and causes the loss, the team takes on his persona and doesnt play relaxed.

-Tennessee fans not real happy with their coach. Honeymoon is over.

-Didnt go to a gator site, no need to.

-LSU fans not happy with Les Miles.

-USC fans saying SS doesnt understand the game any more. Its passed him by. He lost his coach on the field CS from last year, and his flaws are showing. Doesn't call the right plays. Loosing to Vandy or KU is unacceptable.

Just kind of funny reading all this. SEC is changing with teams that used to be easy wins getting better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #63249 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
Forgot a few things...

Bama has lost to the last three ranked teams they played. One guy is calling Spurrier SOS. That is kind of funny. SC coaches are not playing the best qb. Also some guys on the UT site saying they should bring fulmer back. They did screw up when the ran him off imo.

Sorry for high-jacking this thread talking about other schools. I think im done...

More
9 years 6 months ago #63259 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
I would like to see Bauta get a play or two as well; give the D something else to think about.

As for the Head Coach NOT KNOWING that his most talented WR is not available...
I just shake my head too Buc :huh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63273 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
I don't put much into that comment by CMR about S-W....he could be saying that it was a "game time" decision by Courson and he didn't know until right before kickoff...or something in that order. Think we are over reacting on that one.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago #63278 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Contract Talk for Mark Richt
Too many free passes have been issued over the past 13/14 years. :whistle:

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds