Forum

From Athens - 29 Days until GDF

9 years 9 months ago #61571 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
Great Friday post, yd1, as always.

Looking at the offense and defense:

Offense:

I have only one "concern", and it's not that bad - how will Hutson Mason do with all the responsibility on him? I say it's not that bad because he's already done the job and proven he can handle it. Elsewhere on offense - WE ARE STACKED!!!!!!!!! For the first time in a LOOOONGGG time, I can't remember having a QB so surrounded by so much quality. Conley, Mitchell, Bennett, Scott-Wesley, Rumph, and on and on. Gurley, Marshall, Michel, Chubb, Turman, Douglas, and on and on. WE WILL MOVE THE BALL AND SCORE. If our coaches have developed ANYTHING LIKE a KILLER-STEP-ON-YOUR-NECK-BREAK-YOUR-WILL-TO-CONTINUE-OUT-SCORE-YOUR-BUTT attitude, they at least will have the talent to exert their will on ANYONE. Just ONE THINGY - Stay healthy, DAWGS.

Defense:

I am more concerned here, but almost exclusively with the safeties. At corner, with Bowman, Dawson and Swann, and who knows who else could step in (Malcolm Mitchell can do well if needed), I'm not too worried. Across the line I think we have plenty to be happy about, with Atkins, Bailey, Drew and some quality new kids coming in, I think we can stuff most lines. The linebackers are flat out STUDS. If CJP can find strength and depth at safety, I'll feel MUCH BETTER.

My offensive break-out player for this year = Hutson Mason. I'm not choosing anyone else, because nobody else could be considered "break-out". We're just TOO STACKED on the "O"!!

My defensive break-out player for this year = Damian Swann. I think he'll finally figure it out and become a Champ Bailey/Tim Jennings-like corner.

Wow - I haven't had these rose colored glasses on for a long time - everything looks so great! And that Kool-aid is SWEET! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61572 by thriller
yd1, I was not aware of JSW being out - I'm not keeping up as much this year as in previous years. However, Reggie Davis provides a deep threat and Jay Rome can do the job to help out. I feel good on offense.

(Wow - I forgot how good the Kool-aid tastes!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 9 months ago #61573 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
Thiller. JWS. Sits one game for using weed back fir USC. Means somebody else will

Get to play. Mightbe a game were TE or are new H back gets to shine. GO dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61574 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF
Thriller, good to see your return. Do have a question . . . .

Describing the offense, which you did well in post #7, did not see a single reference to the "offensive line". Realize that I "beat" on that often. Curious. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61575 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens - 29 Days until GDF

yankeedawg1 wrote: Will try Steve..... AHB and others reporting MM had his knee scoped on Thursday

Much like MB did last year. Clemson question mark at this time. CC and MB will need

To step up. Again.......first game without JSW

Really nice "Main" post yd1....you rank the weekly cool one up front....

Man, MM just can't get completely healthy.

JJ Henry is going to see a good bit of playing time on D this year....watch for him (may be more at nickel back).

Also believe Swann will have a good year. Simplifying things in the D backfield will help them play faster....not so sure Swann wasn't blamed for alot of mistakes that were actually others missing their assignments....not Swann. He looked really frustrated at times...probably at his teammate's mistakes.

I'm with thriller....D secondary concerns me but unlike last year, under Pruitt they WILL get better as the season goes on.

Btw, one sports talk show host here in Jax thinks the Dawgs will be worse than last year (mainly AM gone).

Great weekend everyone. :)

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 9 months ago #61576 by thriller
You know Buc, that's a good point. And you, as always, are VERY perceptive in that omission of mine.

I failed to mention OL, because, honestly, it SHOULD be the most terrifying machine in football. That is a big, talented group. So I just make the ASSUMPTION (we should never do that) that they will perform. We should be able to simply make that assumption. But past performance has made me hesitate to predict future performance. So - not saying I have my doubts - but I'm going to hold off on predicting that one.

Good catch though, sir.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds